New GMC Hummer Omega throws down the gauntlet!

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
Maybe if it had a NAC port, I can't imagine running around the city trying to charge that when most non-tesla chargers are unreliable. I was on the fence about buying one until the CT finally got released.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wow! Awesome job Hummer!

Only $130k, waiting on the $150k Cybertruck

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
Only if there was a dealer willing to sell at MSRP.
If I were to ever get one it would need to be used under MSRP or new at MSRP. But that would have been a year ago when the CT still felt like a fairytale. Greedy dealers are stuck with them now.

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
If I were to ever get one it would need to be used under MSRP or new at MSRP. But that would have been a year ago when the CT still felt like a fairytale. Greedy dealers are stuck with them now.
I agree. I couldn't wait for the CT any longer and was looking at the Hummer SUV. Most dealers advertise MSRP, but once I showed up they all had junk dealer add-ons like the light package and wheel cover that doesn't even match the color of the truck plus a $20k markup. It was a frustrating experience and a lot of wasted time.

Now that Cybertruck has been out I have not bothered to look at Hunmers anymore. I'm still waiting for my Cyberbeast VIN which I ordered on 12/8. Also, a side note, no one cared about the Hummer EV when 4 Cybertrucks were parked closed to it. Everyone crowded around the CTs. GM wasted their opportunity to capitalize on the Hummer due to dealers greed. Now it's too late.

Tesla Cybertruck New GMC Hummer Omega throws down the gauntlet! Screenshot_20240304_141825_Gallery

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
All other EV trucks won't survive except lightning might hang around a while.

All other EV trucks are still has the ICE feeling without ICE range and convenience.

I rather buy ICE ones.

rbrak29

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2021 F150 Powerboost hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GM...just bring out the Silverado RST already. Enough of this sh$t.

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I chose not to buy an EV truck which the manufacturer sells at a substantial loss. What incentive does Ford, GM, or Rivian have to continue to make and support their money losing products? Furthermore, what's the probability that the company will even survive the transition to electric mobility? I have a personal case in point.

In 2016, I bought a Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid with 27 miles of battery-only range. I paid, for the time, a hefty $37,000 for it (I hadn't discovered Tesla yet). Hyundai discontinued this PHEV in 2019 as sales volumes, which weren't particularly high, kept falling. In late 2022, with just 17,000 miles on the odometer and still under warranty, the Sonata's high voltage battery/BMS developed a fault that called for the battery to be replaced. The car sat for 7 months at my Hyundai dealership waiting for a replacement battery. Hyundai apparently had to go back to the battery supplier, LG Chem, to get a new batch of batteries manufactured (there were a number of similar battery failures in this vehicle).

The Hummer has a high MSRP, but I suspect that GM still loses money on every unit sold. No thanks.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡
Country flag
Can always get a used or new Lightning while waiting for the CT, Ford has some good deals right now with Dealers incentives and POS, and it’s a truck, if you need a 4 second 0-60 truck. LOL.

Tesla Cybertruck New GMC Hummer Omega throws down the gauntlet! IMG_1072
Sponsored

Last edited: