Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I pulled the trigger at $740.
Not a bad price. Someone else posted a few days ago they bought some at around $900.00

Somehow though I don't think this market crash is over just yet.......
Sponsored

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
600 is cheap, I'd buy as much as I can at that price (Bought some at 790 or so and I don't feel bad about that at all)

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2.5 million Tesla EVs next year if LFP and Li Cd Ni can be had.
All based on
Panasonic Holdings plans on building a new plant in the U.S. and on the profitability of new lithium-ion batteries to be made at its plant in Japan's Wakayama.

Tesla Analyst Contradicts Elon Musk On China Lockdown Impact: 'Giga Shanghai Ramp-Up Unlikely Until June'
Shanthi Rexaline - 14h ago

The key to Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) hitting its sales target for the year is the speedy ramp of Giga Shanghai, which faced disruptions from COVID-19 lockdowns in China. It now appears the company may take longer than previously expected to return to business as usual.

What Happened: Significant improvement in production activity at Giga Shanghai is unlikely until June, prominent analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of TFI Securities said in a series of tweets. This could mean a slower ramp than the mid-May timeline, as reported by several media outlets.

The view is based on consensus opinions from different industries, the analyst said.

He noted that after reopening on April 18, Giga Shanghai has been grappling with unstable production, pointing to challenges in the supply chain and logistics.

Tesla has reportedly halted production at Giga Shanghai due to supply issues. Kuo said this would be temporary and the company hasn't yet moved orders from its Shanghai plant to other factories since the lockdown began.

Why It's Important: Production disruptions are taking a toll on Tesla's China performance, as was evident from April's anemic sales. The company on April 18 emerged from a three-week shutdown and began operating under a "closed-loop system."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, however, has downplayed these concerns and said China would account for roughly 25%-30% of Tesla's overall market. He said that there would be no new factory coming up near the existing one in Shanghai, but instead, there would be a capacity boost.

Price Action: Tesla shares closed Tuesday's session up 1.64% at $800.04, according to BenzingaPro data.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/new...pc=U531&cvid=de19a383a03f4af8aec82f227b437679

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Since when is $750 the same, or close to, $600? I have heard of people grossly rounding up or down but come on...

Personally I would like it to stop and go back up. All of this Twitter, and Russia, and talk of moving Twitter elsewhere because San Francisco is so progressive (as though moving to Austin wouldn't just go the other way, or that the location determines the mindset of the company's algorithms) adversely affecting the stock price is kind of scary. Nothing about their production figures, diversity, etc. Just FUD.
I will round down to buy at 600 and round up to sell at 900. đź‘Ť Any takers?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Buy and hold. Weather the storm. Support what you believe in and die like men.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe hold off buying on margin tomorrow. Just a suggestion
Little edit…

I’m not a big fan of margin. I use other types of leverage, but if the stock price drops to $400/ share in a market panic, I won’t be forced to sell.

Don’t invest money you don’t have.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I seriously doubt that. Why? Supply chain issues will linger for the rest of this year.
those haven't hit Tesla like they've hit everyone else. no... this drop is FUD, Ukraine and covid... and for the dumbest 'reason'- Twitter.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
those haven't hit Tesla like they've hit everyone else. no... this drop is FUD, Ukraine and covid... and for the dumbest 'reason'- Twitter.
I think the bigger concerns are around inflation.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...tion-data-may-weigh-on-wall-street-1031448144

In particular, Toyota said they were struggling with “Unprecedented” Inflation from suppliers.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/11/toyota-profits-warn-decline-raw-materials/

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If I had anything to liquidate I would do it and buy in the dip.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the bigger concerns are around inflation.
No doubt. BUT, supply chain issues are still a problem and will be for months to come.
Sponsored