First Name
photoncraft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD
Country flag
Hi
My first post here and wonder this forum existing. I made configurator showreel for CyberTruck.
Currently not much variation for surface and exactly same as final product.
Hope you like this and Have MerryChristmas all.

Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck Configurator ctc1
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Hi
My first post here and wonder this forum existing. I made configurator showreel for CyberTruck.

ctc1.jpg
Hi there and welcome!

Nice work and well executed. Would be great to be able to add wheels and accessories to it, and maybe even custom designs.

Just a couple of notes, the rear tailgate doesn't have a ramp anymore and has a different light design on the Cybertruck that is being delivered.

But otherwise it looks mostly accurate. Do you have access to the actual CAD drawings with real measurements or is this your own creation? If so what format CAD are you using?

OP
OP

photoncraft

First Name
photoncraft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD
Country flag
Hi there and welcome!

Nice work and well executed. Would be great to be able to add wheels and accessories to it, and maybe even custom designs.

Just a couple of notes, the rear tailgate doesn't have a ramp anymore and has a different light design on the Cybertruck that is being delivered.

But otherwise it looks mostly accurate. Do you have access to the actual CAD drawings with real measurements or is this your own creation? If so what format CAD are you using?
Hi.
Thanks for reply.
The added feature you mentioned considered. Maybe i can check more but, i should consider optimization and could be limited to just change surface. however, i 'll try more.

Yes, Delivered design is different with my model. in fact first model was changed after final delivered some weeks ago and i should re modeled many part. but i decided leave reel trunk part. It's just a concept work for WebGL performance. actually, i want to remove side mirror at first. :)

As for CAD work, My reference for Cybertruck is just on internet drawing and some photos. new part for final deliver version made only with photos and Youtube movs. so, it should be quite differ with origin. Firstly made with Plasticity for Solid Model and convert to polygon, UV work with Blender,Modo, finally ported to WebGL with Verge 3d.

Tesla Cybertruck My Cybertruck Configurator 3d

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Hi.
Thanks for reply.
The added feature you mentioned considered. Maybe i can check more but, i should consider optimization and could be limited to just change surface. however, i 'll try more.

Yes, Delivered design is different with my model. in fact first model was changed after final delivered some weeks ago and i should re modeled many part. but i decided leave reel trunk part. It's just a concept work for WebGL performance. actually, i want to remove side mirror at first. :)

As for CAD work, My reference for Cybertruck is just on internet drawing and some photos. new part for final deliver version made only with photos and Youtube movs. so, it should be quite differ with origin. Firstly made with Plasticity for Solid Model and convert to polygon, UV work with Blender,Modo, finally ported to WebGL with Verge 3d.

3d.jpg
Thanks for sharing your workflow.

I think there is an dimensionally accurate CAD model floating around the internet that came from the Tesla app decompile, that has a lot of internal and external features.

I haven't found this yet, but I believe that is what they are using in the Assetto Corsa game simulation.

There is also the Tesla Cybertruck parts list that has details parts drawings.

Would be happy to collaborate otherwise.

OP
OP

photoncraft

First Name
photoncraft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your workflow.

I think there is an dimensionally accurate CAD model floating around the internet that came from the Tesla app decompile, that has a lot of internal and external features.

I haven't found this yet, but I believe that is what they are using in the Assetto Corsa game simulation.

There is also the Tesla Cybertruck parts list that has details parts drawings.

Would be happy to collaborate otherwise.
My ordinary workflow is just refer drawing or rough photos. most client didn't want to expose original CAD or Drawing for revers engineering. i think it's enough for just concept work. Thanks for information.

freakyguy666

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 x2, CT x2; PowerWall x4
Country flag
Hi

ctc1.jpg
Great start!

maybe update the rear door animation to show wider opening (closer to 90°) instead of the ~45° in your current version….

OP
OP

photoncraft

First Name
photoncraft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HD
Country flag
Great start!

maybe update the rear door animation to show wider opening (closer to 90°) instead of the ~45° in your current version….
Thanks for suggestion. I'll reflect angle.
Sponsored