Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
From another thread...

F150, F250, and many other pick-up drivers are extremely interested in the truck.
Reminded me of my experience the other day.

I was out getting drinks with a bunch of friends and the conversation caught on that my Cybertruck was being delivered soon. Most of them did not know what a cybertruck was, so I showed a picture on my phone and the girls started going wild. "OH MY GOD WHEN ARE WE GOING FOR A RIDE"

Another guy in the group bought an F150 Lightning last year, and kept saying "my truck's electric too" and the girls were like, deer-eyed "uh huh", turned back to me "SO WHEN IS YOUR CYBERTRUCK COMING"

EV or not, no one even cars. People go wild for the cybertruck. It could probably have a gasoline engine and it would attract the same attention. The F150 is boring no matter what powertrain.
Sponsored

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
From another thread...

Reminded me of my experience the other day.

I was out getting drinks with a bunch of friends and the conversation caught on that my Cybertruck was being delivered soon. Most of them did not know what a cybertruck was, so I showed a picture on my phone and the girls started going wild. "OH MY GOD WHEN ARE WE GOING FOR A RIDE"

Another guy in the group bought an F150 Lightning last year, and kept saying "my truck's electric too" and the girls were like, deer-eyed "uh huh", turned back to me "SO WHEN IS YOUR CYBERTRUCK COMING"

EV or not, no one even cars. People go wild for the cybertruck. It could probably have a gasoline engine and it would attract the same attention. The F150 is boring no matter what powertrain.
Like i said before, it is cybertruck vs the rest of cars including S3XY.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
The legacy auto makers were so sure that any departure from the traditional pickup truck design would be rejected by truck buyers. Based on the tepid Lightning sales we're seeing, all it did was highlight the advantages of the ICE when it comes to towing and range. As a compelling alternative to the ICE pickup, the Lightning comes up short. It's still too early to tell how much the CT will eat into F-150 sales, but the prospects are improving with each passing month. CT won't fit every truck use case, but as a multi-purpose vehicle with good truck capabilities, it's going to attract a lot of traditional pickup buyers.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The legacy auto makers were so sure that any departure from the traditional pickup truck design would be rejected by truck buyers. Based on the tepid Lightning sales we're seeing, all it did was highlight the advantages of the ICE when it comes to towing and range. As a compelling alternative to the ICE pickup, the Lightning comes up short. It's still too early to tell how much the CT will eat into F-150 sales, but the prospects are improving with each passing month. CT won't fit every truck use case, but as a multi-purpose vehicle with good truck capabilities, it's going to attract a lot of traditional pickup buyers.
“Tepid Lightning sale”. How so? You realize the Lightning is a Trim of the F-150 lineup, it’s not its own Model. You include it with overall Lightning sales.

When you compare the two the Lightning simple offers more bang for the buck Thant he Cybertruck.

It’s all on the buyer whether they prefer the attention or the best EV Truck available.

As far as the OP’s story, it might or might not be true? The Lightning is a 3 years old Model while the Cybertruck is New, did he expect Moms to drool over a plain truck or the one that looks like an out of this world CUV?

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
“Tepid Lightning sale”. How so? You realize the Lightning is a Trim of the F-150 lineup, it’s not its own Model. You include it with overall Lightning sales.

When you compare the two the Lightning simple offers more bang for the buck Thant he Cybertruck.

It’s all on the buyer whether they prefer the attention or the best EV Truck available.

As far as the OP’s story, it might or might not be true? The Lightning is a 3 years old Model while the Cybertruck is New, did he expect Moms to drool over a plain truck or the one that looks like an out of this world CUV?
You're overstating the case for the Lightning:
Ford has sold less than 40,000 Lightnings since launched in April 2022.
Ford has cut back their 2024 Lightning production target by 50%.
Ford is losing about $36,000 on every Lightning sold.
Ford dealerships have a 100+ day supply of unsold Lightnings.
Ford has temporarily stopped shipping the 2024 Lightning due to quality issues.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You're overstating the case for the Lightning:
Ford has sold less than 40,000 Lightnings since launched in April 2022.
Ford has cut back their 2024 Lightning production target by 50%.
Ford is losing about $36,000 on every Lightning sold.
Ford dealerships have a 100+ day supply of unsold Lightnings.
Ford has temporarily stopped shipping the 2024 Lightning due to quality issues.
1. How many ICE F-150’s have they sold?
2. You realize their 2nd gen is set to debut later this year. Makes sense they would cut production? Has ICE F-150 cut production?
3. Again, see #1, it’s a trim, not a model.
4. They will sell each and every one, do you expect them to sit there for years?
5. Good in Ford for actually stopping shipment to fix the problem, vs delivering and telling them to set a service appointment ….. like Tesla….

Why such dislike for another EV Truck? We should be happy, Tesla took a lot of cues from the Lightning and applied them to our Cybertruck that wasn’t there before. Just like the 2nd gen Lightning will have plenty of Cybertruck cues.

OP
OP
cyberme207

cyberme207

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Really weird and unexpected F150 stan

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Really weird and unexpected F150 stan
No “Stan” here, we don’t need to try and bring down other brands to prop up our Cybertruck and sales is the last thing I am looking at for any indication of how people make decisions in their vehicles.

But when you get down to the numbers AWD CT vs Lightning, it’s up to user preference, nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
cyberme207

cyberme207

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
just sharing an anecdotal truck reaction I experienced, nothing wrong with that.