Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No doubt. BUT, supply chain issues are still a problem and will be for months to come.
The whole market… not just the auto market. Is struggling at the moment. The NASDAQ isn’t struggling due to supply chain issues. It’s beat to crap because of inflationary concerns and the actions of the Fed.

Google isn’t down due to supply chain issues.
Microsoft isn’t down due to supply chain issues.
Facebook isn’t beat up due to supply chain issues.
etc etc etc.

This is market-wide. The whole damned market is in a massive trough, including lots of companies which have zero supply chain issues.

When the market recovers, Tesla will do just fine in spite of those lingering supply chain issues. It’s a known problem which Tesla has been effectively dealing with for 18+ months.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The whole market… not just the auto market. Is struggling at the moment.
Brillant observation, Sherlock.
The NASDAQ isn’t struggling due to supply chain issues
Correct. So?

It’s beat to crap because of inflationary concerns and the actions of the Fed.
Mainly, yes. Don't forget THE ECONOMY!

Google isn’t down due to supply chain issues.
Microsoft isn’t down due to supply chain issues.
Facebook isn’t beat up due to supply chain issues.
etc etc etc.
??????

This is market-wide. The whole damned market is in a massive trough, including lots of companies which have zero supply chain issues.
TSLA definitely got caught up in the market crash. It's not IMMUNE!

When the market recovers, Tesla will do just fine in spite of those lingering supply chain issues.
Only time will tell how Tesla will be able to deal with new supply chain issues it has not dealt with yet.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A suggestion to OGRE and other TSLA investors:

Don't FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR INVESTMENT! It's EASY TO DO! It will cloud your ability to think RATIONALLY!

So many have fell into this trap, why? Well because of human emotion which is inescapable. We are not robots.

I have done it and anybody who has invested in stocks has as well.

Try to detach yourself EMOTIONALLY as much as possible from your investments!

And good luck!

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let me guess......you are one of them.

Large? What makes you assume large?

And what were those wrong reasons?

What were the right reasons?

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
1.) I really hope the ratio is more like 70/30. Virtual grid, robotaxi will both happen, Tesla lead in machine learning is huge and these need to be priced on top of anything having to do with Tesla vehicles.
2.) I hope Tesla has a built in contingency plan if something were to happen with Elon. Frans shared the stage???
3.) I don't think you necessarily need to like Elon's antics to realize that he has great technical vision and instincts to run Tesla.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually that thought had crossed my mind about upsetting some of his "former" fans and them selling their TSLA stock. I'm fairly sure it has happened/happening.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
My uneducated and uninformed opinion is that this is a long overdue snap to reality for the market. Trendline over the last few years has been idiotic and unsustainable for a number of reasons, including Tesla valuation.

People with money will buy the correction and ride it up next time. People without will get crunched from both sides and become economic victim to inflation. The gap widens, as it has literally every time we've experienced this boom/bust cycle.

I personally feel Tesla is still overvalued and the price is detached from fundamentals. I also recognize that I shouldn't value it like a manufacturer, but I think that during this correction the stock will act more like that of a manufacturer than a tech company. I think we'll get to ~$700 and then tack to market more generally, and it'll be a good time to buy and wait.