Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Musk just posted about the Cybertruck's height and dimensions:

We can prob reduce width by an inch & maybe reduce length by 6+ inches without losing on utility or esthetics. Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon.

Sponsored

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow, reduce the length by 6+ inches and still maintain utility?! Where are they shaving that off? If it's in the cabin let's hope it's still super comfy!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Kind of disappointing news. If utility (vault and frunk capacity) and esthetics (look) are not affected, all that’s left is comfort (interior space) to be sacrificed. (n):mad:

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
This is tricky because they are trying to do everything in one size. Most pickups can be ordered as single or crew cab, long or short bed etc as needs (and garage size) dictates.

Personally I’m conflicted. I want a useable back seat and I liked the 6’6” bed because I am 6’5” and I could sleep perfectly. On the other hand, my garage is 231” and I was thinking of mods I might need to make. Shaving 6” off sounds pretty nice in that regard. I guess I could sleep diagonally... :)

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
I think they can shrink the front. Maybe make the end thiner, but the bed should stay the same.
Anyway goon news!!!

Alpeyev

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe Cybertruck, Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Wonder what truck fits into the garage at all. Which was one of my concerns as well, but those damn garages are so small now days, that with mid size SUV one might find it hard to squeeze around it. Even if it does fit, it will have to be backed into it due to CB design of front wheel (great for off road, but not the lip of the flooring in garage). I share the fear that interior room will suffer though.

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Never thought about putting it inside. My current truck sits outside.

RDeckard

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 328i XDRIVE
Occupation
Building Industry
Country flag
No, it's stainless. Leave garage for junk and stuff. Leave the Cybertruck the way it it. No really. Build it and send it to me please.

crowel57

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse, Subaru WRX, Toyota RAV4, Cybertruck Dual Motor on preorder
Country flag
It's the same size as the F-150. I don't know why these posts keep claiming it's huge. It's a truck, people. It's going to be big. The fact that they fit the utility and comfort of one of the largest F-150s into the dimensions of the one of the smallest F-150s is amazing.

F-150 crew with 6.5' bed and 4x4 is 243x80x77. So 1' longer and 2 inches taller than the current dimensions of the Cybertruck.

To get Cybertruck dimensions in an F-150 you have to get the 2wd and either what they call Supercab, which is basically a cab and a half, or the SuperCrew with the 5.5' bed.

Rio

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan
Country flag
To keep the interior, frunk and vault size the same will take a bit of work but could be doable. Decrease the dead space at the bumpers, tighten up the area where the tonneau cover goes, make the doors a little thinner without decreasing the steel thickness, same with the tail gate. I’m sure there is lots of dead space we are not privy to especially with an exoskeleton construction. My garage is 45’x26’ so I’m not worried but I can see the concern.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I hope they don't make it any smaller. Larger, in my case, would be better. I'd like an 8' foot vault and more interior room.

Taking 6" out of the vault, or the interior, is a game changer for me. Who cares if it doesn't fit in a 20' garage? Besides people with 20' garages and of those that feel they need to park it inside? I'll bet 95% of pickup trucks sit outside their entire life.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
EV batteries don’t do well in the cold. So for half of the country this isn’t quite the same as parking an F150 outside.

Kenzy

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberpunk Dual Motors
Occupation
Building Manager
Country flag
Suggested changes sound great! Length was the only concern I had after ordering.
Sponsored