January Orders

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I considered that as well and even verified by Tesla that my $1,350 could be credited to another vehicle if I wanted to buy another model.
I still want the truck though, just wish it was here by now.
Hmm I may ask about that option. If the credit to another vehicle thing is possible, I think I'll give Tesla until April 8th, and if no VIN by that date, I may buy a Model 3 instead.

Last edited:

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
Hmm I may ask about that option. If the credit to another vehicle thing is possible, I think I'll give Tesla until April 8th, and If no VIN by that date, I may buy a Model 3 instead.
I drove the new Highland and it was much nicer than my 2021 Model 3 that I just sold.
My thought kinda was for the same price of the truck, I can get a new Model Y pretty inexpensive and a brand new F-150 Lightning Lariat OTD for about 55k with their crazy discounts.
I want the Cybertruck and have been wait for it for soooo long, but as time passes, the other scenario has crossed my mind several times.
I know the Ford is nothing like the Cybertruck, and I used to have a F-150 Supercrew and loved it, but to get two nice vehicles for the same as the Cybertruck, who knows.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I drove the new Highland and it was much nicer than my 2021 Model 3 that I just sold.
My thought kinda was for the same price of the truck, I can get a new Model Y pretty inexpensive and a brand new F-150 Lightning Lariat OTD for about 55k with their crazy discounts.
I want the Cybertruck and have been wait for it for soooo long, but as time passes, the other scenario has crossed my mind several times.
I know the Ford is nothing like the Cybertruck, and I used to have a F-150 Supercrew and loved it, but to get two nice vehicles for the same as the Cybertruck, who knows.
hmmm interesting. Personally, I'm definitely going to buy some Tesla vehicle regardless. In my case it doesn't need to be a truck. We shall see how my extremely arbitrary do or die date of 4/8 works out... then maybe i'll go from there.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
hmmm interesting. Personally, I'm definitely going to buy some Tesla vehicle regardless. In my case it doesn't need to be a truck. We shall see how my extremely arbitrary do or die date of 4/8 works out... then maybe i'll go from there.
Tesla says their raising the prices 1k on 4/1, plus I have some emails from them with 1k off each so I can get a new Y long range dual motor with white interior OTD for 41k if I buy by this weekend.
It’s tempting, I absolutely love Tesla’s and the gas savings and how they drive. I’ve had them for several years since my old P85+.
I’ll always have some kind of Tesla as a daily driver.

starcyber

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Picked up my CT!

CT AWD
RN: 11284XXX
Ordered on 1/23
VIN 0033XX on 3/8 (45 days after ordering)
Picked up on 3/25 (17 days after VIN)

So far I'm super impressed - this thing is AWESSOME! Delivered in perfect condition, no issues what so ever.

Couple (minor) annoyances:
  1. Lack of Homelink (huge miss)
  2. No birds-eye view when reversing the car
  3. Lack of native support for Amazon music
  4. Reverse camera quality is not very good at night
  5. I seem to accidentally press the turn signal buttons once in a while
Overall I'm a very happy CT owner!!

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I long passed my window as well and had to extended my loan once already as well. the SC is a waste but I was able to get emails addresses for the CTO CFO And several other senior Tesla employees that I emailed my frustrations. They assigned someone to help but if no VIN by Friday I am going scorted earth in the press, twitter and anywhere else I can to tell how poorly tesla has done the CT Rollout. I have a 1/9 order in North Texas
Care to share the email addresses? 🤓

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
I am right there with you! In this very stream I see CA guys that reserved AFTER me, ordered AFTER me and they have a VIN AND a truck.

No communication sucks!
Line jumping sucks.

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I am right there with you! In this very stream I see CA guys that reserved AFTER me, ordered AFTER me and they have a VIN AND a truck.

No communication sucks!
Line jumping sucks.
Preach! Let’s start the rebellion.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I configured 1/17 and it said Jan to March but some people that day and 1/18 got Feb to April timeline. I'm day 71 but willing to wear a smile until mid April. I am expecting vin next week or tomorrow tbh.

Ct4meplz

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model y, cybertruck, porsche. Check c10
Occupation
It
Country flag
I just got a call from the SC general manager north texas for my delivery location. He told me that the soft date for my match will be this saturday. I guess that means I may get a VIN then.

He also stated that no one at his delivery center has ordered after me and received their vehicle yet.
Sponsored