Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is the wiper really necessary? I wish I could find the youtube video from someone who said the glass they were using is very smooth. Like have a fresh coat of rainX applied weekly. If so, a wiper is only needed to remove snow and mud. So maybe the big and ugly wiper is manually removed and stowed until you need it for mud or snow?
I’ve heard something about the glass being slippery too. I’m pretty sure the wiper is a legal thing even if it’s not actually needed.

In order for Autopilot of FSD to work, you need the windows clean. So if your car gets dirty you need a wiper to get out and squeegee the window or you lose Autopilot, FSD, and Traffic Aware Cruise Control.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If we take out the windscreen, we don't need a wiper.

And laugh not !!!!!

1. Invisibility tech can wrap(recreate) the front image on the back. This LED can serve as the glass, but it can be as dirty as it likes on the other side.

2. With FSD, we don’t care. It can be a movie screen.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
It did, didn't it? After I saw that I wondered if maybe Sandy will bail on the CT altogether.
Sandy is an Engineer’s best friend. Rivian cannot be accused of copying BrandX. Rivian have brought a great deal of ground truth engineering to the truck market with four wheel drive motors. It was a pretty bold move in an engineering coup de grace.

Even Elon complimented Rivian with his Quad Cybertruck after launch switch’o changeo. I admire what they’ve done with a pickup. It commendable Sandy would recognize, promote and attest to what good engineering looks like. It may be HIS perfect embodiment of a pickup. But its prolly not quid pro quo advertising. No, I think this Rivian girl stole his heart.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Spotted a Rivian in drab green passing by while I was at Circle-K today. Yes, I saved the dash cam footage.

Nice looking truck! Bed is too short.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Spotted a Rivian in drab green passing by while I was at Circle-K today. Yes, I saved the dash cam footage.

Nice looking truck! Bed is too short.
I like that color a lot, that’s the color Munro got I think.

It’s also like a $2500 upgrade.

It will likely look pretty crappy after a few trips up forest roads. I felt bad taking my Subaru up there and it’s 10 years old.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I like that color a lot, that’s the color Munro got I think.

It’s also like a $2500 upgrade.

It will likely look pretty crappy after a few trips up forest roads. I felt bad taking my Subaru up there and it’s 10 years old.
One reason I like the CT. No worry or bad feels about taking a paint-covered car out into the brush. Additionally, no worry about "rubbing up" against something to cause dents.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, rubbing up will still scratch the plastic, and you won't want to hit anything metal as it'll leave bits of rust, but...

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'd be careful who you are rubbing up to.

You could get a dent where it hurts.

:)