Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am surprised they are wrapped for transport.
Electrifying the outdoors starts early in the Rivian product life-cycle.

Also... I see a lot of Model Ys going north and they are usually not wrapped either. I'm not sure when they choose to wrap new cars for transport.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Their choice to take on risk.

If me, I would be sending projection displays playing promotional video bragging about “Look at the Rivian trucks being delivered, how awesome they are and production is ramping”

ship the projection unit back, rinse and repeat. They should be shouting from the rooftops, tastefully, they are delivering what was promised.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Their choice to take on risk.

If me, I would be sending projection displays playing promotional video bragging about “Look at the Rivian trucks being delivered, how awesome they are and production is ramping”

ship the projection unit back, rinse and repeat. They should be shouting from the rooftops, tastefully, they are delivering what was promised.
Keep in mind, Rivian is already 3 months behind on their initial delivery date and very few people have actually received their trucks. Cybertruck owners aren't the only ones chomping at the bit. They've already bragged on their initial delivery, maybe after they ship their first 1000 or so and they are cranking out at least a couple hundred a week they can start bragging about deliveries.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That Yellow Rivian looks like an Subaru Baja. #whobuysAyellowPickup
1632437161595.png
Wish I'd bought one of those when I had the chance.

Another Fugly but ultimately very useful vehicle.

Maybe a good model for the Cyber Minitruck.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Look how tiny that bed is! What good is a truck with a bed that's so small you can't even put a surfboard in it. :p
I know you are joking, but a buddy of mine had one and loved it. He'd use it for hauling his bikes and gear. Bike would sit on a rack that was bed level and gear went in the bed. Much better than a car where you had to put the bike on the roof.

It is really close to what I personally need.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I know you are joking, but a buddy of mine had one and loved it. He'd use it for hauling his bikes and gear. Bike would sit on a rack that was bed level and gear went in the bed. Much better than a car where you had to put the bike on the roof.

It is really close to what I personally need.
That's good, you picked up that I was joking a bit. I preferred my burgandy wagon over a yellow pickup.?
Tesla Cybertruck Maybe.. just a little envious. 20210923_173230

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Spotted in Colorado. Looks like at least a few Rivian trucks heading out for delivery.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/truckload-of-r1t-spotted-heading-to-colorado.2112/

rivian-r1t-truck-jpg.3038.jpg
I know, Rivian customers lying around sipping margaritas as they take delivery of their trucks, while we wallow in our froth of desperation for the tiniest tidbit of a detail, dedicating three weeks to discuss windshield wipers. I don't have time to be envious. I'm a patient man. I've been practicing for almost two years now, so I'm getting better at it.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Look how tiny that bed is! What good is a truck with a bed that's so small you can't even put a surfboard in it. :p
You're missing the point.

You can get four beach blondes in it when they need a ride. :cool:
Sponsored