Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2021 F150 Powerboost hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck New Rivian configurations, lower prices Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 5.28.13 PM
Tesla Cybertruck New Rivian configurations, lower prices Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 5.28.28 PM
Sponsored

Thatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Rivian likely having significant issues moving their top-end 100K+ R1Ss...their website has quite a few in inventory...wall street thinks they may have a "Demand Problem."

YDR37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Another possible factor is that Rivian is gearing up for their second-generation products (to be called, not suprisingly, the R2S and R2T). The formal announcement is scheduled for March 7, though I wouldn't expect the new models to be available for purchase until late 2025 at the earliest.

Rivian claims to be targeting the $40,000 to $60,000 price range with the R2 (and that is before the $7500 tax subsidy). In the meantime, they probably need to keep R1 prices low to minimize the potential "Osborne effect" (where customers decide to wait for a new product, instead of buying now). More info here.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Trying to put pressure on Tesla! Good they need it. 80k CT here we come

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The first adopters have already adopted.

It's going to be tough going for Rivian until the more affordable R2 goes into production.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
OP
OP
rbrak29

rbrak29

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2021 F150 Powerboost hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rivian...reduce the price of the Max pack please, then maybe we can talk.

I think the R1T with the Standard pack or Standard+ and the $3750 rebate competes well with the Lightning.

Elon is going to milk the Foundation Series for all its worth. 80K CT is a long way off.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Rivian...reduce the price of the Max pack please, then maybe we can talk.

I think the R1T with the Standard pack or Standard+ and the $3750 rebate competes well with the Lightning.

Elon is going to milk the Foundation Series for all its worth. 80K CT is a long way off.
Standard+ pack rivian dual motor performance competes spec for spec with dual motor CT. (Aside from like interior space) and it beats it in speed.

CT edges it out slightly with range but we all know how Tesla estimates range.

And if you wanted to swap those compromises you can get on paper better range and slower speed for 79k with dual motor + large pack

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
I suspect you're wrong.
I hope so, I’m all in TSLA. So I figure if an R1S is tempting me, it’s got to be very tempting to others.
X is awesome, but it’s about $4,000 to expensive in the 7 seat configuration. I dive a Y P and love it. But it’s just too small in the 7 seat configuration. I tried to make that work, but I guess my kids are too big. It really puts the R1s in a sweet spot that Tesla doesn’t currently operate in.

Thatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I seriously considered the R1S and think its a great vehicle., especially if you only need to charge it at home. However, for long trips requiring SCs, I have serious reservations about when Rivians will be able to fully utilize all SCs, especially considering the charge port location on Rivians (front Left) and SW integration, things that are seemless with my current M3. Another big question is where will Rivian be in the next several years as they are burning cash at a really high rate and need to scale fast to get onto more favorable cost curves. Rivian's new models will be built in GA at a factory that is not built yet. I really hope that Rivian grows to be another great EV company. However, everyone remembers how uncertain Tesla's future was just 5-7 years ago.
Sponsored