Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'd love to see an option to pay a yearly fee instead of Ads.

I hope there wlll be a group where internet providers such as Youtube etc can join and receive a percentage pay per view.

I'd love to see Netflix, and all others have a group fee of say $200 a year.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I wish we could always watch videos without ads. So much more enjoyable
Use the Brave web browser on your phone or PC and then you can sign into utube and watch without adds, amongst other things, like getting rid of the annoying cookie permissions. Otherwise there's ublock origin plugin for Chrome, or install a pihole. I haven't seen adds in years, makes page loading faster too. ;)

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Use the Brave web browser on your phone or PC and then you can sign into utube and watch without adds, amongst other things, like getting rid of the annoying cookie permissions. Otherwise there's ublock origin plugin for Chrome, or install a pihole. I haven't seen adds in years, makes page loading faster too. ;)
Will it stop the people the videos from getting revenue? Thats what im after. Steering us away from Idiocracy any way I can

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'd love to see an option to pay a yearly fee instead of Ads.

I hope there wlll be a group where internet providers such as Youtube etc can join and receive a percentage pay per view.

I'd love to see Netflix, and all others have a group fee of say $200 a year.
That might be Twitter 2.0.

I'm not sure what the cost needs to be though, the more people join the more affordable it becomes to pay content providers, which btw I don't distinguish between corporate or personal. So $10-20 a month might be enough. The trick will be to make content generation worthwhile, otherwise we get stuck with the media advertising model again, that promotes business content over truth or less agenderized content.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Not familiar with him so I’ll take your word on it.

Wasn’t a criticism. Just found it a bit ironic.
OK, here he is 3 years ago the night of the reveal.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
I live in California. I wonder if Tesla cooperates, is there any legal issue preventing us to pick up the truck from Austin and drive back to California?

My brother lives there, and I even have 2 properties 12 miles away from Austin Giga factory which I never visited, I definitely want to pick up myself.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I live in California. I wonder if Tesla cooperates, is there any legal issue preventing us to pick up the truck from Austin and drive back to California?

My brother lives there, and I even have 2 properties 12 miles away from Austin Giga factory which I never visited, I definitely want to pick up myself.
We'd need Tesla to provide the paper temp plates. But California doesn't care where we pick it up as long as we have those. And Texas doesn't care where the truck is handed over, as long as the sale is handled out of state. To Texas, it's on us to make sure it's properly taxed and licensed.

If you have property there, the price peak was probably last summer. I'd suggest selling.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The big question is whether Tesla wants to invest in doing this. If it’s just 100 of us on CTOC interested, it’s not going to be worth the investment. Tesla needs at least a few dozen per month coming to pick it up to invest in a new process. Might make sense to do it on a monthly schedule.

Would people delay delivery by a week or two to do this?

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
They're already using Semis to deliver cars. And for the battery run from Nevada.

So did you register it in Nebraska first, or did you get temporary tags from the state? How do you get the vin inspection without temporary tags?

-Crissa
I have a similar story: I bought my S (almost 8 years ago) and picked it up in NC (I live in VA), they gave me 30 day temp tags and, of course, I paid the sales tax in VA where the car was registered. It wasn't a big deal to do and Tesla gave me the option of doing it again for the Y, although we opted for Richmond, since I had to be there for work, anyway.

One reason Tesla may *not* do factory deliveries is: you still need folks to staff the deliveries to do the walk-through inspection, talk about any features/questions, finalize any paperwork (although with the Y back in December, I had already paid for it, provide proof of insurance, etc) and send you on your way.

OP
OP
KrodEKid

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
The big question is whether Tesla wants to invest in doing this. If it’s just 100 of us on CTOC interested, it’s not going to be worth the investment. Tesla needs at least a few dozen per month coming to pick it up to invest in a new process. Might make sense to do it on a monthly schedule.

Would people delay delivery by a week or two to do this?
There's a lot to be said for being able to schedule something. I'd rather wait a little and be able to plan for it than have last minute notification and get 4 weeks earlier.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
When Elon first announced buying the property in Austin he talked about it being 5 minutes from the airport, right on the Colorado River, and they're going to have a walking/biking boardwalk. It's going to be an ecological paradise.
That indicated to me that they are not just building a factory, but also having accessibility to the public. Having factory pick-up would seem to go along with that.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
My plan was to pick up at the factory. I live 5 hours north. I was hoping for a tour at the same time, but scrolling through the comments it seems Tesla doesn't give out tours, even for pay? I thought they did, but I guess I'll just have to walk around the outside of the building and see what I can see. I always planned on picking up the CT at the factory, though.

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
he shills for tesla too.
I'll admit, I had to look this up in the Urban Dictionary. " A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services. "

I disagree. Zac spreads the love to other EV manufacturers. He built an electric Humvee. He owns a Rivian. He has a video on the Ford Lightening. Zac is not covert about his love for EVs. He lets everyone know that will listen.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My plan was to pick up at the factory. I live 5 hours north. I was hoping for a tour at the same time, but scrolling through the comments it seems Tesla doesn't give out tours, even for pay? I thought they did, but I guess I'll just have to walk around the outside of the building and see what I can see. I always planned on picking up the CT at the factory, though.
Tesla has done tours in the past at Fremont. COVID kind of put an end to that and they never returned. I don’t think the idea is out of the question. Just a matter of desire and demand.
Sponsored