My 2022 Cybertruck MSRP predictions. Are you sitting down?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I don’t think much of that has changed over there. But it is not all them being evil. Aside from Tesla factories, as a society, we are mighty inefficient; We still reward the unproductive folks and behaviors that contribute the least, the most ( which incidentally makes this country a great place to live if you are one of them). The question is when that Chinese CT come out $20K less than ours, do we slap it with a Tariff to keep it out, lower profit margins to stay competitive or chose to pay more for the home grown CT. Would you pay $20K more for a local CT if the quality and specs were the same?
It will be interesting with electric vehicles. The foreign ICE trucks that have tried to compete in the US against the F150 and Silverado’s like the Titan or Tundra seemed to be priced on par with the US trucks. I don’t know why. I do think the simplification of an EV vs. an ICE vehicle may help their efficiencies exponentially and we may see that $20k cheaper truck. With th unions working their way more and more into government the tariffs may get worse though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It will be interested with electric vehicles. The foreign ICE trucks that have tried to compete in the US against the F150 and Silverado’s like the Titan or Tundra seemed to be priced on par with the US trucks. I don’t know why. I do think the simplification of an EV vs. an ICE vehicle may help their efficiencies exponentially and we may see that $20k cheaper truck. With th unions working their way more and more into government the tariffs may get worse though.
Confused about your last statement. You must be pretty young. When I was growing up unions were very strong in the U.S. and we had progressive taxing that kept the wealthy in check. I am too young to remember all that happened to erode labor strength, taxation, and the virtual elimination of pensions, but I think it didn’t help the country at all - just the rich.

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
IMO the price will be at least $10,000 more for the dual motor because they will get enough people to bite initially no matter the price. With tax and destination, it will come close to $65,000. Probably too rich for my taste. Tesla has not come close to their first teaser prices and they won't change. They want to dominate the industry and build a few more factories and will need the high-profit margins to grow.

I'm not a Ford guy but they may dominate the pricing war as they currently built millions of f150's and they already have old factories to build in at low cost. I'm talking in 2025 when more batteries are available. GM will also be a big contender by 2025.

I also believe there will be no federal tax credits so there will be a lot more pricing competition.

I also doubt that any significant production will be possible before 2024 as Tesla Austin will put all their resources into the Model Y as is a very profitable vehicle that is the SUV hottest market. We won't see any CT production until a second production line is built and the new battery factory is running full production. Not holding my breath.

Max Weber

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Toyota Highlander
Country flag
I'd be ok with only the first 50k in line getting the original promise price. Since I'm around 57k in line and I anticipate some people backing out or postponing their purchase, that puts me in the good group. Ha!
Hasn't Tesla been known for fulfilling orders purchased at higher prices and dragging their feet on grandfathered rates?

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I can almost guarantee that the first trucks leaving the brand new $1.2 billion Austin assembly plant will be Tri Motor versions. I predict a fully loaded Tri Motor will MSRP for $90k to $100k.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
IMO the price will be at least $10,000 more for the dual motor because they will get enough people to bite initially no matter the price. With tax and destination, it will come close to $65,000. Probably too rich for my taste. Tesla has not come close to their first teaser prices and they won't change. They want to dominate the industry and build a few more factories and will need the high-profit margins to grow.

I'm not a Ford guy but they may dominate the pricing war as they currently built millions of f150's and they already have old factories to build in at low cost. I'm talking in 2025 when more batteries are available. GM will also be a big contender by 2025.

I also believe there will be no federal tax credits so there will be a lot more pricing competition.

I also doubt that any significant production will be possible before 2024 as Tesla Austin will put all their resources into the Model Y as is a very profitable vehicle that is the SUV hottest market. We won't see any CT production until a second production line is built and the new battery factory is running full production. Not holding my breath.
Well, you are wrong about a lot of things you say here (ok, most everything you say is wrong except that the OEMs will eventually catch up if they can afford to), but you are welcome to your beliefs.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can almost guarantee that the first trucks leaving the brand new $1.2 billion Austin assembly plant will be Tri Motor versions. I predict a fully loaded Tri Motor will MSRP for $90k to $100k.
Gonna be awful hard for Tesla to post charts comparing it with F150 pricing again.

Or… ever posting any pricing compares and expect to be taken seriousl.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You negative people are awfully vocal for a group that has no data whatsoever. Tesla has a history of honoring its pricing, but changing its pricing. They are different by the way. One thing is certain: Tesla is not interested in making a profit as much as it is interested in changing the world. We all know for a fact that no OEM is in it for anything but profit, and you might consider that going forward.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
We just dropped 73K on a 22 Dodge 3500 dually with custom flatbed so I'm willing to go 75K on my CT when they get it built.
I'm hoping that with what ever EV incentive the political critters come up with, what my Tesla stock is worth and my saved up down payment money will drop the price to where my payment will be south of 1000 bucks if I finance for 72 months.

A.W.Jelfs

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HQ gts 350 monaro Ht gts 307 monaro
Occupation
retired investor
Country flag
Hi all from Australia If i had a dollar for every negative thread i could buy a very decent meal.
I watched Elon unveil the truck thinking the sides would fall of to reveal the truck, i was wrong.
The better half came home and as soon as she had witnessed the cybertruck i had put a deposit down. It took her 10 seconds to realize she loved it, that was 2019 and i am at about 60 k in the queue.
It now is almost 2022 so we are getting closer to production.
I will be patient as i can see Elon wants his personal baby to be perfect.
Isn't that great for us and the product we will receive.
The cybertruck for me is a middle finger to the people that hate EV's.
I cant wait to deliver that finger in its shiny steel skin.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, depends on what Ford delivers next year, doesn't it?

-Crissa
Is there any value in making a price comparison when you won’t honor the prices you post or at even the spirit of that comparison?

The Cybertruck was shipped based on the idea of being more affordable to purchase/ operate than the F150. These crazy suggestions for price increases makes that entire concept a lie.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is there any value in making a price comparison when you won’t honor the prices you post or at even the spirit of that comparison?

The Cybertruck was shipped based on the idea of being more affordable to purchase/ operate than the F150. These crazy suggestions for price increases makes that entire concept a lie.
If it was Elon's statement that the CT should be competitive with Ford, etc., then it will be.

You know, Tesla has a history of starting their beta development 6-9 months out from initial delivery, and the Model Y started deliveries 6 months ahead of schedule. We know that the items we need in the 'queue' are the 8K ton gigapress(es), the 4680 cell factory, and HW 4, and there will surely be some other wrinkles, but we are a year out and have plenty of time to iron out these issues. I still think it is possible for deliveries to begin before the end of 2022.