Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Went to a dealership yesterday to ask a couple of questions, but they had no clue. 1. is there a factory lumber rack accessory? 2. I use a 20,000 lb. winch a lot for my operation, Clean the Pacific. Will I be able to use my winch? Is there a Tesla winch?
I really doubt tesla is going to put effort towards a lumber rack, but they will surely have means to connect a lumber rack and you can expect that many companies will offer accessories like lumber racks soon after the truck starts to deliver.

These EV trucks are likely to see some of the heaviest winch capabilities ever seen. Tesla will very likely make sure the truck can accommodate a winch. Winches are electrically powered and they will have access to power that no ICE vehicle has been able to provide before.

There is no tesla winch to my knowledge today and I very much doubt that they will try to compete in the winch market.
Sponsored

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I really doubt tesla is going to put effort towards a lumber rack, but they will surely have means to connect a lumber rack and you can expect that many companies will offer accessories like lumber racks soon after the truck starts to deliver.

These EV trucks are likely to see some of the heaviest winch capabilities ever seen. Tesla will very likely make sure the truck can accommodate a winch. Winches are electrically powered and they will have access to power that no ICE vehicle has been able to provide before.

There is no tesla winch to my knowledge today and I very much doubt that they will try to compete in the winch market.
Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for your thoughts. It wouldn't be a factor on whether or not I buy the truck, I would fabricate my own lumber rack if I had to, just curious. Also, that's really good news about the winch. I have a non profit where I clean the coast of Hawaii Island and I frequently haul discarded commercial fishing tackle that weigh a ton, up cliffs.
Tesla Cybertruck New Members Welcome Area! DSCF1172.JPG

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
It would be nice if the CT came from the factory with a receiver hitch front and back.
You can mount a winch on a steel plate attached to a receiver tube and it could be used on either end to winch you out of trouble.
A set of high amp twelve volt outlets on each end would be great too. Imagine jumping an ICE vehicle off with your CT. Talk about adding insult to injury.:p
When I was in the Active Army in a Transportation unit we would salvage pintle hitches from wrecked vehicles and mount them on the front bumpers of a few trucks.
This was great for getting trailers into tight spots especially for soldiers with poor backing skills.

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
It would be nice if the CT came from the factory with a receiver hitch front and back.
You can mount a winch on a steel plate attached to a receiver tube and it could be used on either end to winch you out of trouble.
A set of high amp twelve volt outlets on each end would be great too. Imagine jumping an ICE vehicle off with your CT. Talk about adding insult to injury.:p
When I was in the Active Army in a Transportation unit we would salvage pintle hitches from wrecked vehicles and mount them on the front bumpers of a few trucks.
This was great for getting trailers into tight spots especially for soldiers with poor backing skills.
That's what I have now on my Jeep Grand Cherokee, custom front bumper with built in receiver. I also have a receiver on the tung of my trailer facing backwards, so I can winch loads into the trailer while it's connected to my truck.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
That's what I have now on my Jeep Grand Cherokee, custom front bumper with built in receiver. I also have a receiver on the tung of my trailer facing backwards, so I can winch loads into the trailer while it's connected to my truck.
Some of the posts here suggest a design conflict between two versions of the CT. One is a minimal-cost streamlined traveller that looks clean to the eye and the wind. The other is a Swiss-knife-like utility vehicle with various farm-tractor-like attachments or attachment-points front, back, and bed.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Some of the posts here suggest a design conflict between two versions of the CT. One is a minimal-cost streamlined traveller that looks clean to the eye and the wind. The other is a Swiss-knife-like utility vehicle with various farm-tractor-like attachments or attachment-points front, back, and bed.
I don't think front and back receiver hitches would be a lot of trouble to design in and install at the factory. They could be protected by a removable cover that would prevent aerodynamic issues.
Installing them post production by a third party could lead to a lot of issues. If the electrics for the rear hitch were factory you would not have to hack into a wiring harness to hook up lights or trailer brakes.
Having a 12 volt outlet to jump start other vehicles would be plus in my mind since we will still have several ICE vehicles for a while.
Anytime you hack into a stock wiring system you set yourself up for failure. I have worked behind a lot of shade tree mechanics and electricians and some of their work was downright dangerous.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hello all, glad to join your forum. I’ve owned hybrids (2 Prius) previously and 2 plug-ins previously (a Plug-in Prius and a Volt) but never a full EV. Well yesterday both my father and I placed an order for a cybertruck. We both went with the Tri-Motor for the range though he didn’t opt for FSD, I did.

Anyways, we know our wait will be long but it’ll be good spending the time here with you all.
Dig your avatar, too. How curious that your father, who would might have more of a need for FSD didn't order it, but you did. What a paradox.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Dig your avatar, too. How curious that your father, who would might have more of a need for FSD didn't order it, but you did. What a paradox.
Thanks as well and I agree, I’ve been trying to sell him on FSD but he’s just not having it. Honestly though, it may be for the better. He’s in his early 70’s but he has absolutely no skills when it comes to technology. Him and my mom let technology completely pass them by so just him learning from me how to manage most functions through the 17” touch screen should be an interesting exercise…

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for your thoughts. It wouldn't be a factor on whether or not I buy the truck, I would fabricate my own lumber rack if I had to, just curious. Also, that's really good news about the winch. I have a non profit where I clean the coast of Hawaii Island and I frequently haul discarded commercial fishing tackle that weigh a ton, up cliffs.
DSCF1172.JPG
I think Tesla is being quiet about some of the changes it’s making because it’s tired of watching other vendors try to one up them and steal the spotlight. I am sure you will be blown away at what the final version of the CT is like

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m willing to buy a pickup truck from BYD. The Electric Viking on You Tube talked me into buying BYDDY stocks. Now, my bias is with both Tesla and BYD.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just remember people buy a Tesla to avoid being harassed going through a car dealership process.