Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Sure. It is literally a switch. It will be on all cars. Not just the ones rolling off. Really suspect by that comment. I would think one knows that was how dog mode etc. was enabled. They didn't leave anyone out. Tesla Roadsters don't count...
Really suspect? Throwing a tantrum? You aren't a very kind forum participant. How dare anybody challenge the CT.
Sponsored

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Really suspect? Throwing a tantrum? You aren't a very kind forum participant. How dare anybody challenge the CT.
Not a challenge, but really. You are pissed. Maybe wanted more. Yet that is the reason. Overheat protection as it is not enabled? Be strong brother. Find a better hill to go out on when you cancel. Like go over the hill blazing with a flag in that horse and say. Charge!

Sure. I won't kick sand in your sandbox. Never did. Just playing cards. Call a spade a spade. Peeing all over others sandbox based on what isn't reality. You know and I know that overheat protection is going to be enabled. Gigantic window. That's how I see it.
Tesla Cybertruck No Cabin Overheat Protection? spad

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am interested to hear peoples' thoughts on why they would release it without COP? I live in Florida and it is a great feature.

48 volt architecture? Probably not as you can manually turn on air etc it seems.

Are they having difficulty with software to turn on the sensor without burning too much battery? It seems like some people have reported increase passive battery burn compared to other Teslas and it seems sentry mode may use more battery as well.

I can understand why autopilot and fsd and even vision 3d parking arent out yet given size of truck and the fact that ride height adjustment, front camera etc may require better camera calibration yada yada yada.

COP seems like low hanging fruit. Even lock sounds weren't there initially so it is puzzling.

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I am interested to hear peoples' thoughts on why they would release it without COP? I live in Florida and it is a great feature.

48 volt architecture? Probably not as you can manually turn on air etc it seems.

Are they having difficulty with software to turn on the sensor without burning too much battery? It seems like some people have reported increase passive battery burn compared to other Teslas and it seems sentry mode may use more battery as well.

I can understand why autopilot and fsd and even vision 3d parking arent out yet given size of truck and the fact that ride height adjustment, front camera etc may require better camera calibration yada yada yada.

COP seems like low hanging fruit. Even lock sounds weren't there initially so it is puzzling.
Careful, Outdoors will call you a spade!
Just joking, @Outdoors!
In all seriousness, I'm not pissed. I never said that. I said that COP was the straw that broke the camel's back for me personally (or death by a thousand cuts if that collequialism fits better for some). I get it, hold strong, Tesla is going to change the world. And they already have! But for me personally, it's likely a wait and see thing at this point. Or I'll get a VIN assigned tomorrow and the kid in me will act like it's Christmas morning and I'll buy the damn thing anyways.
At risk of being labeled a poser (again), I'm actually looking at a buddies Rivian R1T and considering it...

Edited to add... I wonder if R1T has COP? Lol

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C

Every Tesla has burned more at launch. Check up load and download on router. Cars in early period upload huge amounts of data.

If you bought a Tesla in the middle of cycle items are 99% there. Early adopters have to wait for them to be turned on. Tesla doesn't operate in model cycles.

Example. Here is your car. It is all your going to get and nothing else added. That is old car speak.

New car speak is. Here is your car. We are giving it to you now because you want it. You didn't want to wait for a test drive. You wanted it early. Some of the stuff isn't there yet. It will be like other Tesla's. Oh you want a firm date. Well you can go on to the other place where the navigation system is updated every 3 years at a dealership. We are what we are.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Careful, Outdoors will call you a spade!
Just joking, @Outdoors!
In all seriousness, I'm not pissed. I never said that. I said that COP was the straw that broke the camel's back for me personally (or death by a thousand cuts if that collequialism fits better for some). I get it, hold strong, Tesla is going to change the world. And they already have! But for me personally, it's likely a wait and see thing at this point. Or I'll get a VIN assigned tomorrow and the kid in me will act like it's Christmas morning and I'll buy the damn thing anyways.
At risk of being labeled a poser (again), I'm actually looking at a buddies Rivian R1T and considering it...

Edited to add... I wonder if R1T has COP? Lol
You will buy it. You are a kid. Can't wait to see Tesla grin 5.

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Grin 6 if you count the giant one from the panels and power walls a few years ago!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Yup. This will be my 5th Tesla. I'm used to things being improved as they go. I'm as big as Tesla fanboi as the next guy. But this is sub-par, even for Tesla standards. My first Tesla was a 2014 Model S. At that time, everything they did was magical. Today, they keep taking away capabilities and hinting that we're 2 weeks away from having something so much better.
I suspect Tesla does it this way on purpose. Hear me out, I'm being 100% rational and serious here.

They know there will be unlimited demand for the Cybertruck at first, they don't need to stoke demand. Tesla doesn't spend money on advertising in the same way that legacy auto does, billions of dollars per year (that their customers end up paying for). If Tesla released Cybertuck with Cabin Overheat Protection from the get-go, no one would even comment on it. Instead, they let people get riled up, and then, right when the hot weather is arriving, they release it for free. All of a sudden everyone and their brother writes an article about Tesla finally releasing Cabin Overheat Protection. Free publicity.

That's gets people thinking, "cool, I don't have Cabin Overheat Protection in my car, I could have used that yesterday, hmmm...."

People tend to forget that Tesla is the only auto manufacturer in the world that has the best-selling car globally, for 2023. The media doesn't like to tell you this, so no worries if you forgot. But it's no an accident that the Model Y outsells every car and truck in the world, they know what they are doing and how to achieve their goals at the lowest cost. And that's how they can offer the most value. Sure, a luxury buyer can afford to spend a lot more to get exactly what they think they want, but most people have to buy a car that offers them the most value.

People who have never run an auto company think you win by having the perfect car. But Elon Musk has the most years experience running an auto company of any CEO in the world. That doesn't make him perfect, it only makes him the most experienced. And he knows the way to win is to offer the most value. The way you do that is to make the best products you can for the least amount of money. One facet of that stategy is to get as much free advertising as possible. By releasing the car without Cabin Overheat Protection, Tesla kills two birds with one stone:

1) First a bunch of Tesla fans moan and groan about how Tesla really dropped the ball here. How unacceptable it is to leave out Cabin Overheat Protection. That makes non-Tesla owner's aware of how nice it is to have Cabin Overheat Protection and what an important feature it is to have.

2) Then, when Tesla releases it, the media can't help but digging for clicks, even though they don't want to help Tesla out, now they have something to write about the fact that Tesla just released an OTA software update that contains Cabin Overheat Protection in the Cybertuck. It costs Tesla nothing for all that free publicity. That's how they went from a scrappy start-up to a major threat to every OEM in existance. It's a strategy that works, and Tesla is very driven by what actually works, not by how their customers think they should run the company.

In the end, it benefits their customers by allowing Tesla to sell at higher volumes and lower prices. Other automakers cannot compete with that. Because value. It hurts advertising agencies and the very media outlets that are trying to slow them down by tricking them into giving Tesla free publicity and starving them of revenue from the fastest growing auto company in the West. Media gets a large portion of their revenue from auto makers and Tesla gives them essentially zero. That's what people mean when they say Elon plays 3D chess while every one else is busy playing a friendly game of checkers with their customers to make them happy.

I'm not saying this to defend Tesla, some people will still think Tesla is playing unfairly, that it's despicable to not put their customers first. But Tesla knows they have to put themselves first, as well as their future customers first (by creating value out of thin air). I'm saying it because it's how Tesla is winning. In the bigger picture, they know what matters and what doesn't. Tesla fans can bitch and moan all they want, and that just helps Tesla win bigger by making people aware of what an indispensable feature Cabin Overheat Protection really is.

So, bitch and moan all you want Tesla fans, just know that you are helping Tesla win. Because Cabin Overheat Protection is coming before even 1% of future Cybertruck owners take their first Cybertruck delivery. If you don't like it, step aside and let those of us who know what's going on, take delivery in front of you!

Last edited:

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect Tesla does it this way on purpose. Hear me out, I'm being 100% rational and serious here.

They know there will be unlimited demand demand for the Cybertruck at first, they don't need to stoke demand. Tesla doesn't spend money on advertising in the same way that legacy auto does, billions of dollars per year (that their customers end up paying for). If Tesla released Cybertuck with Cabin Overheat Protection from the get-go, no one would even comment on it. Instead, they let people get riled up, and then, right when the hot weather is arriving, they release it for free. All of a sudden everyone and their brother writes an article about Tesla finally releasing Cabin Overheat Protection. Free publicity.

That's gets people thinking, "cool, I don't have Cabin Overheat Protection in my car, I could have used that yesterday, hmmm...."

People tend to forget that Tesla is the only auto manufacturer in the world that has the best-selling car globally, for 2023. The media doesn't like to tell you this, so no worries if you forgot. But it's no an accident that the Model Y outsells every car and truck in the world, they know what they are doing and how to achieve their goals at the lowest cost. And that's how they can offer the most value. Sure, a luxury buyer can afford to spend a lot more to get exactly what they think they want, but most people have to buy a car that offers them the most value.

People who have never run an auto company think you win by having the perfect car. But Elon Musk has the most years experience running an auto company of any CEO in the world. That doesn't make him perfect, it only makes him the most experienced. And he knows the way to win is to offer the most value. The way you do that is to make the best products you can for the least amount of money. One facet of that stategy is to get as much free advertising as possible. By releasing the car with Cabin Overheat Protection Tesla kills two birds with one stoe:

1) First a bunch of Tesla fans moan and groan about how Tesla really dropped the ball here. How unacceptable it is to leave out Cabin Overheat Protection. That makes non-Tesla owner's aware of how nice it is to have Cabin Overheat Protection and what an important feature it is to have.

2) Then, when Tesla releases it, the media can't help but digging for clicks, even though they don't want to help Tesla out, now they have something to write about the fact that Tesla just released an OTA software update that contains Cabin Overheat Protection in the Cybertuck. It costs Tesla nothing for all that free publicity. That's how they went from a scrappy start-up to a major threat to every OEM in existance. It's a strategy that works, and Tesla is very driven by what actually works, not by how their customers think they should run the company.

In the end, it benefits their customers by allowing Tesla to sell at higher volumes and lower prices. Other automakers cannot compete with that. Because value. It hurts advertising agencies and the very media outlets that are trying to slow them down by tricking them into giving Tesla free publicity and starving them of revenue from the fastest growing auto company in the West. Media gets a large protion of their revenue from auto makers and Tesla gives them essentially zero. That's what people mean when they say Elon plays 3D chess while every one else is busy playing a friendly game of checkers with their customers to make them happy.

I'm not saying this to defend Tesla, some people will still think Tesla is playing unfairly, that it's despicable to not put their customers first. But Tesla knows they have to put themselves first, as well as their future customers first (by creating value out of thin air). I'm saying it because it's how Tesla is winning. In the bigger picture, they know what matters and what doesn't. Tesla fans can bitch and moan all they want, and that just helps Tesla win bigger by making people aware of what an indispensable feature Cabin Overheat Protection really is.

So, bitch and moan all you want Tesla fans, just know that you are helping Tesla win. Because Cabin Overheat Protection is coming before even 1% of future Cybertruck owners take their first Cybertruck delivery. If you don't like it, step aside and let those of us who know what's going on, take delivery in front of you!

As Ron Burgundy said, "compelling and rich."

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It must be terrible to be allergic to yourself!

I'm just helping people with open minds make sense of things that appear to not make sense on their face. I didn't create the life I live by not understanding how the world works. Not bragging here, just saying, the brain is an amazing tool, learn how to use it and prosper.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Cabin overheat is to protect the interior components of the car. Electrical screens, seats, etc.

Cabin overheat is not preconditioning ones cabin for use. Nor is it keeping one's pet comfortable.

If you are in the car cabin overheat could make you overheat as it wasn't designed for passenger comfort. It was designed for component longevity.

Camp Mode
Keep Mode
Dog Mode

Those might be better options for personal comfort. Keeping a car at 75 all day in the sun. Let me know how that works for ya.
Sponsored