Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When I stop at Costco to grab a couple things on my Zero, people will comment in the parking lot, "Brave choice of a vehicle for a Costco run."

Tesla Cybertruck MOLLE storage bags installed on MOLLE panels PXL_20221104_011520430

But my question is...

...How much do the Molle panels block the Vault lighting and the L-channel?

-Crissa

And yeah, that case of tomato paste popped loose weirdly when I came down from the twisty part of 9 into Felton proper. Whoops.
Sponsored

OP
OP

loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
When I stop at Costco to grab a couple things on my Zero, people will comment in the parking lot, "Brave choice of a vehicle for a Costco run."

PXL_20221104_011520430.jpg

But my question is...

...How much do the Molle panels block the Vault lighting and the L-channel?

-Crissa

And yeah, that case of tomato paste popped loose weirdly when I came down from the twisty part of 9 into Felton proper. Whoops.
There is a gap for the lighting to shine through and you can still use the l track where the panel is not mounted as you can see from this picture from my other thread about fitment issues in the back part.
Tesla Cybertruck MOLLE storage bags installed on MOLLE panels IMG_3947

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There is a gap for the lighting to shine through and you can still use the l track where the panel is not mounted as you can see from this picture from my other thread about fitment issues in the back part.
IMG_3947.jpeg
Oh, so the shiny part is the LED strip?

So there's a good amount of free space to get other locks into the channel? Cool!

-Crissa

OP
OP

loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Oh, so the shiny part is the LED strip?

So there's a good amount of free space to get other locks into the channel? Cool!

-Crissa
Right that white strip is the LED.

I ended up just sticking the giant box on the back of my bike 😅
Tesla Cybertruck MOLLE storage bags installed on MOLLE panels IMG_3987

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There's two kinds of riders...those that work on their bikes at home, and those that work on their bikes on the trail. Are you an Eagle scout?
40 years of off-road, from the blue mountains of Oz to the jungle of Ph to the tracks in SoCal.....got a lot of seat time, being prepared ensures I never miss an opportunity, I'm not pushing, nor leaving a beautiful KTM stranded! :).

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
not every day useful but I keep a tow strap in my truck. I've used it three times to help out other people .

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

PXL_20221104_011520430.jpg
I think you just need one of these:

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Just installed some builtright and other Amazon molle storage. Helps keep some of the junk out of smugglers bay to free up space for the groceries, bags, etc. Aside from the first aid kit, I have an extension cord, paracord, cam clips, screwdriver set, lighter, flashlight, disposable ponchos and work gloves.

What else do people keep in their truck that might be everyday useful versus for a specific trade?

molle panel storage bags.jpg
Great post! I love posts like this because it helps me build my future Cybertruck accessory list, as well as sharing great ideas.

Only thing I recommend adding to one of your Molle packs, if not already there, is a good and sharp knife.

Tesla Cybertruck MOLLE storage bags installed on MOLLE panels 1708797683405

OP
OP

loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Great post! I love posts like this because it helps me build my future Cybertruck accessory list, as well as sharing great ideas.

Only thing I recommend adding to one of your Molle packs, if not already there, is a good and sharp knife.

1708797683405.png
Usually on my person but an extra in there shouldn’t hurt. Gotta make use of that hard earned totin chip!

Arrrsea

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What else do people keep in their truck that might be everyday useful versus for a specific trade?
go to harbor freight and hit every aisle and spend $100.

I have some soft nylon tool bags from Harbor Freight. Yeah, you can spend more and buy better stuff than what harbor freight has, but my good tools tend to stay home and the tools and gear I keep in the truck tends to get lost, beat up, left on the rear fender, given away.

these bags are $4.99 this week:

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...ags/15-in-tool-bag-with-14-pockets-61469.html

One bag has tie down straps, ratcheting straps and the lighter simple pull-though tension buckles. Again, harbor freight straps may not be the best, but they get beat up and given away and for a critical load, I double up.

You should also carry a red flag or bandanna to tie to stuff hanging out of the bed.

One bag has all my trailer hitch towing gear, the hitch itself, chains, light adapter, tester, all the stuff you might need. A trailer light tester like this is really handy if you pull more than one trailer. Settles arguments over whether it's my truck or your trailer that has a problem.

https://www.harborfreight.com/four-way-trailer-light-tester-57234.html

One bag has a basic toolkit. Hammer, sledge, wrenches, screwdrivers, shop rags, the basics. Extension cord now. Good to always have basic tools with you, but I tend to work on stuff in the field. My truck can be my office and worksite.

So I have 4 bags that fit really well in the bottom of the vault. Tools, hitch, ratchet straps, and tension straps. You can probably get by with 2 if you don't tow or do as much truck stuff, tools and straps. Being soft nylon, they get pretty flat.

Also from harbor freight, a moving blanket. Good for padding loads. Can also sit on it at a concert or picnic or even keep warm or sleep on it. I also have two ponchos, and usually have my gym bag, so that covers change of clothes and basic overnight stuff, I include a towel, toothbrush, etc. Kind of overkill, but again, there are times I am working and living out of my truck, YMMV.

I have a 3x4' shop carpet in the bed. The bedliner is very slippery, it helps a lot. I would like to get a 4x6 but the bed divider touches the bottom of the bed and you can't fit even a thin carpet under it. I may get two 3x4 rubber fatigue mats.

People have jokingly mentioned beer. In all seriousness, I always carry some spare bottles of water, some emergency food bars, and a couple of airline mini bottles of my wife's favorite vodka. Not for the apocalypse, but just because a little food and water when you are stuck in traffic can be the difference between comfortable passengers and whiny passengers. Lots of Southwest residents carry a lot more water.

The vodka is in case of snakebites.

Green Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Just installed some builtright and other Amazon molle storage. Helps keep some of the junk out of smugglers bay to free up space for the groceries, bags, etc. Aside from the first aid kit, I have an extension cord, paracord, cam clips, screwdriver set, lighter, flashlight, disposable ponchos and work gloves.

molle panel storage bags.jpg
Well this isn't exactly what you are asking but maybe someone out there can build this. I have more large dogs then can be transported in the cab. This leaves me the bed to transport them. If the cover is closed it might get too hot for the dogs so two solutions if someone has the means to build collapsible grid or lattice be sold as an accessory that can fit over the bed and attache to crossbar attachment sites or a panel that fits across the bed but strong enough to hold a mini AC unit. The unit could plug into 120 V, the cold air blows into bed and heat exhausted outside. The Cover would have to come down and hold the AC panel in place against the tailgate.

OP
OP

loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
go to harbor freight and hit every aisle and spend $100.

I have some soft nylon tool bags from Harbor Freight. Yeah, you can spend more and buy better stuff than what harbor freight has, but my good tools tend to stay home and the tools and gear I keep in the truck tends to get lost, beat up, left on the rear fender, given away.

these bags are $4.99 this week:

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...ags/15-in-tool-bag-with-14-pockets-61469.html

One bag has tie down straps, ratcheting straps and the lighter simple pull-though tension buckles. Again, harbor freight straps may not be the best, but they get beat up and given away and for a critical load, I double up.

You should also carry a red flag or bandanna to tie to stuff hanging out of the bed.

One bag has all my trailer hitch towing gear, the hitch itself, chains, light adapter, tester, all the stuff you might need. A trailer light tester like this is really handy if you pull more than one trailer. Settles arguments over whether it's my truck or your trailer that has a problem.

https://www.harborfreight.com/four-way-trailer-light-tester-57234.html

One bag has a basic toolkit. Hammer, sledge, wrenches, screwdrivers, shop rags, the basics. Extension cord now. Good to always have basic tools with you, but I tend to work on stuff in the field. My truck can be my office and worksite.

So I have 4 bags that fit really well in the bottom of the vault. Tools, hitch, ratchet straps, and tension straps. You can probably get by with 2 if you don't tow or do as much truck stuff, tools and straps. Being soft nylon, they get pretty flat.

Also from harbor freight, a moving blanket. Good for padding loads. Can also sit on it at a concert or picnic or even keep warm or sleep on it. I also have two ponchos, and usually have my gym bag, so that covers change of clothes and basic overnight stuff, I include a towel, toothbrush, etc. Kind of overkill, but again, there are times I am working and living out of my truck, YMMV.

I have a 3x4' shop carpet in the bed. The bedliner is very slippery, it helps a lot. I would like to get a 4x6 but the bed divider touches the bottom of the bed and you can't fit even a thin carpet under it. I may get two 3x4 rubber fatigue mats.

People have jokingly mentioned beer. In all seriousness, I always carry some spare bottles of water, some emergency food bars, and a couple of airline mini bottles of my wife's favorite vodka. Not for the apocalypse, but just because a little food and water when you are stuck in traffic can be the difference between comfortable passengers and whiny passengers. Lots of Southwest residents carry a lot more water.

The vodka is in case of snakebites.
Thanks for the harbor freight bag sale callout, maybe I'll go pick up a few. I do have my "trailering" toolbox ready to go since I rent out my RV trailer. It includes a multimeter, 1/2" impact to adjust the WDH to different heights, 7 pin tester, various sprays/lubes, etc.. I'll throw in the extra water/food ad hoc given the plastic is prone to leaching in the heat.

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Thanks for the harbor freight bag sale callout, maybe I'll go pick up a few. I do have my "trailering" toolbox ready to go since I rent out my RV trailer. It includes a multimeter, 1/2" impact to adjust the WDH to different heights, 7 pin tester, various sprays/lubes, etc.. I'll throw in the extra water/food ad hoc given the plastic is prone to leaching in the heat.

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!
A small molle or clip back with a TARP, can get you out of a lot of different jams, or if you need something to stay dryin the vault you may need to tarp it as they look to get a bit wet, but even doing things outside your truck, or if you need to crawl under it, a $10 10x10 tarp can save you in a bunch of different ways
Sponsored