Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And yes, that also helps to make them a common enemy for all of us, as that article was pointing out.
The portmanteau "Stealership" predates Tesla by decades. Dealerships providing a shitty experience is what made then a common enemy to most of us way before Tesla was around.

Much of what she talks about here is just... as you say marketing and brand perception. This isn't a Tesla thing, it's a every auto company on the planet thing. I love Subaru because they do a fantastic job making a practical 4WD car (sadly this does not extend to EVs). That doesn't mean I see the non Subaru brands as the enemy, it means I value the engineering and features they put into a car.

I like Tesla because they build the most efficient electric vehicles around. This doesn't mean I hate Subaru now, if Subaru made something like the Outback as an EV, I'd buy that. Unfortunately, most cars fall short of the bar Tesla has set. Most car makers have chosen to not even play this game yet.

None of this is part of the "Tesla Experience", it is part of the fact that I want an EV and Tesla is the only one doing a smash up job at it.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
None of this is part of the "Tesla Experience", it is part of the fact that I want an EV and Tesla is the only one doing a smash up job at it.
This is the only point I think you're wrong. That's exactly the Tesla Experience. They make good things, and they cut out the cruft to get to it. That's the Experience. They make it easy to charge, easy to drive. That's the Experience.

That stuff about making enemies? Seems really backwards. Tesla didn't do that. That stuff about marketing? Tesla didn't do that, either. You're totally right and she seems off-base.

She came to the right conclusion but all her points are wrong.

-Crissa