Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Muros Trustworthy

Rivian is now under some legal problems

Any price increase wipes out all Rivian pre orders and sinks Rivan stock. Even bigger problems with IPO stockholders is they cannot sell IPO stock for 1-2 years. IPO stockholders are stuck. Their only out is legal before the doors close.
Truth
With 0 pre orders is Rivian a Zombie company?

RIVN LAWSUIT ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky Notifies Rivian Automotive, Inc. Investors of a Class Action Lawsuit and Upcoming Deadline (prnewswire.com)
Ugh, I worked at a bank disbursement department. These lawsuits used to be super-common and super corrupt.

I hate that the SEC and judges still allow it, too.

Yes, there needs to be some protection, but often... did you look at the class definition for the disbursement after the '420' remark? They didn't have to prove any damages, and a judge just rubber-stamped it. It's a very narrow payoff for some speculator rather than the standard investor who would have, say, believed Elon's comment and held. No, it's going to those who didn't believe and sold off or had options exercised that month.

Super-corrupt.

This is an argument 'what did they know and when did they know it' legalized extortion.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
His old vehicle was a Wrangler.

I imagine the difference between the ride quality and overall finish of the Rivian versus a Wrangler is pretty massive.

The Rivian is going to be awesome for most people. It is a fantastic vehicle. If it wasnā€™t for the price (and the weirdness around manufacture rate), Iā€™d be seriously looking at them too.
Rivian is still forced to use a less-than-reliable charging network, right?

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It did, didn't it? After I saw that I wondered if maybe Sandy will bail on the CT altogether.
Naw, once he gets the final product... He's always been a conservative guy, and the Rivian is the conservative choice (if you have the money).

The Cybertruck will make the Rivian look namby-pamby, and we all know what he thinks of those words.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Naw, once he gets the final product... He's always been a conservative guy, and the Rivian is the conservative choice (if you have the money).

The Cybertruck will make the Rivian look namby-pamby, and we all know what he thinks of those words.

-Crissa
I am still hopeful, but like everyone here I am pretty tired of the wait. Thank goodness I bit the bullet and bought a Model Y earlier this month, but I have to say that it isn't the panacea I hoped it would be, because I still worry about people banging their doors into me and I still have cargo issues, both of which would be eliminated with the Cybertruck. I wish that Elon would put Cybertruck at the front of the 'importance' queue.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I am still hopeful, but like everyone here I am pretty tired of the wait. Thank goodness I bit the bullet and bought a Model Y earlier this month, but I have to say that it isn't the panacea I hoped it would be, because I still worry about people banging their doors into me and I still have cargo issues, both of which would be eliminated with the Cybertruck. I wish that Elon would put Cybertruck at the front of the 'importance' queue.
ALMOST THIS.

I have wanted an electric vehicle for decades but they used to be generally sucky vehicles. Then I started seeing some that could be interesting in certain situations but the cost was still too high for me to pay for a niche application. Then along came the Tesla Roadster and boy did I ever drool but the cost was too high for my budget. And then the MX; still too expensive. But I kept learning more and more about what Tesla was doing and I started wanting one as a replacement for what I currently drive instead of just as an extra vehicle for partial use. The cost was still considerable though so I would need to wait till my current vehicle expired.

And then I found the Cybertruck on opening day. OMG everything changed. Suddenly I could get a vehicle that not only would do nearly everything I needed on the day-to-day level of hauling family, it would also enable things I had only been fantasizing about. It would also remove nearly all the general annoyances I have with vehicles in general. It would also protect itself from the normal old wear and tear of daily living (somehow my current vehicle is now a scratch and dent special even though none of it happened while I was in or around the vehicle). And it would have all sorts of futuristic tech. Plus features that make one want to burst in euphoria. It just gets better and better. Suddenly there was a vehicle that I was willing to buy multiple of and replace all the vehicles we currently use.

But of course, it isn't in my driveway yet. I practically have waking euphoric fantasies about what life will be like with my CT. But from a practical stance, I get why my CT has not arrived. It is completely acceptable to me that it hasn't shipped. I see what is happening and have no expectation that I will get mine in the next 2 years. It's all ok. That just gives my Tesla stock more time to appreciate and let me purchase with actual cash. But boy, these fantasies are getting under my skin.

No-ICE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Tundra
Country flag
Seeing and reading all the glowing reviews of the Rivian R1T makes me even more excited about the CT. Why? Because Tesla will not let any Truck out class their CT.

N.ICE

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seeing and reading all the glowing reviews of the Rivian R1T makes me even more excited about the CT. Why? Because Tesla will not let any Truck out class their CT.

N.ICE
Iā€™m sure the Cybertruckā€™s specs will be fine. Iā€™ve driven a Tesla, they know how to make great vehicles. I donā€™t want them to get hung up on door flashlights and gee gaws to one up Hummer and Rivian. Just a good solid truck. The Model 3 isnā€™t as fast as the Porsche Taycan.

There is really only one which I hope they completely crush everyone on and that is price.

Anyone can make a Supertruck. Itā€™s tough to make a rad etruck for a great price.

I know thatā€™s repeating what Musk saidā€¦ but weā€™ve already seen lots of interesting trucks for too much money. Want to see Tesla flex here.

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag

N.ICE
Of course all of this is speculation since we haven't seen much on CT for awhile, but most would agree that Tesla has delivered on most of the specs in the past so it is reasonable that they will deliver most of the specs in the future. I'm sure Tesla will design CT to compete with the other EV trucks, but I don't think R1T and CT are going to be direct competitors. The R1T is not a full size truck and CT will be. R1T's bed is too short to make it a good buy for a work truck. Full size trucks generally don't make as good offroaders as smaller vehicles. Setting aside the die hard Tesla and anti-Tesla crowds, when they get compared in the real world I'm pretty sure the R1T is going to be a better play truck and the CT is going to be a better work truck and a better EV in terms of efficiency and charging curve. I believe that the dual motor CT will be one of the best values of any EV when released - I think the fewer parts and Teslas better batteries will keep costs down.

I have orders for both R1T and CT and can't wait until I actually have to make a decision on which one will be better for me.

In respect to Munro, for those who haven't watched many of his videos, he really likes most things about Tesla. His appreciation of the R1T is not rooted in any sort of anti-Tesla bias. You can find a lot of videos where he talks about Tesla's lead in batteries and motors (which is why I think CT will be a better EV than any other EV truck).

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Looked like a product promotion to me.
This video could have very well been. Munro seemed less objective than usual; could have been due to his overall excitement of a new truck.

While I've learned a lot from him and his team there have been a few videos that I question the value of having; namely the interview with Faraday Future, Quantumscape, and Rich Rebuilds (?).

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I was in Nashville with the family doing a pretty basic hiking trail. Happened to be parked in a spot next to an ev charge parking spot. When I first got there, a model 3 was on my left. When we got back, the slot was empty but here comes a Rivian truck. I said to my wife "baby baby look a Rivian!" Lol my wife "huh?"

I was surprised at how small it looked - it was maybe a little bigger than a Ford Ranger with a nice opaque color like they put on the new Broncos. I gotta say - the CT looked even better to me after that day imo I mean it just screams "TAKE ME PLACES - I WONT CHIP OR RUST".

Hawkskier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have not seen reliable information about size changes. Lots of people trying to measure it in weird ways, but nothing solid at all.

The wiper and the mirrors are not extravagances or add-ons. They are legal requirements. And in the case of the wiper, quite necessary.
Is the wiper really necessary? I wish I could find the youtube video from someone who said the glass they were using is very smooth. Like have a fresh coat of rainX applied weekly. If so, a wiper is only needed to remove snow and mud. So maybe the big and ugly wiper is manually removed and stowed until you need it for mud or snow?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Is the wiper really necessary? I wish I could find the youtube video from someone who said the glass they were using is very smooth. Like have a fresh coat of rainX applied weekly. If so, a wiper is only needed to remove snow and mud. So maybe the big and ugly wiper is manually removed and stowed until you need it for mud or snow?
Yes it is necessary. You canā€™t know ahead of time if youā€™re gonna get sprayed by the splash from another car going though a mud puddle or something like that. Wiper is a safety device. Saying you can remove it and only put it on when needed is like saying Iā€˜m not going to wear my seatbelt today because I donā€™t plan on getting into an accident.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yes it is necessary. You canā€™t know ahead of time if youā€™re gonna get sprayed by the splash from another car going though a mud puddle or something like that. Wiper is a safety device. Saying you can remove it and only put it on when needed is like saying Iā€˜m not going to wear my seatbelt today because I donā€™t plan on getting into an accident.
I never plan on getting in an accident. Waitā€¦ there was that timeā€¦ I better not say any more.
Sponsored