bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now-M3 RWD, Taycan CT4 Past-MS90D,BMW i3,Polestar2
Country flag
Since the Pre-Order Agreement doesn't have a No Resale Clause, does that mean Tesla will make me sign another agreement to finalize the purchase and on which, there'll be a No Resale Clause.
Sponsored

Attachments

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Since the Pre-Order Agreement doesn't have a No Resale Clause, does that mean Tesla will make me sign another agreement to finalize the purchase and on which, there'll be a No Resale Clause.
Tesla may have realized it's unenforceable.

There are already 20 to 50 Cybertrucks listed on Car Gurus.

Cyber07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 MS 85, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 M3 P, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Actually, it has a no resell agreement. Please read it.

Second page, 3rd paragraph under the box. (No resellers, discountiunation, cancellation)

gundo100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT & Y
Country flag
I read through mine, same thing, nothing regarding resale. If they try to add that later to a sale agreement that would raise all kinds of legal issues. I technically have a contract for this truck, they can not change the terms to materially affect my purchase thereof. No way that stands up in court.

Last edited:

defrostedcanuck

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Porsche Taycan, Cybertruck AWD FS
Occupation
Nerdy Sales Guy
Country flag
Correct

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla may have realized it's unenforceable.

There are already 20 to 50 Cybertrucks listed on Car Gurus.
This is why no one has cited a case in which a no resale in a year clause has been overturned?

C'mon.

Also, the thread title seems correct: doesn't have no. Because it does have a resale clause.

-Crissa

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This is why no one has cited a case in which a no resale in a year clause has been overturned?

C'mon.

Also, the thread title seems correct: doesn't have no. Because it does have a resale clause.

-Crissa
Come on!

There are also no restraining order or case filed by the so-called aggrieved party Tesla against the 50 or so sellers in Car Gurus and the active bidding going on posted here.

And I won't believe that the litigious Elon is suddenly going gun shy.

OP
OP

bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No resller in my agreement is different from the explicit language of can't resell within a year.

OP
OP

bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a different document, though.

-Crissa
While we debate whether Tesla's material change of the re-sale language between the Pre Order and Purchase agreement can holdup in the court of law, I also wonder if the "non-refundable" $1000 early order deposit is refundable if one doesn't agree with the Purchase Agreement's language.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
While we debate whether Tesla's material change of the re-sale language between the Pre Order and Purchase agreement can holdup in the court of law, I also wonder if the "non-refundable" $1000 early order deposit is refundable if one doesn't agree with the Purchase Agreement's language.
If you don't agree you don't get an order and that is that - you don't ever fork over the deposit and your name goes back in the hat.

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
But it did. And you were emailed a pre-order agreement when you put $100 down for a reservation.

Tesla Cybertruck My Pre-Order Agreement doesn't have No Resale Clause gHIHGgm - Imgur

And after you put down the 250 or 1000 to put in a configuration for a Foundation Series you get the new, more specific version:

Tesla Cybertruck My Pre-Order Agreement doesn't have No Resale Clause 1yV0HYs

cyberwulf

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still Waiting
Country flag
But it did. And you were emailed a pre-order agreement when you put $100 down for a reservation.

gHIHGgm - Imgur.png

And after you put down the 250 or 1000 to put in a configuration for a Foundation Series you get the new, more specific version:

1yV0HYs.jpg
That says they may cancel the order, nothing about penalty for selling after receiving the truck

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That says they may cancel the order, nothing about penalty for selling after receiving the truck
That is because that agreement was for the $100 (or $250) reservation, which was before the invitation to configure.

why does this keep cropping up? Either you believe that this is a binding contract enforceable by law or you don’t. If you don’t, then go ahead and live your life that way and take your chances.
Sponsored