Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I doubt closing the garage door will suffice. Every summer I observe a black snake wind its way between the concrete and where the vinyl flashing and brick siding meet. There is no significant visible gap, but it manages to get in and out and sets up housekeeping inside the wall of my garage. I have thought to grab it and pull it out, but for worry of it getting injured in the process, so we "co-habitate". A closed garage door might deter such critters, but it won't bar a determined one. My resident snake does it every summer, same place and I have thought about sealing it up but for concern of maybe sealing it in there to its doom.
Snakes are very much creatures of habit, I too have seen the same Grey Rat Snake in the same location on my property year after year. All I can hope for is that the Copperheads, Moccasins and Rattlesnakes by nature are rather fat and portly, not so the skinny Black Snake, but I always have an automatic light illuminate the garage at night when I activate the motion sensor.

When clearing my land before I built my house in the fall of the year several years ago I accidentally unearthed a gopher hole with the bulldozer and sent 7 Moccasins looking for a new place to overwinter. The gophers and the snakes have a working relationship all figured out and looks like you have a little friend that appreciates your generosity of the garage, any mice issues, they are usually looking for food.

Speaking of food, during the construction phase for the house I came home one afternoon to our RV we were living in at the time while building and noticed several buzzards in the street dining so I investigated. Turns out it was one of our native Rattlesnakes that lost an argument with a car tire and had switched places on the food chain. It was 5 feet long and looked like he had been enjoying the plentiful field mice that abound in our area.

Ever seen a Rat Snake scale a brick wall straight up. He could smell or see some little Green Frogs that hang out near out porch lights and was heading for lunch. Funniest thing watching that fellow accend that flat brick wall with much determination to enjoy a nice meal. BTW the little frogs let out a odd scream when the snake locks on and starts working the jaws around him bit by bit.
Sponsored

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Snakes are very much creatures of habit, I too have seen the same Grey Rat Snake in the same location on my property year after year. All I can hope for is that the Copperheads, Moccasins and Rattlesnakes by nature are rather fat and portly, not so the skinny Black Snake, but I always have an automatic light illuminate the garage at night when I activate the motion sensor.

When clearing my land before I built my house in the fall of the year several years ago I accidentally unearthed a gopher hole with the bulldozer and sent 7 Moccasins looking for a new place to overwinter. The gophers and the snakes have a working relationship all figured out and looks like you have a little friend that appreciates your generosity of the garage, any mice issues, they are usually looking for food.

Speaking of food, during the construction phase for the house I came home one afternoon to our RV we were living in at the time while building and noticed several buzzards in the street dining so I investigated. Turns out it was one of our native Rattlesnakes that lost an argument with a car tire and had switched places on the food chain. It was 5 feet long and looked like he had been enjoying the plentiful field mice that abound in our area.

Ever seen a Rat Snake scale a brick wall straight up. He could smell or see some little Green Frogs that hang out near out porch lights and was heading for lunch. Funniest thing watching that fellow accend that flat brick wall with much determination to enjoy a nice meal. BTW the little frogs let out a odd scream when the snake locks on and starts working the jaws around him bit by bit.
Besides letting out an odd scream, if they wore pants like Kermit they would certainly shit them too!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Besides letting out an odd scream, if they wore pants like Kermit they would certainly defecate (forced political correctness) in them too!

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Besides letting out an odd scream, if they wore pants like Kermit they would certainly defecate (forced political correctness) in them too!
Yea, I know, it's all fun and games till you change places in the food chain. ?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Yea, I know, it's all fun and games till you change places in the food chain. ?
And I well know it. Came too close with a Great White once.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Circumventing the law can be easier than changing it for sure!

...and sometimes outdated laws just stop getting enforced.
I think the legal expression is "Abrogated by disuse"
That was the expression in the part of the world I came from! (RSA)
Sponsored