Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Ciao from Italy,
I preordered a Model 3, then did a test drive and realized it's damn too low to the ground. Iwas intrigued by CT since the reveal, so I have now switched to this beast, at least technically. Until we know wether there will be an european version or not (and, if so, how different it will be?)

Aloha from hawaii and benvenuto al club
Sponsored

Cyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
New member and happy to be here. I've been researching heavily a new overland vehicle and with all factors considered, I'm sticking with the Cybertruck. 16 inches of ground clearance with a 35-degree approach angle, and a 28-degree departure angle. I love it. I hope to contribute here where I can. I signed up really early (# ~100k) for the tri-motor, figuring I don't have much to lose.

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ml350
Occupation
Data Scientist
Country flag
Hi all!

I'm a new member from California hoping to one day own a Cybertruck. I'm a fervent car enthusiast who loves to drive and work on cars. That being said, I no longer find myself getting as excited for new vehicle unveilings (ICE or BEV) as I am about the Cybertruck. Originally I had some reservations about the design (unconventional looking hood, planar body etc.), but I now see those as enormous assets that I miss in regular car designs. I've come to love the long sloped a pillar design that gives so much passenger/storage space. I now realize the benefits of the exoskeleton platform which enables a tough exterior and is great for offroading/overlanding. It also enables the huge payload capacity and market beating price for the specs. Some things I look forward to include camping in the vault, carrying mountain bikes in an enclosed space, and going on long road trips with family in a very spacious crew cab interior. This is a vehicle I can own for a very long time at a low cost of ownership compared to similar vehicles.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Has anyone seen the "doco" with Ewan McGreor and friend doing a trip from Ter Del Fuargo to LA. I have watched the fir 5 eps. This has been a trip on my bucket list, but didn't have anyone to go with. I am interested to see how they get from sth Am. to Panama (there is a section through the sth end of the isthmus that has NO road or even track).
Rivian supplied 2 R1Ts and Harley 2 ebikes. Rivian also installed charges most of the way!!
Being e vehicles was a charging issue, but they all seemed to go well...except in the cold. Wouldn't even charge and also used more electrons. It was interesting to see the R1Ts being towed (by a prime mover) at one time to have the regen charge the batteries to get to the next station.
Anyone else watching this series?
Ashame the CT wasn't available.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wheres that doc on?
Netflix, Prime?
Apple TV.

And the chargers were provided by a third company: They left them on the route so vehicles with L2 charging can follow in their path. (And the L3 adapter for the Livewires they had in the truck was provided by yet another company! The guys I linked to who made a pizza from their bike: )

-Crissa

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
HEY NOW

I'm a new member here. Am not unfamiliar with online communities but am new to the EV/CT/anything-remotely-related-to-cool-vehicle-tech online community world.

I was late to the party for the CT, reserved mine as a future company vehicle (laughable I know) in May '20. Have maintained a relatively reserved, borderline skeptical, approach to the thought of owning this vehicle. Now, the anticipation is gaining a lot of momentum and I'm just now beginning to get that excitable "I think this is reality in a few years" mentality.

Can't wait to scratch that itch here on this great site. See you around!

bbostic5

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Civic, 2019 4Runner
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag
Hello,

New guy here. I'm a regular on the Bronco forums, but as I do more research, I'd like to get a Bronco for the wife and a Cybertruck for myself. Admittedly, I hated the design when I saw it, but it has actually grown on me over the last few months. I also love the practicality of it, I love how it goes completely against the grain of every other truck, and as I get older (30) and value my money more, the thought of not having an ignition/fuel/intake/exhaust system and anything else engine related to fail is very compelling. I'll miss the sound of a V8 though.

Anyways, happy to be a member here and hope to own a dual or tri motor version in the future!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hello,

New guy here. I'm a regular on the Bronco forums, but as I do more research, I'd like to get a Bronco for the wife and a Cybertruck for myself. Admittedly, I hated the design when I saw it, but it has actually grown on me over the last few months. I also love the practicality of it, I love how it goes completely against the grain of every other truck, and as I get older (30) and value my money more, the thought of not having an ignition/fuel/intake/exhaust system and anything else engine related to fail is very compelling. I'll miss the sound of a V8 though.

Anyways, happy to be a member here and hope to own a dual or tri motor version in the future!

Welcome aboard.
I must also admit that when I envision myself accelerating in the Cybertruck I hear an illusionary deep-throated roar. I’ll get over that almost as quickly as the real CT accelerates right after I take possession.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
CybrTrk reservation holder here, too. Hedging my bets, though
[/Quote
Glad you found the Cybertruck space, what is the other bet you are thinking of?

Tommyirish

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Ordered
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Nice forum, have my order in as well, not sure this is the correct place maybe someone
can direct me...My question is ..ordered the single motor, just due to the fact that had not
done all the research on the different motor options with the understanding that a change could be made before production, so now hearing that the 3 motor will be produced 1st then dual and maybe never the single...so where would I go to edit my order...Thanks really looking forward to driving this beast.
Sponsored