Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Some representation is better then none. Even if I do not get to go in the end.
CTOC has no way to verify you are an investor in Tesla. They’d have to implement that, plus voting on the forums, then get Tesla to agree to all of it. This site is not remotely affiliated with Tesla.
Sponsored

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
CTOC has no way to verify you are an investor in Tesla. They’d have to implement that, plus voting on the forums, then get Tesla to agree to all of it. This site is not remotely affiliated with Tesla.
Interesting points. You indicated that "This site is not remotely affiliated with Tesla.". What would it take to make it so? Perhaps the CTOC is called to evolved in light of these issues and developments. Nothing should be set in stone. I think a fair proposal would be received and evaluated fairly for its merits. If Elon is thinking of building a colony on Mars, that would be a baby step towards working as a team. @RV2Mars
Lastly, how many Tesla stocks do you think the CTOC community holds as retail investors?

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Lastly, how many Tesla stocks do you think the CTOC community holds as retail investors?
I wouldn’t even want to guess. I have more than a couple shares and I know one other here who owns a bit more than a handful. Personally I don’t like to get into too much about finances on forums.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn’t even want to guess. I have more than a couple shares and I know one other here who owns a bit more than a handful. Personally I don’t like to get into too much about finances on forums.
I agree that personal finances should remain personal. However, perhaps there could be a trusted third legal party that could count anonymously the numbers for the purpose of the CTOC.

Do protect your finances and extermination gas tanks from prying eyes. Cybertruck to the rescue from the Alien covenant.
Tesla Cybertruck Getting an Invite to Tesla Investor Day Cybertruck vs Aliens

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Some representation is better then none. Even if I do not get to go in the end.
But you would still have to have a way to aggregate shares of members and Tesla would still want proof of those shares. And even if you could get this information, look at how often we agree on anything here; getting consensus would be like herding cats, and without consensus what is the point of having a representative? Nice idea but I don't think it would work.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But you would still have to have a way to aggregate shares of members and Tesla would still want proof of those shares. And even if you could get this information, look at how often we agree on anything here; getting consensus would be like herding cats, and without consensus what is the point of having a representative? Nice idea but I don't think it would work.
Thanks for your feedback. I am thinking about it. I think volunteering to organize and to delegate are key positive operating words. This is TBD for say the CTOC to evolve. However, it would not be mandatory. If enough people like an idea they can voluntary agree to participate and make it viable/useful. Reaching "critical mass" would need to be defined as a group.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So a couple things.

#1 This event is a show and tell sort of event. There is no voting or anything like that to represent us with. There is no real interaction or suggestions passed on to the Tesla team.

#2 I’d rather have my shares in a lottery so I can personally attend if I ”win” the lottery than have someone else here go. So I wouldn’t put my shares into some kind of CTOC pool. I’m sure many/ most others with a significant number of shares feel likewise.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At least with voting, every brokerage is required by law to follow the procedures and let you vote.

The attendance thing is a special aside that Tesla does.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In the 2020s, here is how it should work.

You sign into your brokerage account, they puts up a QR code on the screen which links to a signed, encrypted document describing your holdings. You open the Tesla app and scan that QR code and vote.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
In the 2020s, here is how it should work.

You sign into your brokerage account, they puts up a QR code on the screen which links to a signed, encrypted document describing your holdings. You open the Tesla app and scan that QR code and vote.
Voting has to work for every company, even ones without apps. So they have to handle the forms at your broker.

So I go to my broker (mine is a website) there's an alert for voting, I click the button, be taken to a voting page, vote, then done.

No copy-paste at all.

But a QR code for a universal accessible resource showing ownership of shares would be cool.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Voting has to work for every company, even ones without apps. So they have to handle the forms at your broker.

So I go to my broker (mine is a website) there's an alert for voting, I click the button, be taken to a voting page, vote, then done.

No copy-paste at all.

But a QR code for a universal accessible resource showing ownership of shares would be cool.

-Crissa
That works too. And people shoudl be able to get paper notifications and vote that way still.

My point is, it’s 2020… in order to sign up for something like this there should never be a step “Give us the password to your brokerage account”.

That should not be a thing. There are lots of more secure, reliable, and convenient ways this could be done.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
When I went online to verify stock ownership, I am asked by a company called "Say Technologies", whom I've never heard of, to just give us your account number and password, "Uhm, NO!"
Yes, exactly. This was very unsatisfactory.

In fact, it is almost the very definition of "social engineering hacking of user name/passwords" in which the user is induced by greed or desirables to willingly give up his information.

There certainly are ways to transfer information securely. In this case "SAY" only took advantage of the dissonance between the policy of Tesla and those of various brokerages to provide a quick, easy, TOTAL INSECURE solution.

Last edited:

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
That’s not really a thing which could happen in an effective way.
Don't be so sure about that.

First let us pick a decent name.

"MINIONS OF the CYBERTRUCK ARMADA..."

I assume the entire horde would then go en mass and a la Martin Luther nail their demands on the church house door? Wait - these are stainless steel cybertrucks and it's 2023 - weld their tablet of steel with their grievances to the Factory Door?
Sponsored

Last edited: