Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
From the order page:

Warnings: The Customer is not allowed to disassemble or to modify the ECAT SKLep in any way and any modification or disassembling and reassembling will cancel the warranty. The Customer is aware of the fact that the E–CAT technology has been patented.
Um... Can we see the patent? Where is it?
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
if generates 6 kw energy from 1, why does the system not use one of the six to “re-energize” the system?

5D7EFF2E-E4C8-4BFE-8A9B-F210F86AEDE0.jpeg

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Wondering out loud does the system cycle the same 1 kw energy around and was measured 6 times with the variation mentioned showing degradation?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Rossi e-cat SKlep 100W electric power generator now available for preorder. $249.00.
www.ecatorders.com

Specifications:

Dimensions: cm 7 x 7 x height 9 ( 2.8″ x 2.8″ x height 3.6″ )

Weight: 250 grams ( 8.8 ounces )

Expected operational lifespan: 100 000 hours

Electricity consumption: 1 Wh/h @ 12 V

Electricity generation: 100 Wh/h @ 12 V

Power density: 4.4 liters/kW = 4.4 cubic meters/MW

e-Cat SKLep 100W.png
One free tinfoil hat included with every order

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Tempted to order so I can disassemble. Did not realize the size and weight of the unit. 100,000 operational predicted hours? 11.4 years.

I think I will wait until user reviews confirm promises.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
One free tinfoil hat included with every order
Probably not even real tinfoil. Probably that cheap knockoff "aluminum foil". That stuff doesn't block any mind control rays that come from the gamma quadrant.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I just received my unit today! Can someone explain to me why it doesn't work?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The patent doesn't say it produces power. It's just an arrangement of metals and pipes, none of which are specified.

If anything, shows how the patent system is so broken.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I know the inner workings, ask questions if description is too technical.

1. The box contains an upper and lower reservoir
2. Water from the top reservoir flows down right side turning a wheel into the lower reservoir
3. Wheel generates electricity and pushes into a battery below without coolong system.
4. The heat flash steams water In the bottom reservoir cooling the battery
5. Steam rises on the left side speeding up the wheel rotation generating more energy
6. Water runs through a condenser coil and refills top reservoir.
7. Power generation growth stabilizes when 1.21 gigawatts of power output is achieved
From the order page:
Warnings: The Customer is not allowed to disassemble or to modify the ECAT SKLep in any way and any modification or disassembling and reassembling will cancel the warranty. The Customer is aware of the fact that the E–CAT technology has been patented.
Um... Can we see the patent? Where is it?
Hmmm... while there is a patent # 9115913 that is assigned to Leonardo Corporation, the patent itself seems to be for an apparatus for heating a fluid using a fuel mixture. What does this patent have to do with the ECat SKL device that is asking for pre-orders?

Based on what I've read about the device, it seems that it is taking in a certain amount of electricity and producing an even larger amount of electricity as output. Internally there seems to be a heat source that is causing a fluid to heat up and then uses convection to move around the device where there is generator of some sort that is using the moving fluid to generate the output electricity.

Nothing real special here except that the transition from input electricity to heated/moving fluid will lose some energy and the further transition from moving/cooling fluid will once again lose some energy. Plus there will be some energy lost when the fluid cools and lets off heat to the surrounding device.

So what is the relationship of the provided patent to this device? Well the patent relates to heating a fluid in a specific way. So my guess is that this patented heating method is being used to heat the fluid in the device.

OK. But given all the expected energy losses, how is this device supposed to output more electricity than it produces? Well, it turns out that the patent method of heating the fluid has multiple inputs. There is an electrical input to a resistor to provide some initial heat (plus occasional additional heat later on to sustain the heat source). But there is additionally (and seemingly primary) source of heat comprising of reagents and a catalyst. So there is a chemical reaction taking place to produce most of the heat. According to the patent, the chemical reaction is using lithium, and lithium aluminum hydride in a reaction cycle with a catalyst comprised of a group 10 element. The group 10 elements are nickle (Ni), palladium (Pd), and platinum (Pt).

Now I'm no chemist. Technically I did study college-level chemistry for a while but that knowledge is long gone from my brain at this point. However, given my limited remaining knowledge of chemistry, my guess is that the input heat is needed to start an exothermic (producing heat) reaction involving the lithium and lithium aluminum hydride. This reaction is sustained for a while but then as the reaction runs out of fuel, the device cools and the reaction reverses, recharging the chemical reaction from ambient heat. If the chemical reactions happen at just the right temperatures, then this device could "suck" some energy from the surroundings and potentially look like it is producing more energy than it is consuming for a period of time. In reality though, it's not.

And as the device ages, the chemical fuels will need to be replaced as other unwanted chemical reactions take place and cause the fuel to slowly become unusable. On the ecat orders page it mentions that the device has an expected lifespan of 100,000 hours.

Expected operational lifespan: 100 000 hours
So depending on how the device is constructed, I imagine that after the 100,000 hours the fuel chemicals would need to either be replaced or the whole device might need to be replaced. But it also mentions:

Delivery of this product will occur only if Leonardo Corporation collects at least one million orders of the Ecat SKLep and SKLed combined
Wait, so you are expecting that over 1 million people will fork out $249 for an unproven device that has not yet been built at mass scale. So you intend to raise a quarter billion dollars before anyone can test your device to see if it even works reliably?

And then there is this:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRE-ORDER:

Delivery:
The Customer agrees that the ECAT SKLep will be delivered only if Leonardo Corporation collects orders for at least 1,000,000 (one million) units. Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer when the deliveries will begin. In any case Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer of the delivery date within December 31st, 2022. If the target of orders for 1,000,000 ( one million) units is not reached, this order will be void.
So there is a pretty good chance that the needed quarter billion dollars does not get raised. In which case, all the paid-up orders are void. But there is no mention of guaranteed return of the order monies.

This whole thing gets sketchier by the minute. I'll let someone else give it a try first. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuler?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Oh, and if anyone wants to see the actual patent, you can go here. At that site, search for patent # 9,115,913 like this:

1639280752332.png

The wording in the patent is less than clear and not real helpful. But hey, just in case you wanted to see it in the raw.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The device not only hasn't been made at mass scale...

...it has never been tested by an independent third party.

So we don't even know of one having been built yet.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
From the order page:

Hmmm... while there is a patent # 9115913 that is assigned to Leonardo Corporation, the patent itself seems to be for an apparatus for heating a fluid using a fuel mixture. What does this patent have to do with the ECat SKL device that is asking for pre-orders?

Based on what I've read about the device, it seems that it is taking in a certain amount of electricity and producing an even larger amount of electricity as output. Internally there seems to be a heat source that is causing a fluid to heat up and then uses convection to move around the device where there is generator of some sort that is using the moving fluid to generate the output electricity.

Nothing real special here except that the transition from input electricity to heated/moving fluid will lose some energy and the further transition from moving/cooling fluid will once again lose some energy. Plus there will be some energy lost when the fluid cools and lets off heat to the surrounding device.

So what is the relationship of the provided patent to this device? Well the patent relates to heating a fluid in a specific way. So my guess is that this patented heating method is being used to heat the fluid in the device.

OK. But given all the expected energy losses, how is this device supposed to output more electricity than it produces? Well, it turns out that the patent method of heating the fluid has multiple inputs. There is an electrical input to a resistor to provide some initial heat (plus occasional additional heat later on to sustain the heat source). But there is additionally (and seemingly primary) source of heat comprising of reagents and a catalyst. So there is a chemical reaction taking place to produce most of the heat. According to the patent, the chemical reaction is using lithium, and lithium aluminum hydride in a reaction cycle with a catalyst comprised of a group 10 element. The group 10 elements are nickle (Ni), palladium (Pd), and platinum (Pt).

Now I'm no chemist. Technically I did study college-level chemistry for a while but that knowledge is long gone from my brain at this point. However, given my limited remaining knowledge of chemistry, my guess is that the input heat is needed to start an exothermic (producing heat) reaction involving the lithium and lithium aluminum hydride. This reaction is sustained for a while but then as the reaction runs out of fuel, the device cools and the reaction reverses, recharging the chemical reaction from ambient heat. If the chemical reactions happen at just the right temperatures, then this device could "suck" some energy from the surroundings and potentially look like it is producing more energy than it is consuming for a period of time. In reality though, it's not.

And as the device ages, the chemical fuels will need to be replaced as other unwanted chemical reactions take place and cause the fuel to slowly become unusable. On the ecat orders page it mentions that the device has an expected lifespan of 100,000 hours.

So depending on how the device is constructed, I imagine that after the 100,000 hours the fuel chemicals would need to either be replaced or the whole device might need to be replaced. But it also mentions:

Wait, so you are expecting that over 1 million people will fork out $249 for an unproven device that has not yet been built at mass scale. So you intend to raise a quarter billion dollars before anyone can test your device to see if it even works reliably?

And then there is this:

So there is a pretty good chance that the needed quarter billion dollars does not get raised. In which case, all the paid-up orders are void. But there is no mention of guaranteed return of the order monies.

This whole thing gets sketchier by the minute. I'll let someone else give it a try first. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuler?
This is, by far, the best assessment I've read about this device to date. Thank you!

OP
OP

Psitronx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda 2010 CRV
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
How to Achieve an Ecat Powered World (Bård Havre)
Posted on December 19, 2021
https://e-catworld.com/2021/12/19/how-to-achieve-an-ecat-powered-world-bard-havre/

Charging EVs.
2-4 kW would give most EVs max. range over 24 hours of charging. With the device in the car, range would be almost unlimited for most driving, excluding endurance racing. A wide range of configurations with smaller batteries, supercapcitors, more Ecat power like 30 kW, that would give unlimited range, lower weight, and lower cost can be imagined. Similar
systems for all sorts of trucks, excavators…trains…trams…buses…airplanes…the list is endless.
Sponsored