Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck?

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Sparks is located just North East of Reno and like Reno, it’s seeing a massive growth in population. From world class mountain biking, skiing, and Lake Tahoe, along with no State Tax amongst the many perks, Sparks/Reno is a great place to live. With a huge influx of people moving in from California, it’s unfortunately starting to resemble California. With Panasonic, Apple and several other major Silicon Valley companies coming to the area, a lack of quality workers is definitely not an issue.
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Unless you count the Semi, the Roadster, the Tesla Roof, the Tesla Solar Panels, the new battery lines, ... Big plate, Tesla has.
[/QUOTE]
Guess I should have said new design products or new product offerings...

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Idk, all im saying is there is clearly a reason why Tesla decided to build a new factory vs expand the existing factory.

One other thought is simply the supply chain between the Cybertruck and SpaceX.

Celeste

First Name
Celeste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber-truck
Occupation
Author
Country flag
Sheesh. I don’t want to wait. Can’t you at least pretend to be more optimistic for the rest of us? Life has been depressing enough lately...
/ 2023 would be great for me. My Dodge Ram and Camaro would be paid off by then and suitable down payment saved up.

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Rolls Royce Phantom EWB
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I do not know the intricacies about vehicle design, tooling, supply chains, crash testing and manufacturing challenges, but I do know about development and construction.

I just cannot see how Tesla can build at least one factory and deliver a truck within 18 MONTHS from now with so much to do -- for instance......

Buy the land for the terrafactory (it is only optioned right now) // Environmental Impact Study approval (the public comment period alone is a few months) // Govt. permitting & regulatory approvals // design, bid, construct // utility infrastructure // hire & train factory personnel // figure out where in the world are you going to get so much stainless steel // how you would manufacture so many more batteries when demand cannot even be reasonably met right now, and on and on ....

Texas is not like China where you can build a Tesla factory in about a year (that was amazing). Even with local, state & federal entities advocating such a high profile project, it is still going to be an arduous process to build the factory and deliver trucks; it just isn't going to happen by the end of 2021.

My guess is trucks start to roll out by 1st Q 2023, at the earliest, dang it. Anybody else have thoughts on the timelines?
GERMANY is FAR WORSE THAN TEXAS with restrictions and the Berlin Gigafactory build is AHEAD of CHINA at this point and will be production ready with 1 year.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
GERMANY is FAR WORSE THAN TEXAS with restrictions and the Berlin Gigafactory build is AHEAD of CHINA at this point and will be production ready with 1 year.
I think they can start making CTs about a year after they break ground based on the other Giga factories they have built and on the simpler tooling and production requirements of the CT. No stamping. No painting. They already have automated welding and they know everything about EV drivetrains and batteries.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s one thing to come out with a prototype, but it’s another thing to mass produce a vehicle that is brand new, ready to go, and not face recall issues, build quality issues etc. If it was easy, Ford and GM would have already done it. I see the CT as a very important product to the continued success of Tesla. Very important. Because of the hype, it has to be ‘’Right’’ when they start releasing them. 2023 hopefully will be the year. It wont happen in 2021 or 2022.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s one thing to come out with a prototype, but it’s another thing to mass produce a vehicle that is brand new, ready to go, and not face recall issues, build quality issues etc. If it was easy, Ford and GM would have already done it. I see the CT as a very important product to the continued success of Tesla. Very important. Because of the hype, it has to be ‘’Right’’ when they start releasing them. 2023 hopefully will be the year. It wont happen in 2021 or 2022.
Randy be careful of what you say, not till 2023! You'll start riots in the streets! Remember all CTs matter!:oops::oops::oops:

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very funny. I like it. But... just being realistic.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Very funny. I like it. But... just being realistic.
I remain optimistic, but I think you're right about the "full scale" production not being for a while. The target is something like 1,000 vehicles a day, which even if they have trucks coming off the line the last quarter of 2021 it will mostly be hand assembled like the M3 was.

Ideally the ball will be rolling in late 2021, if only slowly.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y x 2
Country flag
For the past couple of years that I've been following Tesla, I've seen how people have continually underestimated Elon Musk. It seems that no matter how often he amazes us with his engineering brilliance, marketing magic, and industrial prowess, we keep doubting the man. I have no basis for predicting when the first Cybertrucks will roll off the assembly line, but I do believe it will be as early as humanly possible. Elon has an uncanny ability to identify and eliminate obstacles before they even materialize. He's farsighted and decisive, but unafraid to change direction quickly if circumstances require. His honesty and transparency enhance his credibility and feed into the trust that people afford him. Add to that his ability to attract very capable and dedicated people to work for him means that he's able to accomplish goals that seem to others impossible. No matter how bleak the prospects may appear at this early stage, I'm holding out to take delivery on my Cybertruck 1Q22.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
I'm really hoping they can get one assembly line up at Fremont or Nevada prior to Texas/OK factory being done. This way they can optimize and have all the kinks worked out prior, and have the new factory ready to crank out volume from the start... Why wouldn't that an option?
Sponsored