Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Next-door neighbor having a consult with chief of security. No "angry birds" allowed around here boss, no sir. Contrary to popular belief gators are very intelligent and learn how to mind their manners in order to earn rewards, kind of like teenagers.
Tesla Cybertruck Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years? 1628975580074

He better wash his hands before dinner or momma is gonna skin his hide.

Tesla Cybertruck Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years? 1628975653464

Proper manners are taught at an early age. They learn you don't get treats if you jump to the head of the line and act all rude.

Tesla Cybertruck Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years? 1628975746465

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
got it......I grew up in the south and had copperheads, water Mocs and a few rattlesnakes......I hate'em all.....I kept checking out the book "all about snakes" from the library just to see them......the copperhead is beautiful from far away because of its colors, but it is nasty and very mean looking up close
Funny you mention the Copperhead, once while moving a pile of stacked fire wood with my neighbor and I had the Mrs. several feet off to the side as a protective over watch and not preoccupied with any other task other than watching she called out "snake at 3'clock". I froze, located him, pinned him down with a broom handle and safely removed him from the work area and went back to moving the wood. His big draw to the wood pile was for mice so I expected to find some form of rodent control that afternoon.

And on another note, we keep our garage doors closed at all times, they are on a 5 minute timer lest someone forget to close them for that very reason, no unauthorized visitors.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Hydrogen peroxide, yes. This is why I don't use shorthand, it always fails.

-Crissa
No, it didn't fail. He was referring to Sodium the metal (Na), not sodium the ion (as in table salt), and H2O (water), not H2O2 hydrogen peroxide. Sodium the metal is so soft you can cut it with a knife. It is also so unstable and reactive to water that it must be stored under oil, because the moisture in ambient humidity is sufficient to cause a very nasty explosion. Funny how great a difference a single electron can make between something necessary for life and something that can take your life. That is what he was referring to about blowing up the high school chemistry lab. My undergraduate chemistry professor talked about putting some in a cloth bag and tossing it into a body of water just for kicks. You could try using it with your animal urine and see what happens, but anybody who had college level or even high school level chemistry knows of the dangers of Na and H2O. I recently found a news article about an alligator sneaking up on an unaware fisherman also. Point is, just because something isn't ALWAYS dangerous doesn't mean it can't be dangerous and or deadly. Even the fastest mongoose occasionally loses a battle with a cobra.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, it didn't fail. He was referring to Sodium the metal (Na), not sodium the ion (as in table salt), and H2O (water), not H2O2 hydrogen peroxide. Sodium the metal is so soft you can cut it with a knife. It is also so unstable and reactive to water that it must be stored under oil, because the moisture in ambient humidity is sufficient to cause a very nasty explosion. Funny how great a difference a single electron can make between something necessary for life and something that can take your life. That is what he was referring to about blowing up the high school chemistry lab. My undergraduate chemistry professor talked about putting some in a cloth bag and tossing it into a body of water just for kicks. You could try using it with your animal urine and see what happens, but anybody who had college level or even high school level chemistry knows of the dangers of Na and H2O. I recently found a news article about an alligator sneaking up on an unaware fisherman also. Point is, just because something isn't ALWAYS dangerous doesn't mean it can't be dangerous and or deadly. Even the fastest mongoose occasionally loses a battle with a cobra.
thats correct......your response is exactly what I was referring to.....my chem teacher was laughing all the way to the bank......he said he wished he had a camera as the look on our faces was " priceless".....although we knew what would happen, I cut off too much Na.....I visited the high school on our 20 yr reunion and the hole in the ceiling was still there!.....good lesson though......BTW: I got an "A" in the class....but an "F" on thats days lab......

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Funny you mention the Copperhead, once while moving a pile of stacked fire wood with my neighbor and I had the Mrs. several feet off to the side as a protective over watch and not preoccupied with any other task other than watching she called out "snake at 3'clock". I froze, located him, pinned him down with a broom handle and safely removed him from the work area and went back to moving the wood. His big draw to the wood pile was for mice so I expected to find some form of rodent control that afternoon.

And on another note, we keep our garage doors closed at all times, they are on a 5 minute timer lest someone forget to close them for that very reason, no unauthorized visitors.
I doubt closing the garage door will suffice. Every summer I observe a black snake wind its way between the concrete and where the vinyl flashing and brick siding meet. There is no significant visible gap, but it manages to get in and out and sets up housekeeping inside the wall of my garage. I have thought to grab it and pull it out, but for worry of it getting injured in the process, so we "co-habitate". A closed garage door might deter such critters, but it won't bar a determined one. My resident snake does it every summer, same place and I have thought about sealing it up but for concern of maybe sealing it in there to its doom.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
thats correct......your response is exactly what I was referring to.....my chem teacher was laughing all the way to the bank......he said he wished he had a camera as the look on our faces was " priceless".....although we knew what would happen, I cut off too much Na.....I visited the high school on our 20 yr reunion and the hole in the ceiling was still there!.....good lesson though......BTW: I got an "A" in the class....but an "F" on thats days lab......
Yes. Some people don't read carefully, and others don't know what they are reading, but think they do. The more educated I became, the more ignorant I realized I was because there is SOOooo much out there in the universe that I can never learn. A "know-it-all" I will never ever be. I humbly confess, I am ignorant about much, but I do know much about some things. Your case in point. Thank you.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Maybe this is the way to keep the vermin from nibbling on the delicious soy-based cable harnesses on the vehicles. I'd call that a win-win situation if all involved respects their boundaries in the garage. That's cool!

There is no significant visible gap, but it manages to get in and out and sets up housekeeping inside the wall of my garage. I have thought to grab it and pull it out, but for worry of it getting injured in the process, so we "co-habitate".

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Maybe this is the way to keep the vermin from nibbling on the delicious soy-based cable harnesses on the vehicles. I'd call that a win-win situation if all involved respects their boundaries in the garage. That's cool!
This is the first summer I haven't seen it yet. May just have missed its ingress and egress. Hope so.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Different people growing up in different areas have different experiences. What Red61224 is saying is that their family is aware of and takes precautions as second nature and do not need to actively over concern themselves with the presence of such things. Just as a big city family may not be too concerned about driving on a 10 lane freeway as it would be second nature. What is easy and second nature to a farmer won’t necessarily compare to what is easy and second nature to a Wall Street investor. Trust me, southern folk know how to handle snakes and critters.
I am Southern folk. I am as Southern as they come, and a direct descendent of the Confederacy. I'm not "hair on fire". I'm saying not everyone visiting the Texas "biopreserve" will be as cognizant of the potential dangers lurking, that's all. Educating visitors a bit instead of letting them run willy nilly is simply responsible behavior. Some people swim with sharks and feed them. Some observe them from the safety of shark cages; some swim the shorelines 'protected' by shark netting, and some swim or surf and get eaten. Some stand in waist deep water or less and are attacked. Be aware of potential danger is all I am saying. If one wishes to take the risk, fine, but don't whine if you suffer the consequences. Don't assume that all Tesla "visitors" are as refined in the art of dangerous critter avoidance as the rest of us are. I'd hate to see one child hurt or worse because of some ignorant Yankee's inadvisable activities.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am Southern folk. I am as Southern as they come, and a direct descendent of the Confederacy. I'm not "hair on fire". I'm saying not everyone visiting the Texas "biopreserve" will be as cognizant of the potential dangers lurking, that's all. Educating visitors a bit instead of letting them run willy nilly is simply responsible behavior. Some people swim with sharks and feed them. Some observe them from the safety of shark cages; some swim the shorelines 'protected' by shark netting, and some swim or surf and get eaten. Some stand in waist deep water or less and are attacked. Be aware of potential danger is all I am saying. If one wishes to take the risk, fine, but don't whine if you suffer the consequences. Don't assume that all Tesla "visitors" are as refined in the art of dangerous critter avoidance as the rest of us are. I'd hate to see one child hurt or worse because of some ignorant Yankee's inadvisable activities.
born in Charlotte and raised in Atlanta.....in 5th grade I saw Gone with the Wind.....I will never forget it....and has, and always will be a great movie depicting the south at that time in our countries history.....good or bad depending on one's perspective.....but we are a United States of America....I took my son and grandson to Atlanta for my mothers funeral and we visited Stone Mountain.....what a magnificent monument....when I was young and in grade school, we used to take field trips there....hope it will stand the test of time......

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
born in Charlotte and raised in Atlanta.....in 5th grade I saw Gone with the Wind.....I will never forget it....and has, and always will be a great movie depicting the south at that time in our countries history.....good or bad depending on one's perspective.....but we are a United States of America....I took my son and grandson to Atlanta for my mothers funeral and we visited Stone Mountain.....what a magnificent monument....when I was young and in grade school, we used to take field trips there....hope it will stand the test of time......
We may have to stand guard. BTW, the watermill in the opening scene of Gone With the Wind is in North Little Rock, Arkansas.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We may have to stand guard. BTW, the watermill in the opening scene of Gone With the Wind is in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
I will do that......I know....my Father told me that......

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In my experience, people who talk like this and have such a great fear of the outdoors rarely experience it. Done a lot of trail riding in a lot of states and while I've had a lot of encounters with rattlers and other animals, they are almost always just trying to protect themselves. Respect their space and you won't get hurt.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
In my experience, people who talk like this and have such a great fear of the outdoors rarely experience it. Done a lot of trail riding in a lot of states and while I've had a lot of encounters with rattlers and other animals, they are almost always just trying to protect themselves. Respect their space and you won't get hurt.
I agree. Tell that to a mama bear protecting her cubs next time you stumble across them on a hike or a trail ride if you venture to Alaska. I carry both a .480 Alaskan and a .460 Rowland for just such occasions. You can "aw, shucks! She's just protecting her own in her neck of the woods" all you want. You miss my point completely. We will have brakes on our CTs (hopefully) for what purpose? To be prepared to stop. We never want to stop, but on occasion, we have to in order to use caution at an intersection or even at the end of our unnecessary garages. You drive with caution and alertness (or at least I hope you do). That is the point I was trying to make primarily for children in Rattlesnake country, that's all. If it is deemed to be overly cautious, so be it. It might be an unfortunate way to improve the gene pool. LOL
Sponsored