Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
“Hemorrhaging” usually means something other than “30% higher than it was 2 months ago”.
I don't care much about the semantics of what hemorrhaging really means when that single stock is causing my entire portfolio to be double-digits in the red, lol.

But yeah, I agree with you. I don't have reasons to complain when I already earned from previous profits the money I would need to buy and pay for my Cybertruck in cash.

Maybe i'm just frustrated by the long delay and the wait while the loud-mouth is yapping all over the place more than ever.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Double digits? SARCASM ALERT! :p

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't care much about the semantics of what hemorrhaging really means when that single stock is causing my entire portfolio to be double-digits in the red, lol.
My point is you are measuring against a brief All Time High which … unless you were unfortunately enough to have bought is meaningless.

The only way you can avoid that is by selling next time it hits the ATH. Then you can be assured you will never suffer double digit losses again.

This isn’t the first time Musk has gone off the rails on Twitter and it won’t be the last. If that bugs you… VW is likely the best “EV” stock right now and their CEO is very quiet on Twitter.

Also, there are spy photos… of the truck Elon designed. Much better to go over and talk about those.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Can you make #LoudMouthElon shut his trap? Tesla is my biggest holding and it's hemorrhaging. i wish Musk will just focus on producing the much delayed Semis and Cybertruck which would arrest the slide.
Think of it as a nice buying op Elon is giving us while he dumps his shares......

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Think of it as a nice buying op Elon is giving us while he dumps his shares......
Fear is the enemy!

Never buy out of fear (oh my god it's been going up I need to jump on).
Never sell out of fear (oh my god it's been going down I need to jump off).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Fear is the enemy!

Never buy out of fear (oh my god it's been going up I need to jump on).
Never sell out of fear (oh my god it's been going down I need to jump off).
FOMO is KIIIINGG!!!

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
You only lose if you sell.
Biggest misconception around. You actually suffer opportunity loss if your money is asleep. There is such thing as time-value. And I'm not even talking yet of the 6.8% inflation as I'm locked-in into the price of my Cybertruck reservation, lol.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Biggest misconception around. You actually suffer opportunity loss if your money is asleep. There is such thing as time-value. And I'm not even talking yet of the 6.8% inflation as I'm locked-in into the price of my Cybertruck reservation, lol.
My argument would be that opportunity costs are something that you "lose" at the time of purchase. By buying into one investment over another, you have committed your funds to a higher or lower opportunity. The time of sale is when you solidify the gains or losses that the current opportunity provided.

In the bigger picture though, keeping one's funds in an investment is yet another positive affirmation to continue on in the current opportunity so in a sense, the opportunity is being positively affirmed again each day that you keep your funds there.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No.

Biggest misconception is that the number you see on Yahoo finance means anything more than what the stock is selling for from one moment to the rest.

In 2 years nobody is going to care that the stock price dipped for 2-3 weeks in November/ December 2021.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
No serious investor believed that 12/9 numerology stuff. If you did believe, I have land to sell you in the Bearing sea and you can use your amphibious cybertruck to get there… lol.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No serious investor believed that 12/9 numerology stuff. If you did believe, I have land to sell you in the Bearing sea and you can use your amphibious cybertruck to get there… lol.
I placed a small side bet on it. Enough where I feel like an idiot, but not enough to really worry too much about. Also. Small chance it’ll turn by the 17th.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You know what I realized, 12/9 came and suddenly the ECAT stuff came back to life. Perhaps the numerology stuff is just pointing to the release of a perpetual motion machine.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You know what I realized, 12/9 came and suddenly the ECAT stuff came back to life. Perhaps the numerology stuff is just pointing to the release of a perpetual motion machine.
Posted photo in another thread but worth reposting…

Discovered what powers those things.

Tesla Cybertruck It's 12/9 now what? 1639275384652

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
So you have a few acres in the Pribilof Islands too? And that's "Bering Sea". A great birding site.
Sponsored