Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
So with the new Battery Day announcements, it sounded like the new batteries would get something like 56% better range... So does that give the CT tri-motor a 750+ mile range?
Looks like the CT gets the same kind of batteries as the Semi with the Full Nickle cathode which Elon mentioned was really important for the best possible range.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Im about 90% sure the quoted ranges were with this new batterie tech in effect. but I also think they will increase the range by 50 miles for each truck.

so base single will have 300, double 350, triple 550? if im remebering the quoted ranges correctly

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
So with the new Battery Day announcements, it sounded like the new batteries would get something like 56% better range... So does that give the CT tri-motor a 750+ mile range?
Looks like the CT gets the same kind of batteries as the Semi with the Full Nickle cathode which Elon mentioned was really important for the best possible range.
Why do you want 750 miles from a single charge? No one drives that far without stopping. Wouldn't it be better to have a 500 mile pack that charges in 10 min?

Dave.Me

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 GMC Sierra Z71 - Cybertruck Dual Motor ordered - 2018 Subaru Forrester
Occupation
Retired - CNR Signals & Communications Technician
Country flag
Why do you want 750 miles from a single charge? No one drives that far without stopping. Wouldn't it be better to have a 500 mile pack that charges in 10 min?
When it's -30c below you'll loose 40 to 50% of your capacity is why.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
I'm not saying that I need 750. And from what I saw of the presentation, there wasn't any announcement about charge speeds. I'd be psyched if charge speed went to 10 minutes. Even if you just get to 80% charge in 10 mins I'd be happy. But it would be sweet if we get 80% charge of the 750 miles in 10 minutes.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Im about 90% sure the quoted ranges were with this new batterie tech in effect. but I also think they will increase the range by 50 miles for each truck.

so base single will have 300, double 350, triple 550? if im remebering the quoted ranges correctly
Was any reason mentioned as to why the 2 motor CT could not have the 550 mile battery?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was any reason mentioned as to why the 2 motor CT could not have the 550 mile battery?
alot of people are wanting this, but They only gave those 3 specs on CT reveal day. and this early (over a year and a half before production) i doubt they have anything finalized
I think they need to make the double motor higher range too

Last edited:

Turtle

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would expect approx. 770miles of range in two years! This would be huge for all range is king people. That doesn’t mean you can actually drive 770 miles on a charge, but you could possibly get 470 miles which would be approx. the 60 percent range for normal every day driving. For traveling, towing or camping you would be able to use the full range as necessary. This will be very necessary for those of us that would be using the power outlets for charging the Cyber Quad, power tools and other items that need power! YES, we need the range!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
They use the battery range as a way to drive sales to higher optioned models.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm not saying that I need 750. And from what I saw of the presentation, there wasn't any announcement about charge speeds. I'd be psyched if charge speed went to 10 minutes. Even if you just get to 80% charge in 10 mins I'd be happy. But it would be sweet if we get 80% charge of the 750 miles in 10 minutes.
They did kinda, Elon fumbled about saying the elctrons don't need to travel to the tab and that is somewhat equivalent to saying reduced internal resistance. That means faster charging + more efficient charging.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
It is just a bigger Cell. It makes it cheaper to produce. At the pack level, there might be some increase in energy density, but it isn’t 56%.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not just a bigger cell. It's almost completely reengineered
It is just a bigger Cell. It makes it cheaper to produce. At the pack level, there might be some increase in energy density, but it isn’t 56%.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Why do you think it wouldn’t scale for the same size pack?
Sponsored