Just my opinion on what prices will do....

KrennPowerSports

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none yet.
Country flag
I see this often in various products.... Could I be wrong? absolutely, but I've based my living on what i've learned over the last 35 years in the buying/selling business. So take this with a grain of salt.
First editions of something like this always spike (especially if they are a great new innovation, ie C8). As this happens, the early orders get re-sold because of the temptation of profit. If you have an awesome product, you don't sell it because you don't like it, you sell it because you see, $5k-100k in your bank account and you determine that its worth waiting for prices to come down to buy another and pocket the cash....
This also happens in the stock market during runs.... and this will play into my prediction shortly.

So my prediction is prices will stabilize well over MSRP for the next 2 years. You ALWAYS get a HUGE spike on price then an even bigger drop right after then another jump back up but to a much smaller amount than original jump in pricing. This is on anything like it. Profit, is the ONLY thing motivating re-sales. As the profit margins come down with all the people selling, that will drop off and prices will tick upward again. I'd guess the 120k mark is where they will stay for a while. No supply, huge demand and the more out there, the demand will become even greater (not less like some people think).
SO the people saying the prices are "tanking" are correct, but it will only be for a short span. This is just how supply vs demand works..
Sponsored

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
Iā€™d agree. The one interesting concept I also agree with, but itā€™s backwards, is ā€˜the more of them out there, the more demand will increaseā€™. Iā€™m witnessing this first hand. The people that see it, absolutely love it. Tesla has brought an incredible product to the market, and the demand will exceed supply for at least a couple of years (in my opinion).

OP
OP

KrennPowerSports

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none yet.
Country flag
Iā€™d agree. The one interesting concept I also agree with, but itā€™s backwards, is ā€˜the more of them out there, the more demand will increaseā€™. Iā€™m witnessing this first hand. The people that see it, absolutely love it. Tesla has brought an incredible product to the market, and the demand will exceed supply for at least a couple of years (in my opinion).
haters will soon be changed to fans. Im not some EV fan, I just like good stuff and this truck literally can replace any 1/2 ton truck, SUV, or car... it does all the above better. And the ride and drive are amazing, it's a ground up build, not an electric motor thrown into something already existing

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
haters will soon be changed to fans. Im not some EV fan, I just like good stuff and this truck literally can replace any 1/2 ton truck, SUV, or car... it does all the above better. And the ride and drive are amazing, it's a ground up build, not an electric motor thrown into something already existing
Well said, i am not a Tesla fan, not even a EV fan, i am just like you, like good innovated thing. I am picking it up today. It was postponed from yesterday due to a small crack on the headlight by SC during the inspection and parts arrives this morning to replace it. For the location and size of the headlight, I would have totally missed it for sure.

OP
OP

KrennPowerSports

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none yet.
Country flag
Well said, i am not a Tesla fan, not even a EV fan, i am just like you, like good innovated thing. I am picking it up today. It was postponed from yesterday due to a small crack on the headlight by SC during the inspection and parts arrives this morning to replace it. For the location and size of the headlight, I would have totally missed it for sure.
just wait till you've driven it for a week and you get your sea legs. the drive by wire and 1 petal driving are a bit to get use to, but once you do, drive something else and it will feel old and outdated... every car should have the steer by wire

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
just wait till you've driven it for a week and you get your sea legs. the drive by wire and 1 petal driving are a bit to get use to, but once you do, drive something else and it will feel old and outdated... every car should have the steer by wire
Funny you say that. I just took my Subaru for a 6K mile service this morning. Havenā€™t driven it in a week. My first steering maneuver I thought I was gonna hit something, lol. SO ARCHAIC. I had to turn the steering wheel so much. Hand over hand over hand. The Cybertruck is generations ahead.

Tesla Cybertruck Just my opinion on what prices will do.... IMG_1250

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
I'm still salty about the major issues I've had (and Tesla's MAJOR lack in getting them fixed in a timely manner. I shouldn't have to wait a month to fix faulty suspension/tonneau cover/cameras/basic truck functionalities). But I've had the option to trade it off for a 570s, Cali T, and a few other exotics....and I still keep the damn thing for some reason. It's hard to explain to non Tesla owners, or even EV owners, but the acceleration and drive is just better than other vehicles. I tried doing a UTurn in my Chevy 1500 yesterday and completely forgot I wasn't in the cybertruck and only made it half way lol

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No issues here, just busy enjoying perfection on (big) wheels.

If I knew the truck was going to be this good, I never would have previously argued that Tesla would keep the price within spitting distance of the originally announced prices. It really is good enough to justify a big price jump from anticipated pricing.

As just one example (or many) of how it's better than anything else out there, go to any place where Rivian owners gather, and look how many of them are dealing with dents and body dings. These are not even from actual accidents, just impacts with things like branches, cargo, sports balls, belt buckles, shopping carts, door dings, etc. It's a very nice sports ute, but it doesn't have a tough exterior, it's actually very fragile, most owners are afraid to take them off-road. Another way the Cybertruck seems better is that mechanical noises and issues with the mechanical parts of the drivetrain seem pretty common on R1T's.

I'm not trying to say the R1T is a bad product, it's actually very good, just trying to put the pricing into proper perspective. And Rivian loses a huge amount on each one sold, even when speaking of gross profit, not net profit. Tesla has brought real value to the market here and I think that will become even more clear as the ramp continues, and we get better visibility on the cost of production.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck 2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
I also have a new Ford Lightning, and going from the Cybertruck to the Lightning is like driving a school bus. The wheel is huge and backing into the garage is so much easier in the Cybertruck.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I also have a new Ford Lightning, and going from the Cybertruck to the Lightning is like driving a school bus. The wheel is huge and backing into the garage is so much easier in the Cybertruck.
I assume you are comparing the two on normal public roads. Try taking them on dirt trails! I can compare to my 2010 F-150 4x4 of the same overall length (actually 6" longer"). My entire life driving various trucks and shorter wheel base 4x4s, has informed me that 4x4 pickups are not that great off-road, they are too unwieldy in tight spaces, turnarounds, etc. and they come with inferior and outdated suspensions, making the ride and traction suffer. It's a lot of work, when it should be fun. They just feel out of place in so many situations off-road and even the Ford Raptor R, Ford's $110K (and up) top-of-the-line off-road pickup can't change that with its 48-foot minimum turning circle that grows to 50 feet if you opt for the 37" tires.

The Cybertruck is a ground-breaking pickup off-road! It's ride and traction is far better, and the maneuverability is simply in a different realm. The Cybertruck feels far more at home on torn-up, neglected roads and trails that can require turning around in narrow, unexpected places than I imagined a pickup could ever be. The rear-wheel steering, steer-by-wire, effortless Drive to Reverse "gear changes" and a super short nose supercharges the 3-point turn, it can turn around effortlessly in places the F-150 would be facing either a laborious process while risking getting stuck in an awkward position perpendicular to the trail or a long, technical back-down. Let's hope it's not slippery enough that a mistake while backing down results in sliding off the trail. The steering ratio enabled via steer-by-wire turns what was once a laborious process of a multi-point turn on rugged terrain into something more like a video game. You still need to know what you're doing, but it makes it quick and delightful, instead of a lengthy chore.

This same maneuverability comes in super handy when negotiating wider dirt roads pockmarked with giant potholes and other hazards. The standard procedure in an an F-150 is to slow down and just roll through them at a crawl. You can try to dodge them at 10-15 mph, but that requires a ton of fast hand-over-hand steering inputs and even when you miss the worst of them with your front wheels, the rear wheels tend to drag to the inside and hit the hazards anyway. Hence the typical strategy of just rolling slowly straight through them. In contrast, the Cybertuck just snakes through and around the biggest ones at 10-20 mph, the rear wheels nearly following the front, with minimal steering wheel inputs, almost like a video game. Even if you hit one, the Cybertruck just has a reassuringly solid thud, so unlike the disconcerting shudder as the rear axle of my F-150 bounces off the ground and the hood bobs up and down, with the heavy engine so far forward.

Something I haven't mentioned yet relative to turning around in narrow spaces, is the higher available ground clearance of the Cybertruck vs. the F-150 allows pulling further forward into the uphill side, particularly if there is a drainage cut, without worrying about getting hung up on a differential or getting a bumper caught behind a rock on the upslope. That's in addition to the other maneuverability advantages.

It's the best truck I've ever owned or driven for getting around on rugged, seldom maintained roads. And it's bone stock! No need for lift kits, bigger tires, upgraded shocks, etc. and no temptation to increase power and torque with other mods. This kind of truck use often involves a lot of stopping/starting to clear windfall or check conditions, gas-wasting idling or starting/stopping of the engine, which is completely avoided with the electric powertrain. I've noticed the efficiency of the Cybertruck relative to a gas F-150, increases dramatically in this kind of off-road use in steep rugged terrain vs. comparing efficiencies in standard highway use or even in urban use.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see this often in various products.... Could I be wrong? absolutely, but I've based my living on what i've learned over the last 35 years in the buying/selling business. So take this with a grain of salt.
First editions of something like this always spike (especially if they are a great new innovation, ie C8). As this happens, the early orders get re-sold because of the temptation of profit. If you have an awesome product, you don't sell it because you don't like it, you sell it because you see, $5k-100k in your bank account and you determine that its worth waiting for prices to come down to buy another and pocket the cash....
This also happens in the stock market during runs.... and this will play into my prediction shortly.

So my prediction is prices will stabilize well over MSRP for the next 2 years. You ALWAYS get a HUGE spike on price then an even bigger drop right after then another jump back up but to a much smaller amount than original jump in pricing. This is on anything like it. Profit, is the ONLY thing motivating re-sales. As the profit margins come down with all the people selling, that will drop off and prices will tick upward again. I'd guess the 120k mark is where they will stay for a while. No supply, huge demand and the more out there, the demand will become even greater (not less like some people think).
SO the people saying the prices are "tanking" are correct, but it will only be for a short span. This is just how supply vs demand works..
Sounds like you're applying technical analysis. Totally disagree.

1. There is no MSRP
2. No resale 12mon
3. 100k+ buyers pool is limited
4. Tesla designed CT for mass production and will continue ramping to utilize their capacity.
5. FS series pricing is according to Musk on the wrong side of the price cliff. The line for Foundation is there til it's suddenly not.
6. Mass adoption can't happen at 80k+ and very likely FS buyers are served by end of '24 paving way for high ramp regular deliveries for entire 2025.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model Y
Country flag
I'm still salty about the major issues I've had (and Tesla's MAJOR lack in getting them fixed in a timely manner. I shouldn't have to wait a month to fix faulty suspension/tonneau cover/cameras/basic truck functionalities)
Hey so did you get these issues fixed? Curious how long it took, what was wrong, etc. I have the exact same issues minus the suspension.

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
Hey so did you get these issues fixed? Curious how long it took, what was wrong, etc. I have the exact same issues minus the suspension.
Yeah I took it in a few days ago.
1) tonneau cover seems to be fixed (the sensors were off)
2) suspension issue was related to paint on a wire causing fault connection (fixed)
3) had rattling on the driver side, was some issue with the window or something (fixed)
4) had trim pieces that were way out of wack (fixed)
5) my driver side mirror shakes pretty hard at highway speeds making it difficult to see at night. They "fixed" it but it's still an issue.

Overall they got most of my issues resolved in about 24 hours. They were expecting 4-5 days, but called me the next afternoon saying it was good to go.
Besides have to have a broken brand new truck for a month, they did me well to resolve the issues at least. I'll have to go back in for the mirror but atm I can live with it and made note of it.

Also got confirmation about the $2500 credit if you don't get the power wall installed (roughly quoted $3500 atm)
Sponsored