Is there value in your early reservation

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
With already reaching a half a million pre-orders is there monetary value in your early reservation?
By the time we get to 2021/2022 and start a production there could be 750, 000 to a million plus orders.
Has it been done or is it even possible to sell your reservation or have someone pay you a premium and purchase your vehicle at pickup? Just seems like such a revolutionary vehicle was such a huge demand already before the real specs and performance gets out that there will be some creative purchases made out there by people who can't wait.
Sponsored

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
Selling your low reservation number? Interesting idea. How much would that be worth and at what point?
I've ordered two and intend to purchase both. A tri-motor and a dual. I'll keep the one I prefer and sell the other. Not speculatively to make a profit as I've no idea if it'll fetch a premium but I expect it will at least retain full value albeit with minimal miles.
Once it's on the road and people see the Cybertruck there will always be someone who doesn't want to wait. And very likely more than one person, so probably willing to pay a premium. Remains to be seen.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Oh dang, That means you Yahoo's with several reservations are speculators and anybody with multiple reservations is still going to get the trucks and resell them. Darn I was hoping for cancellations in front of me.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Enter agreement for them to provide funds. Buy truck and resale after receipt. However, better to have bought stock instead.

Michael87585

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Country flag
The second truck is a revenue producing money machine, a robotaxi that everyone will want to drive/rent/ride in? I plan to dispatch my second truck to a nearby city.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
With already reaching a half a million pre-orders is there monetary value in your early reservation?
By the time we get to 2021/2022 and start a production there could be 750, 000 to a million plus orders.
Has it been done or is it even possible to sell your reservation or have someone pay you a premium and purchase your vehicle at pickup? Just seems like such a revolutionary vehicle was such a huge demand already before the real specs and performance gets out that there will be some creative purchases made out there by people who can't wait.
All questions asked can be answered: No.

MonsterCyber

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Talked to sales they will not honor it. A guy bought one to sell and it wouldn't be honored if i purchased it. Do not buy one.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Talked to sales they will not honor it. A guy bought one to sell and it wouldn't be honored if i purchased it. Do not buy one.
What wouldn't be honored? Once you buy a vehicle, you're free to do with it as you see fit. Unless I just woke up in Russia.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
What wouldn't be honored? Once you buy a vehicle, you're free to do with it as you see fit. Unless I just woke up in Russia.
Some people were at one point trying to sell reservations which aren't transferable. Selling the truck after purchase is just a resale, but you'll still have to pay taxes and fees on the vehicle, so the resale amount for a profit would have to be for the total cost of the Cybertruck, taxes, fees, and then the amount you want to profit from it. Then that person is still going to have to pay taxes on it again.

someone rich might buy it, but it would have to be early on or someone might sell for slightly less profit.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also, if they find out you intend to resell it, they can refuse to sell it to you.

The reservation contract binds you into those terms. If you violate them, they do not have to sell you trucks.

It would be fraud to buy a reservation for resale.

-Crissa

TVBtesla

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 2 CYBRTRK’s
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Also, if they find out you intend to resell it, they can refuse to sell it to you.

The reservation contract binds you into those terms. If you violate them, they do not have to sell you trucks.

It would be fraud to buy a reservation for resale.

-Crissa
I haven’t read anything about leasing my cybrtrk on a contract, is that correct?
Sponsored