Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Musk tweeted twice recently about a smaller Cybertruck model.

Responding to a commenter on Twitter, Musk said that "Long term, it probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too." And then next day he clarified that the "Cybertruck is our last product unveil for a while," adding that "there will be some (mostly) unexpected technology announcements next year."

Sponsored

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
See my thread anticipating this. No one listened.

Asked on Twitter whether he would be launching a smaller version, Musk replied that Tesla would "probably" do a mid-size Cybertruck, too.
"Long term, it probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too," Musk wrote in a Tweet.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
See my thread anticipating this. No one listened.

Asked on Twitter whether he would be launching a smaller version, Musk replied that Tesla would "probably" do a mid-size Cybertruck, too.
"Long term, it probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too," Musk wrote in a Tweet.
I've only just noticed your post, but if you haven't heard, you might be happy to know, your anticipation was further validated when Elon tweeted that they are a working on 2nd Cybertruck, confirming it will be 73 inch wide,
(which now may be 2 or more inch's wider, for various reasons).

This is also in accordance with the disclaimer on the Cybertruck Order Page, suggesting they will confirm spec's for an international Cybertruck once they gauge international demand.
( which is now believed to be approx. 180,000. Sufficient reason existed before this volume was known, when Elon tweeted 73" in Dec. )

Oh, and considering there's no factory yet, it looks like delivery's wont start until 2022, so most people wont be getting anything soon, most will be waiting over 3 years, so I'd suggest the Goldilocks Cybertruck may be revealed in the next 12 months.
Perhaps even by Nov 21, 2020 which would have a nice symmetry to it.

Last edited:

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
Thanks for pointing this out.
I still think a small version of a CT would be very popular. I really dont want a vehicle as long as a 59 Caddy, but...
I still ordered one. I might be / would be so much happier with one about 3 feet shorter :))

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I've only just noticed your post, but if you haven't heard, you might be happy to know, your anticipation was further validated when Elon tweeted that they are a working on 2nd Cybertruck, confirming it will be 73 inch wide,
(which now may be 2 or more inch's wider, for various reasons).

This is also in accordance with the disclaimer on the Cybertruck Order Page, suggesting they will confirm spec's for an international Cybertruck once they gauge international demand.
( which is now believed to be approx. 180,000. Sufficient reason existed before this volume was known, when Elon tweeted 73" in Dec. )

Oh, and considering there's no factory yet, it looks like delivery's wont start until 2022, so most people wont be getting anything soon, most will be waiting over 3 years, so I'd suggest the Goldilocks Cybertruck may be revealed in the next 12 months.
Perhaps even by Nov 21, 2020 which would have a nice symmetry to it.
How do you know they are working on the second cybertruck already? and how do you know deliveries wont start untill 2022?Just curious.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
How do you know they are working on the second cybertruck already? and how do you know deliveries wont start untill 2022?Just curious.
As per previous quote which you have included, A/ Elons tweets B/ Disclaimer on Cybertruck Order page.

Cybertruck original production start was set for last qtr of 2021.
No factory location set yet, let alone a factory.
Pandemic.
2022 is 17 mths away. Just a small 3 mth delay push's time frame in 2022.
Not unreasonable new considerations /uncertainties due to Pandemic have to be dealt with.
Cybertruck 2022 start is not definite, but highly highly likely.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
As per previous quote which you have included, A/ Elons tweets B/ Disclaimer on Cybertruck Order page.

Cybertruck original production start was set for last qtr of 2021.
No factory location set yet, let alone a factory.
Pandemic.
2022 is 17 mths away. Just a small 3 mth delay push's time frame in 2022.
Not unreasonable new considerations /uncertainties due to Pandemic have to be dealt with.
Cybertruck 2022 start is not definite, but highly highly likely.
Oh ok, i thought this was actual new information, not assumptions.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Oh ok, i thought this was actual new information, not assumptions.
I'd suggest its a little more substantial than an assumption, more like a reasonable deduction.
Supply chains all over the world clearly impacted. Consumer demand has plummeted. Consumer confidence and ability has caved in.
Global Lockdown, U.S unemployment skyrockets 22 million in 4wks kind off gives it away !

But hey that 3 months seems very important to you, you must be in first 10 customers, that will take Elon hostage if he doesn't deliver the Cybertruck exactly on time ;)

I wonder, will you wait till the deadline start date Dec 31, 2021 is over to kidnap him and force him to make you a Cybertruck,
or will you act in 6 or 12 - 18 mths, when you determine/realise he hasn't got enough time left to meet the deadline,
unless he is given some friendly persuasion from you ;)

Giga Shanghai was built in 12 mths, But Giga Berlin is scheduled for 18 mths and is already just a little behind.

P.S. When you do decide to take him hostage, call me, WTF, I'm to far back in the queue and need to jump a couple places. . . . .

You know, cos the Zombie Apocalypse is almost here, or at least Armageddon

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'd suggest its a little more substantial than an assumption, more like a reasonable deduction.
Supply chains all over the world clearly impacted. Consumer demand has plummeted. Consumer confidence and ability has caved in.
Global Lockdown, U.S unemployment skyrockets 22 million in 4wks kind off gives it away !

But hey that 3 months seems very important to you, you must be in first 10 customers, that will take Elon hostage if he doesn't deliver the Cybertruck exactly on time ;)

I wonder, will you wait till the deadline start date Dec 31, 2021 is over to kidnap him and force him to make you a Cybertruck,
or will you act in 6 or 12 - 18 mths, when you determine/realise he hasn't got enough time left to meet the deadline,
unless he is given some friendly persuasion from you ;)

Giga Shanghai was built in 12 mths, But Giga Berlin is scheduled for 18 mths and is already just a little behind.

P.S. When you do decide to take him hostage, call me, WTF, I'm to far back in the queue and need to jump a couple places. . . . .

You know, cos the Zombie Apocalypse is almost here, or at least Armageddon
Dont worry, ill make sure to notify you before hand! Although i am planning on just taking the prototype.

Reactions: Geo

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
Thanks for pointing this out.
I still think a small version of a CT would be very popular. I really dont want a vehicle as long as a 59 Caddy, but...
I still ordered one. I might be / would be so much happier with one about 3 feet shorter :))
Looks like a smaller CT could come.
As a 'world truck' this could be the China Designer project, and come out of China.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Cybertruck is competing with the Ford 150. That’s what the Cybertruck customers are basing it on, too. We are not interested in the smaller Ford pickup truck, the Ranger.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag