Is Tesla going to honor the pricing from the orders? I have 2 tri-motors on order and it appears that Tesla will not deliver any.

kfede1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvettes, F15...
Occupation
Assassin
Country flag
I got tired of trying to Follow Tesla on this, but I have 2 tri-motor self drivings on order. It looks like single and tri motors are a broken promise. Will Tesla ue the opportunity to change up pricing. Given inflation, Tesla may not be able to deliver these and make money. I predict that Tesla will not honor pricing,
Tesla Cybertruck Is Tesla going to honor the pricing from the orders?   I have 2 tri-motors on order and it appears that Tesla will not deliver any. 1649460609997
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

kfede1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvettes, F15...
Occupation
Assassin
Country flag
The above picture is from an event and shows significantly improved fit and finish on body gaps and alignment. I wonder also if the cybertruck will still be interesting in 2024 or 2025 when Tesla might... maybe start making them.

truckseeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Not much has been mentioned but just trying to read between the line. What do you guys think about Elonā€™s comment on CT being the most expensive truck in the world and how it relates to the final pricing?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I got tired of trying to Follow Tesla on this, but I have 2 tri-motor self drivings on order. It looks like single and tri motors are a broken promise. Will Tesla ue the opportunity to change up pricing. Given inflation, Tesla may not be able to deliver these and make money. I predict that Tesla will not honor pricing,
Tesla has always tried to either cancel or make things into options to fit the price they predicted.

Rivian was hurt badly by announcing a price hike on reservation holders.

And Tesla has the highest margin per car of any automaker of its size. Add to that a growing cash on hand amount from their profitable quarters, and... That gives them alot of room on pricing the Cybertruck.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
In my opinion I think we will see only two version of the Cybertruck initially. The Quad Motor and the Dual Motor. The Quad Motor Plaid will probably come in 2-3 years to help keep bring excitement back to the Cybertruck model.

As for pricing itā€˜s anybodyā€˜s guess. I always look at the ā€œcompetitionā€ to see what MSRPā€™s might be. This usually gives a ballpark as to what Tesla will charge when Cybertruck production begins. I truly think the 2019 reveal pricing is out the window at this point with inflation, cutting edge technology that will be installed, raw material price increases, etc.

For reference;

-The 2024 Rivian R1T Dual Motor Explore edition with the 261 mile battery pack starts at $67,500 before options.

-The 2022 Quad Motor R1T Explore edition with the 314 mile battery pack starts at $79,500 before options.

Tesla Cybertruck Is Tesla going to honor the pricing from the orders?   I have 2 tri-motors on order and it appears that Tesla will not deliver any. 38F37E8E-0322-4C61-9B38-52C013E50BE9

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
ā€¦ It looks like single and tri motors are a broken promise ā€¦

Nobody has any idea if prices have changed for existing buyers.

Nobody has any real confirmation that the single and tri motor trucks are cancelled. Nobody has a clue how Tesla will handle existing single or tri motor orders if they do indeed cancel those products.

If someone has some actual communications from Tesla or Elon that says prices will change or specific models eliminated please feel free to correct me. Not ā€œRead between the linesā€ nonsense. Actual clear communications.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not much has been mentioned but just trying to read between the line. What do you guys think about Elonā€™s comment on CT being the most expensive truck in the world and how it relates to the final pricing?
Does someone have a clip of this or is this just some urban legend floating around?

Iā€™m pretty sure this is just mis-heard but I know a fair number of people say they heard it.

EDIT: Here is a transcript of what Musk said at Cyber Rodeo.

The only time he says ā€œExpensiveā€œ is in this paragraph:

Tesla Cybertruck Is Tesla going to honor the pricing from the orders?   I have 2 tri-motors on order and it appears that Tesla will not deliver any. 1649551113550

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
As I read it that means the cost of FSD is the current price. The change to a dual or quad still means an increase from a single or Tri. The big question is what is the cost of a quad?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As I read it that means the cost of FSD is the current price. The change to a dual or quad still means an increase from a single or Tri. The big question is what is the cost of a quad?
There has been no confirmation any models have been eliminated. The whole line-up is a bit of a mystery at this point. Are there 2 trims(dual/ quad)? 4 trims? Does the lineup look anything like the original at all?

Itā€™s possible the quad motor is the plaid variant and maybe dual or tri motor has longer range?

With this many orders, maybe Tesla fires up a few more variants.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
The 2022 RAM 3500 (diesel pig) cost me 73K. It's the last ICE vehicle I'll every buy.
Depending on what my Tesla stock is worth I'll go to 90k for a CT because it will the the last vehicle I ever buy.
If you price full sized pickup trucks you will find some that sell for over 100K depending on options.
With a million and a half (or more) pre-orders Tesla could cut their margin to 25 percent (still more than most legacy automakers) and still print money.
My guess is they will price them to get as many on the road as soon as possible.

loukingle

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The "most expensive joke" seems to be the S, 3, X, Y naming series rather than the Cybertruck. Making the truck affordable actually seems to be a priority for Tesla as Elon has been quoted as saying "Our primary challenge is affordability. Creating an expensive truck is relatively easy."
Sponsored