First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How does this sound.

It's pretty simple. If you're an average homeowner using a tool for 20 minutes or so, the Li battery powered garden tool will work - IF YOU GET the high end tool. If you get the low priced battery powered garden tool, you will be throwing it away.

I'm kind of in between, I have some of the battery stuff at home but on jobs its the best gas powered. Has to be.
I don’t have gas powered anything save my chainsaw. Even my mower is electric battery powered. I think most people are going this way.

Chainsaws are just absolutely massive energy hogs or they’d all be electric too.
Sponsored

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
I don’t have gas powered anything save my chainsaw. Even my mower is electric battery powered. I think most people are going this way.

Chainsaws are just absolutely massive energy hogs or they’d all be electric too.
Between the blower and chainsaw, the blower is for me the energy hog - because it runs continuously. For the chainsaw, for me it is start and stop over and over. But if the job was cutting 20" D oak trunks repeatedly mine might only do five or six.

And a lot of newer yards are small enough for the battery powered mowers. By the way, I've always thought of $39 electric (line operated) chainsaws as very useful and literally disposable. Buy, cut apart big tree that fell down, toss in trash.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Between the blower and chainsaw, the blower is for me the energy hog - because it runs continuously. For the chainsaw, for me it is start and stop over and over. But if the job was cutting 20" D oak trunks repeatedly mine might only do five or six.

And a lot of newer yards are small enough for the battery powered mowers. By the way, I've always thought of $39 electric (line operated) chainsaws as very useful and literally disposable. Buy, cut apart big tree that fell down, toss in trash.
Hate gas blowers. Bane of civilization.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
We used the 60v Dewalt blower to clean dust out of a warehouse. I never could do that with a gas blower because of the stink.

But if you need to put a guy on a job with a blower for 2 hours+, it's gonna be gas. Or maybe that $1399 unit someone mentioned.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
465958C2-B6FE-4D61-B23D-DFF2B79A1A2C.jpeg

The next Tesla has been spied several times in the last few days... or has it? it's either a Tesla made to look like Mazda CX30, or a CX30 made to look like a Tesla.
Most likely a 'mule' where the Tesla bits are carried inside, especially chassis and running gear. Drawings have been shown by Tesla hinting at what the Baby 'R' will look like. One of the 'sketches' in Blue show a refined hatchback. I'm using the 'R' to symbolise ROBOTAXI and to sort of complete the S3XY line-up!
Sponsored