Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I’m with you brother! I am pretty confident that Tesla will start spitting out unpainted SS Cybertruck‘s in Q4 of 2021. They literally have billions in CT sales revenue and anxious buyers waiting in the wings.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
As delighted as I was to see them grading the land next next day, I am sticking to my prediction that the first Cybertruck will roll off the assembly line no earlier than September 2022. Happy to be proven wrong, but don’t hold your breath.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
As delighted as I was to see them grading the land next next day, I am sticking to my prediction that the first Cybertruck will roll off the assembly line no earlier than September 2022. Happy to be proven wrong, but don’t hold your breath.
God. I hope you are wrong.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
If he has the factory up and running by end of year for say the MY then the CT by end of 21 I think is quite possible. Still think mine wont be ready any sooner then 22/23 august. Just my guess. I am way up the list.

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
I’m with you brother! I am pretty confident that Tesla will start spitting out unpainted SS Cybertruck‘s in Q4 of 2021. They literally have billions in CT sales revenue and anxious buyers waiting in the wings.
Exactly! It’s going to be their top seller immediately and they will move heaven and earth to get it out next year! Not to mention the possibility of using the fleet for V2G. ??
With Rivian just announcing a delivery date of 2021, no chance Elon gives them an entire year head start! He’s going to get these CT’s out in order to take over the market and the industry as a whole!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I am 518k+. My wait is on the order of excruciating. Still, better than those in the single motor, dual motor crowd or those who ordered May on. I will be living vicariously until then.

DrDefore

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For those who actually convert their deposit into an actual order, my prediction is you will, get your CT In 2023.
For an exoskeleton body/frame that nobody has yet to manufacture.. problems will arise. Problems = delays. I just hope they get it right!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Plainly they need a fair number of vehicles to do real field testing with and so there is probably a pilot production line under construction somehwere right now. With that there will probably be a trickle of vehicles released to test personnel, employees, investors... by the end of next year and we may start to see a couple on the road then. As a guy where I am in the queue I have little expectation that I will see mine in 2022 even but I am hopeful.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Okay, all of that is just completely false. Simpler production operations without a doubt make the make the vehicle faster to produce and cheaper to produce too. Simpler operations to produce also make it a lot easier to automate production.
False. If, for instance, it always takes 54 seconds to install a windshield, it doesn't matter how many processes precede the windshield install or how many come after that, you can't produce any faster than one vehicle per every 54 seconds per line. It will make production much more simple but you can't produce (using a single assembly line) any faster than the slowest process in your production line.

You are correct that fewer processes typically makes it chaper to produce though.

- Former Industrial Engineer for General Motors here... and I KNOW line balance/material balance systems.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If you go by past experience. Not 1 Tesla model, to date, has come out on the initial expected target date. They have all been delayed.
Yeah... I got my Model Y June 20th of 2020... Elon said they'd be produced "Fall 2020". Last I checked, June of 2020 is a wee bit earlier than Fall of 2020.

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
False. If, for instance, it always takes 54 seconds to install a windshield, it doesn't matter how many processes precede the windshield install or how many come after that, you can't produce any faster than one vehicle per every 54 seconds per line. It will make production much more simple but you can't produce (using a single assembly line) any faster than the slowest process in your production line.
I spend about 7 years at a GM car plant in General Assembly, I was not an Industrial Engineer nor did I do line balancing, but as I recall, if a process took more that the allotted time, they would have multiple stations and tools dedicated to that process. So if you had a process (i.e. windshield installation) that took 1 min 30 sec, you would have 2 separate tools in two different work stations installing that part. Thus still making the 53 sec window allowed, just taking up more floor space and was more expensive because you had to have multiple operators and multiple tools.

If I remember right they were doing this for cockpit install, fluid fill, and maybe others. I do remember multiple glass install stations, but I thought maybe they were for front and rear.

Just my thoughts. Not from an expert.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Exactly! It’s going to be their top seller immediately and they will move heaven and earth to get it out next year! Not to mention the possibility of using the fleet for V2G. ??
With Rivian just announcing a delivery date of 2021, no chance Elon gives them an entire year head start! He’s going to get these CT’s out in order to take over the market and the industry as a whole!
No chance in hell Elon would let that happen I’m guessing. If so, something fishy going on?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

You are correct that fewer processes typically makes it chaper to produce though.

- Former Industrial Engineer for General Motors here... and I KNOW line balance/material balance systems.
So you're saying 9 women can't make a baby in 1 month.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah... I got my Model Y June 20th of 2020... Elon said they'd be produced "Fall 2020". Last I checked, June of 2020 is a wee bit earlier than Fall of 2020.
YUP! and they started deliveries in MARCH. and people still doubt Tesla.
Sponsored