Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
But wheelbase wasn't mentioned. What if your shorter truck needs a shorter wheelbase? It won't affect the towing numbers, but it won't tow as well. And it would have a harsher ride.
...and also be better off-road. Of course wheelbase has trade-offs but I’m not too worried about it. Currently it is 5in longer than the comparable F150 so it could afford to lose a little.
Sponsored

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
At the end of the day, it’s an EV. Running a cord to the street isn’t practical. I’d love the option of putting it in a 19 foot garage.

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004-ish Toyota RAV4, 2015 Nissan Leaf, & 1973 Chevy Suburban w 454 [RIP 2008-ish Kia Sportage].
Occupation
E
Country flag
**Does anyone know where one can turn to get "official" dimensions for trucks in years gone by?**

My CyberTruck will replace both a daily driver I.C.E. crossover _AND_ my "Garage Queen":
a 1973 Chevy Suburban, C10, with the middle-level interior, the two-color paint job, 454 engine, 72K miles on the frame and almost no rust.

I have reason to SUSPECT that the dimensions are:
"218.75 in. x 79.5 in. x 71" in. H",

If these numbers are correct, then I may have a problem, as the Sub' just barely fits inside the garage as is.

(...But that won't stop me from buying the CyberTruck!)

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is not a simple contractor’s truck, people! It is a very versatile piece of machinery and it is electric. Having the ability to charge it in our own garages is a big advantage. Let’s hope it fits in its final version.

RIVETS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Initial dimensions show Cybertruck as 231.7" L.
Toyota Tundra Crewmax is 228.9" L.
(a difference of 2.8")
Here's my Crewmax in a standard 20' garage. Not worried about fitting Cybertruck. I use wheel stops to make sure I don't hit the wall. :)
***disclaimer - small marks on wall were from previous truck, before wheel stops*** ha!
Tesla Cybertruck Musk: Cybertruck dimensions (width + length) can be reduced without losing utility or aesthetics Truck-garage-front

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: Cybertruck dimensions (width + length) can be reduced without losing utility or aesthetics Truck-garage-back

Truck fits, but I can't leave the trailer ball connected.

MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
Yeah, I'm curious about where they're shaving this off from as well. I need to fit 2 car seats in the backseat comfortably.
Three Car seats here and I'm 6'3''. I need all the interior space I can get. . . That said, in three years (single motor order) I will only have 2 in car seats. . . although who knows if #4 is lurking out there o_O

Last edited:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Initial dimensions show Cybertruck as 231.7" L.
Toyota Tundra Crewmax is 228.9" L.
(a difference of 2.8")
Here's my Crewmax in a standard 20' garage. Not worried about fitting Cybertruck. I use wheel stops to make sure I don't hit the wall. :)
***disclaimer - small marks on wall were from previous truck, before wheel stops*** ha!
Truck-garage-front.jpg

Truck-garage-back.jpg

Truck fits, but I can't leave the trailer ball connected.
I see why Tesla madd it so you can step on the tonneau cover. No way to get around the truck so go over it. With 16 inches of ground clearance you could go under it as well. With the flat floor you could climb through it too.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Musk just posted about the Cybertruck's height and dimensions:

We can prob reduce width by an inch & maybe reduce length by 6+ inches without losing on utility or esthetics. Min height is below 75 inches when air suspension set to low. Will post exact number soon.

Reducing dimensions would be great. I'm already thinking that I'll be selling mine when they finally come out with the Ranger sized model. But if they can make the initial offering more practical I'll likely keep it.

Brent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow, 6” would put it in most garages. I hope they find a way, the 231” length will keep some from buying.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
This hope that the final CT design will fit in a small garage is lost on me. When did the rest of the country go to 20' garages? I honestly thought the standard was 24' or more. The CT is supposed to be a truck. A Truck with a big "T".

Elon hinted that a smaller CT may be a consideration. Maybe a Ford Ranger sized CT would be the right vehicle for the people with 20' garages.

My Dodge 3500 has never spent a night inside a garage. A CT will never replace a diesel dually, but it can certainly give the 250/2500 class of pickup truck something to think about.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd like an even larger CT, one with an 8' bed, larger cab, rear seat that can recline a bit, the entire scale of the truck increased to match the longer bed.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I hate to be the messenger bringing bad news, but the CyberTruck as shown was not 232 inches long to start with. More like 244. Compare the length to the F150 in the tug of ware videos. That F150 is the short-box crew-cab which is 232 inches. The CyberTruck is obviously longer, and if you scale the images, its at least a foot longer or about 244.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85, 2019 3P+
Country flag
My garage is 21' long. The Cybertruck fits, but not much room to spare. I believe it would fit in a 20' garage with the front bumper touching the wall.

Sponsored

Last edited: