Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon needs an AI robot that clones himself. No wonder why he is so focused on AI.

PAPAB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Highlander 2022 Model Y LR
Country flag
With Elon's recent candid yet obvious admission, what do Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders think about this over worked genius putting too many balls in the air? To add another metaphor to the mix, he seems the victim of a self inflicted wound. As a shareholder, the owner of a Tesla Solar System with Powerwalls, 2 Tesla cars and, a CyberTruck reservation I am concerned that he is intentionally undoing his many great accomplishments with this unnecessary Social Engineering experiment. It seems he lacks feed back from within his small circle of advisors or perhaps he just isn't listening. In any case, I think his customers (current and future) should get their opinions out in the open before he runs the entire enterprise off the rails. Please, no political discussions as that kills any and all relevant discourse.
- I too have the shares, MY, and CT (ordered 12 hrs after reveal) and Solar Panels w/Powerwalls. I'm concerned now (just saw this on 'Electrified')that TESLA will "contract out" Solar Panel/Powerwall install and service. I just had a system installed 4 or 5 months ago and it now has stopped producing energy for the 3rd time. It takes weeks to get Tesla Service to come out. I hope they come soon and fix it permanently this time. *Has Elon bitten off more than he can chew, to the detriment of his current customers and fans across all Tesla product lines and growth of service of his products? Please don't misunderstand-I believe he is an amazing human of profound positive affect on our world, but even super heroes have to rest to catch up.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
With Elon's recent candid yet obvious admission, what do Tesla Cybertruck reservation holders think about this over worked genius putting too many balls in the air? To add another metaphor to the mix, he seems the victim of a self inflicted wound. As a shareholder, the owner of a Tesla Solar System with Powerwalls, 2 Tesla cars and, a CyberTruck reservation I am concerned that he is intentionally undoing his many great accomplishments with this unnecessary Social Engineering experiment. It seems he lacks feed back from within his small circle of advisors or perhaps he just isn't listening. In any case, I think his customers (current and future) should get their opinions out in the open before he runs the entire enterprise off the rails. Please, no political discussions as that kills any and all relevant discourse.
meh. he had 'too much on his plate' with the M3 ramp. the thing with Twitter is that programming is his jam. who remembers PayPal? he revolutionized the 'pay online' system. Twitter needed to be gutted and it it's being done.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Amazing how some believe Musk when it says it could go bankrupt. He said that about Tesla not long ago. Remember the new factories burning Billions ?

I swear he sandbags everything he does. He is the New East India Company,

His best policy is to softly softly, till he is as over the line as possible.

Twitter will be worth much more than Apple.
It will be social communication, Bank , software and music distributor, maps, youtube ..

it will absorb all the dispersed customers spread over different platforms into one place.

He needs Twitter for Mars.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I saw a tweet purporting to quote a manager at Twitter saying the half of staff they laid off were 'dead weight' but that they needed their knowledge.

My experience says managers like that are almost certainly dead weight and likely to be misrepresenting their employees' work. And that least to more mistakes, not fewer.

https://hbr.org/2021/09/how-to-intervene-when-a-manager-is-gaslighting-their-employees

-Crissa
if they needed their knowledge then they weren't dead weight. dead weight are people that waste millions in lunches at work and that 'can't' work at the office. Twitter was bloated with the entitled and needed a purge.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
There is a difference between burnout on A project and completely overworking human body (mentally & physically) for long periods. Almost nobody working 80 hours gets enough sleep.

People can just all of a sudden just drop dead.
some people don't need much sleep. my last boss was like that..... 4 hours a night was plenty.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Amazing how some believe Musk when it says it could go bankrupt. He said that about Tesla not long ago. Remember the new factories burning Billions ?
I think Musk believes a lot of his exaggerations.

While he’s incredibly smart, he also tends to take his companies very very personally and when his pet projects are threatened he really takes it to heart.

The factories burning billions comment wasn’t his fault though. Lots of people took that way out of context. Texas and Berlin took a lot longer to build than he planned and both of them had some rather expensive start up issues. Texas is still burning cash trying to get 4680 manufacturing online, the cathode factory finished, Cybertruck and Semi production online…. When he sees a delay, he just sees a giant unused factory which is costing Tesla (him) millions of dollars to keep operating with no output.

Anyhow…

He needs Twitter for Mars.
I think Twitter is Musk‘s single biggest non-work passtime.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
RMK! said:
- I too have the shares, MY, and CT (ordered 12 hrs after reveal) and Solar Panels w/Powerwalls. I'm concerned now (just saw this on 'Electrified')that TESLA will "contract out" Solar Panel/Powerwall install and service. I just had a system installed 4 or 5 months ago and it now has stopped producing energy for the 3rd time. It takes weeks to get Tesla Service to come out. I hope they come soon and fix it permanently this time. *Has Elon bitten off more than he can chew, to the detriment of his current customers and fans across all Tesla product lines and growth of service of his products? Please don't misunderstand-I believe he is an amazing human of profound positive affect on our world, but even super heroes have to rest to catch up.
Tesla is widely known to deliver abysmal customer service, especially their solar division. I have made a mint fixing their abandoned projects alone. Next week my florida branch is pulling down and dumpstering the half solar roof they started and stopped 3 months ago after the consumer has now endured two hurricanes with a tarp on his roof.
Going back up in its place will be an actual high quality roof topped with equipment that is incredible and will be supported for the life of the product.

I hate this for the average joe who stretches to get solar in the first place and they are a repeated black eye for the industry. Oh and tesla certified means they will sell that contractor powerwalls.

M. Ralston

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Imho…Elon should've never said or tweeted anything political. Personally I would’ve claimed I was an independent and said that I voted for the best candidate…or support the programs and initiatives that I feel strongly about, and leave it ambiguous. On Twitter where he was already kicking ass Elon should’ve pointed out political hypocrisy on both side with humor and “neutrality”. Encourage people to get informed, get involved and to vote…but here we are?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Elon’s done a lot of amazing things and there’s no denying that he’s a certain sort of energetic “genius.”

None of which, to me, is any guarantee that he’ll continue to be.

Nor is it an excuse for any particular behavior.

Fact is, there are equally or more impactful energetic genius out there, who the public fails to know or idolize to the same degree as Elon only because those others aren’t pop-culture narcissists like Elon. He chooses the “sexiest” industries to ‘revolutionize’ (ignoring many others ripe for far more immediate impact) he fraternizes publicly with only the “coolest” paramours (while also having affairs with women married to men he views as social competitors), and appears to think himself somehow entitled to weigh in on topics clearly beyond his expertise in ways only a narcissistic “genius” would dare feign any public opinion.

It sounds foolish when people seem to confuse Elon’s degree of fame and infamy with representing something about his unique degree of “genius,” as opposed to the infamy he’s developed through his uniquely attention-seeking persona.

Which is all to say: this is not a person incapable of crashing just as furiously as he took off.

We’ll see.

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Elon’s done a lot of amazing things and there’s no denying that he’s a certain sort of energetic “genius.”

None of which, to me, is any guarantee that he’ll continue to be.

Nor is it an excuse for any particular behavior.

Fact is, there are equally or more impactful energetic genius out there, who the public fails to know or idolize to the same degree as Elon only because those others aren’t pop-culture narcissists like Elon. He chooses the “sexiest” industries to ‘revolutionize’ (ignoring many others ripe for far more immediate impact) he fraternizes publicly with only the “coolest” paramours (while also having affairs with women married to men he views as social competitors), and appears to think himself somehow entitled to weigh in on topics clearly beyond his expertise in ways only a narcissistic “genius” would dare feign any public opinion.

It sounds foolish when people seem to confuse Elon’s degree of fame and infamy with representing something about his unique degree of “genius,” as opposed to the infamy he’s developed through his uniquely attention-seeking persona.

Which is all to say: this is not a person incapable of crashing just as furiously as he took off.

We’ll see.
Those are easily the most strident opinions I've read about Elon. While I believe there may be validity to some of your comments, I find myself in the uncomfortable position of defending him. You clearly overstate (see bold above) his "narcissism" and completely ignore his self identified Asperger's syndrome.

I think you fail to recognise his passion and talent for engineering, and his extreme dedication to accomplishing his clean energy goals with his companies. What I really take issue with is the bolded part above. People "weighing in on topics beyond their expertise" is normal human behaviour and you provide a clear demonstration of that with your comments. Forums like this one are fueled by uninformed opinions but then, and as they say, "out of the mouths of babes" ... :)

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla is widely known to deliver abysmal customer service, especially their solar division. I have made a mint fixing their abandoned projects alone.
Yes, they abandoned projects because solar installers can get paid a mint. Can't promise a project on budget if you get squeezed by the labor.

On Twitter where he was already kicking ass Elon should’ve pointed out political hypocrisy on both side with humor and “neutrality”.
It takes more knowledge of the subject to be neutral. Uninformed means unaware if they're pushing harmful tropes or not.

-Crissa

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Those are easily the most strident opinions I've read about Elon.
Perhaps you’ve only missed or turned a blind eye to the many, many, pieces of critique available on Musk? If mine are the most strident, you’ve missed many that best me.

While I believe there may be validity to some of your comments, I find myself in the uncomfortable position of defending him. You clearly overstate (see bold above) his "narcissism" and completely ignore his self identified Asperger's syndrome.
I’m not ignoring it, I simply think it irrelevant to the specific point I was injecting. Surely you don’t think that Asperger’s necessitates his specific behaviors and choices? Or that people with Asperger’s can’t still yet behave in ways that are blameworthy?

I think you fail to recognise his passion and talent for engineering, and his extreme dedication to accomplishing his clean energy goals with his companies.
Why do you think I “fail” to recognize this? Does my several references to him being a “genius” have no legibility for you? Nor my opining context:

Besides: in my view, plenty here had already quite sufficiently exhausted their praises on Musk’s redeeming qualities, and I was here instead to inject some counterbalance in my view.

Perhaps what you meant to say was that you prefer to hear criticism only if delivered alongside a preponderance of praise?

I’m not the one for you, if so.

What I really take issue with is the bolded part above. People "weighing in on topics beyond their expertise" is normal human behaviour and you provide a clear demonstration of that with your comments.
Let’s draw what should be a few obvious distinctions:

First, the normative observation that many people behave in some way is an observation providing zero compass to whether that behavior is wise or blameworthy. Not saving money and stealing is both also “normal human behavior.”

[EDIT: strikethrough formatting acting up from here on, can’t seem to undo *shrugs*]

Second, what I (who no one knows or cares what thinks) say on a niche forum is incomparable to what a person like Musk says on Twitter(or anywhere else, really). The prudence (and moral consequence) of saying a thing depends in no small part on who will hear it, and it’s anticipated effects on the listeners. If a world-renounced cardiologist writes an opinion piece in the NYT claiming that malignant melanoma of the skin is avoidable by coconut oil, it is different than if your high school educated grandmother whispers the same to only you.

Which medical analogy coincidentally brings us to only one example of Musk "weighing in on topics beyond their expertise" in a way that is foolish at best but more likely immoral:

4a34a747-4908-4f27-8588-b3987365903d-jpeg.14763.jpg

7cb2be2f-66bd-4342-8879-7f302c3f0cfb-jpeg.14764.jpg

3e27bd51-087f-4bc8-a9d0-67d94b436ad9-jpeg.14765.jpg

If you’re unaware of the ways in which the above sample of tweets are simultaneously ignorant and detrimental, then you’re only proving the point.

Forums like this one are fueled by uninformed opinions but then, and as they say, "out of the mouths of babes" ...
In all, perhaps my comments felt so strident not for the content of my points, but instead for reasons having to do with something inside you.

That said, one of my facets of dislike for Elon (weighed against other facets of admiration) is the way his narcissistic demagoguery is so powerfully compelling to those in the fat part of the bellcurve. Which is to say, there’s zero surprise that someone here would take me to task for suggesting their tech-billionaire-demigod has any glaring faults they’re unable to stomach.

He’s an energetic genius and has built many amazing things. But in the end, it’s the balance of both good and bad things that are measured, and there’ll be plenty on both sides of the scales.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.