Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FSD won’t be included as a working option when the CT is released.

Perhaps we can just await until the prototype is actually approved by the government and is delivered to real customers before we get so worked up about taking trips in it? Geez.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Perhaps we can just await until the prototype is actually approved by the government and is delivered to real customers before we get so worked up about taking trips in it? Geez.
If the trip takes years to organize, why not start now?

-Crissa

2Mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf alltrack, Renault zoe
Country flag
Hi! Are all you guys going for the tri-motor on this one or is it doable with dual motor also?

OP
OP
Cyberland Bound
First Name
Cyberland Bound
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cyberlandbound.com
Vehicles
Dual Motor
Country flag
Hi! Are all you guys going for the tri-motor on this one or is it doable with dual motor also?
Most of our team are planning to order the dual motor, thinking that it provides the best compromise of functionality and affordability. But if one of us wins the lottery or gets a big raise, I expect to see a trimotor in the convoy because that 500 miles of range would provide a nice comfortable buffer.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
this is interesting, would be cool to see how close chargers are precisely. i can imagine some places still might be a stretch

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I would love to do this. I am way down the list. Can’t believe I missed this thread. I thought when I joined I went back through every single one. This is exciting.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
Maybe a few of us “Mobile Charging Stations” aka F150 Power Boost owners can tag along? I’m sure 30 amps at 240v might be appreciated in a pinch, we’ll provide an adapter cord. Or, would that be a bad deal, Ford and Tesla mix? Hmmmm?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Hey all - we've organized a team of reservation holders to drive a convoy of cybertrucks across the United States off road on the TransAmerica Trail. A link to our intro video is here: YouTube Introduction.

Interested to hear your suggestions for destinations and gear! We're keeping our ears to the ground for any updates on Tesla's plan for a full-size spare tire...
This sounds super exciting. Here are some thoughts:

Most of our team are planning to order the dual motor,
If they had not ordered it by last summer, I doubt they will have theirs by Summer of 2022. I doubt everyone that did order the night of the reveal will have theirs by summer of 2022. So this may have to be a 2023 or 2024 trip.

200 CTs arriving at one supercharger at the same time can get quite ugly. May want to break up the convoy.

Gotta coordinate with Tesla to see if their team can get to you to do fixes.

It would be nice to have this annually or at least once every two years for those of us that don’t have our CTs yet when you do this. In that case good record keeping of what happens on the first trip would be even more important.

Reporting live and frequently with Starlink would be nice if you are OK with letting folks join for just part of the trip.

If 200 CTs are planning to charge at night at one camp ground, figuring out how many sites have service, what kinda service and what the total capacity is in advance can save some headache. Again it may have to be necessary to break the convoy so there is a day of gap between groups. That will have the advantage the second group does not have to wait for a year to benefit from the experience of the first group.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
If 200 CTs are planning to charge at night at one camp ground, figuring out how many sites have service, what kinda service and what the total capacity is in advance can save some headache. Again it may have to be necessary to break the convoy so there is a day of gap between groups. That will have the advantage the second group does not have to wait for a year to benefit from the experience of the first group.
Just thought I’d share a recent event at a campground with a friends RV. While heating water for tea in the microwave, sparks followed by smoke and one GFCI stop functioning for the coffee pot.Trouble shooting we found 199vac coming from the 120vac outlet. Still waiting for the report from the power company.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Most of our team are planning to order the dual motor, thinking that it provides the best compromise of functionality and affordability. But if one of us wins the lottery or gets a big raise, I expect to see a trimotor in the convoy because that 500 miles of range would provide a nice comfortable buffer.
I used to think the big battery and third motor were in the TriMotor for pulling trailers. Recently a guy on another forum asked about driving 27 miles on Assateague island. I looked into that a bit and what an eye opener! That drive would take half the battery on a TriMotor. I now realize the big battery is also there for off road.

Planning an extended off road trip like the one being discussed here better consider surface condition and charging opportunities. I think they are going to have to be pretty closely spaced. People had better experiment considerably in order to determine Wh/mi numbers for the various trail conditions you will be encountering.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I want to put this on my bucket list. Most of my off-roading was with my Jeep as I develop my farm in snoot in low 4wd gears, 4 tires with chains and trusty Warn winch. Been to Moab a month ago and longingly looked at the off road trails and thought I'll drop my plan doing off roading for pleasure. I'll follow developments as you post and provide an update..

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
Sounds great. What about Baja?
Sponsored