Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Andrea Rossi today had a successful test of his "Cold Fusion" cell. Rossi's success has exceeded my dreams from 1989 as to what “Cold Fusion” could do for us. He produced electricity directly from plasma and ran his device in Self-Sustaining Mode. I like what Rossi said about powering my future CyberTruck from Tesla:

"We should have an electric engine with infinite autonomy, it seems. We’ll see."

Rossi Ecat SKL Test Success.png
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Think of the possibilities with one of the many over unity motors you can find on YouTube!

Thinking about this a bit more: I believe it means that entropy will decrease. Entropy is the "arrow of time" so having it flow in the reverse direction implies you should be able to time travel in your CT too. Neat.

OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Country flag
Think of the possibilities with one of the many over unity motors you can find on YouTube!

Thinking about this a bit more: I believe it means that entropy will decrease. Entropy is the "arrow of time" so having it flow in the reverse direction implies you should be able to time travel in your CT too. Neat.
Dear adjelaange,

Rossi has a good foundation for his invention, the Ecat SKL. A USA Patent and a published research paper.
1. United States Patent US 9,115,913 B1
2. http://www.researchgate.net/publication/330601653_E-Cat_SK_and_long_range_particle_interactions

In addition to his testing success today, the mind-blower is his recent reply to a question on his blog.

July 29, 2020 at 2:01 AM

Dr Rossi,
Again about the Casimir Effect, based on what I read on
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/330601653_E-Cat_SK_and_long_range_particle_interactions
: does it have a cause effect with the zero point energy ?
Emily

Andrea Rossi
July 29, 2020 at 3:13 AM
Emily King:
In reference 22 of my paper on Researchgate is proposed, as a possible cause of the high density charge clustering, the vacuum pressure hypothesyzed by Casimir and experimentally verified as you can see in reference 18 of my paper.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Andrea Rossi today had a successful test of his "Cold Fusion" cell. Rossi's success has exceeded my dreams from 1989 as to what “Cold Fusion” could do for us. He produced electricity directly from plasma and ran his device in Self-Sustaining Mode. I like what Rossi said about powering my future CyberTruck from Tesla:

"We should have an electric engine with infinite autonomy, it seems. We’ll see."

Rossi Ecat SKL Test Success.png
Are we talking perpetual motion machine here? Extracting more energy than we put in? What happened to the conservation of energy, etc?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Can this be found in the Journal of Irreproducible Results?

No. Turns out he is a genuine fraud. Here he is in New Energy Times
The Pied Piper of Bologna: Andrea Rossi and the E-Cat Con
A six-year retrospective of the Andrea Rossi E-Cat Con
By Steven B. Krivit -- Nov. 2, 2016

E-Cat is the nickname for a fraudulent thermal power generation system called the Energy Catalyzer, conceived by white-collar criminal Andrea Rossi. He has served time in prison twice and been convicted of financial fraud. The E-Cat is at least his third energy-related scam.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Country flag
Can this be found in the Journal of Irreproducible Results?

No. Turns out he is a genuine fraud. Here he is in New Energy Times
The Pied Piper of Bologna: Andrea Rossi and the E-Cat Con
A six-year retrospective of the Andrea Rossi E-Cat Con
By Steven B. Krivit -- Nov. 2, 2016

E-Cat is the nickname for a fraudulent thermal power generation system called the Energy Catalyzer, conceived by white-collar criminal Andrea Rossi. He has served time in prison twice and been convicted of financial fraud. The E-Cat is at least his third energy-related scam.
Time will tell. Rossi has set September, 2020 for independent replication of his results today. I do not believe this is a fraud. Stay tuned.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
This guy is just absolutely amazing. He scammed hordes of (once) respected Swedish scientists with an unbelievably simple trick. I'm aghast.

A part of the tale I particularly enjoy is that his exposure was brought about in large part by the Australian Dick Smith who used to run a chain of Radio Shack like stores but has since turned to philanthropy. He was, with typical Ozzie wit, known as "The Electronic Dick".

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
My mind is still blown by this. This guy also swindled many investors out of millions of dollars. The reason i am kicking the dust up again here is it occurred to me that Nikola might equally well be a phantasma.

OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Country flag
My mind is still blown by this. This guy also swindled many investors out of millions of dollars. The reason i am kicking the dust up again here is it occurred to me that Nikola might equally well be a phantasma.
Dear ajdelang,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Wishing you well. I rather see you "kicking [up] the dust" with a Tesla Tri-Motor CyberTruck (0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Dear ajdelang,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Wishing you well. I rather see you "kicking [up] the dust" with a Tesla Tri-Motor CyberTruck (0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds).
I don’t get the relationship but maybe that’s the point? If the test goes through, by independent and multiple international labs, then the world will rejoice. Otherwise it will probably chuckle.

OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Country flag
I don’t get the relationship but maybe that’s the point? If the test goes through, by independent and multiple international labs, then the world will rejoice. Otherwise it will probably chuckle.
Dear Jack,

Yes, the point is either the Ecat SKL works or it doesn't. Only independent verification will tell.
(Hopefully in September, 2020).

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The dead giveaway is in his misapplication of the Wien Equation in section 6 of the paper. Naturally, he doesn't show a picture of the spectrum as that would flag his duplicity but some how someone got a picture of it. It's a line spectrum. The power in the spectrum is orders of magnitude less than what he calculates as his calculation is for a near black body radiator. It's also been pointed out that his calculated 8106 K is appreciably hotter than the sun's surface 5800K. So he's got something in a box on a table in a lab much hotter than the sun.

Think whatever you like. Just don't send the man money!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Country flag
The dead giveaway is in his misapplication of the Wien Equation in section 6 of the paper. Naturally, he doesn't show a picture of the spectrum as that would flag his duplicity but some how someone got a picture of it. It's a line spectrum. The power in the spectrum is orders of magnitude less than what he calculates as his calculation is for a near black body radiator. It's also been pointed out that his calculated 8106 K is appreciably hotter than the sun's surface 5800K. So he's got something in a box on a table in a lab much hotter than the sun.

Think whatever you like. Just don't send the man money!
Dear ajdelange,

Yes, extraordinary claims require proof. (Fortunately the piece of exterrestial flying saucer examined by Eric W. Davis can finally put Carl Sagan to rest).

Rossi is an inventor, engineer, and a reseacher a terrible combination to get a FINAL design. I feel Rossi has finally run out of improvement iterations. Time for him to show his cards.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Im all for new ways of making, using, tapping into, drawing from, whatever you want to call it. for getting useful energy.
and if its a real thing I hope it works.

but I gotta agree with AJ on this one. the "paper" if you want to call it that is nothing but fluff
Sponsored