Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
A simple piece of rope shows quite a bit of information.

By stretching a reference rope from the tailgate of a Ford F-150 to the roof then to front grill we simulate the lines of the Tesla Cyber Truck superimposed on the Ford. The results are interesting and have aerodynamic implications.

Sponsored

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Note that the crew cab 6-1/2' bed Ford F150 in that video is longer than the CyberTruck. Per the Ford website, that model is like 244" long. The CyberTruck is reportedly the same length as the 5-1/2' Crew Cab F150 at 232".

I would be curious to know how the peak point of the rope compares to the floor of the cab as compared to the CyberTruck. How does the headroom compare?

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Nice visual. I can't believe I missed this video till now.

I would be curious to know how the peak point of the rope compares to the floor of the cab as compared to the CyberTruck. How does the headroom compare?
I was thinking the same thing on length.

I believe the CT will allow the passenger cab to sit a little lower due to exoskeleton design versus traditional cab on frame. This may allow more headroom.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, the only thing he missed was the nose of the Cybertruck is lower. If he tied it to the grill, so it cut off the edges of the windshield and the nose of the hood.

-Crissa