Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I ran into a friend today that knows someone that works at Tesla. He is a nice guy but clearly didn't know much about the CT. The friend told him that the CT will never see production and credited the Rivian as the primary 'killer'. Now, I do not know what might motivate a Tesla employee to even hint such a thing, and I do not know what might have been lost in translation, but it did shake me up a bit. I know I am talking with 'the faithful' but have any of you heard or sniffed anything like this?
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I ran into a friend today that knows someone that works at Tesla. He is a nice guy but clearly didn't know much about the CT. The friend told him that the CT will never see production and credited the Rivian as the primary 'killer'. Now, I do not know what might motivate a Tesla employee to even hint such a thing, and I do not know what might have been lost in translation, but it did shake me up a bit. I know I am talking with 'the faithful' but have any of you heard or sniffed anything like this?
I have heard nothing, but he “works at Tesla” is such a broad statement. Does he work as a designer or the janitor? Is he head of product development or the 3rd assistant to the junior secretary of hubcap acquisition? You said yourself he didn’t know much about the Cybertruck so why are you wasting time, emotional currency or thread space even believing him that it might, maybe, in some alternate universe be true?

Cybertruck is Musk’s baby. You don’t kill your baby because an inferior product rolled 1 copy off the line before you did.

Smoke some of your medicinal marijuana and relax.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have heard nothing, but he “works at Tesla” is such a broad statement. Does he work as a designer or the janitor? Is he head of product development or the 3rd assistant to the junior secretary of hubcap acquisition. You said yourself he didn’t know much about the Cybertruck so why are you wasting time, emotional currency or thread space even believing him that it might, maybe, in some alternate universe be true?

Cybertruck is Musk’s baby. You don’t kill your baby because an inferior product rolled 1 copy off the line before you did.

Smoke some of your medicinal marijuana and relax.
I agree with you of course, maybe it wasn't my day. I have since asked my friend the same questions. It was not the right context this afternoon to ask.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The friend told him that the CT will never see production and credited the Rivian as the primary 'killer'.
Tesla just released a video 2 days ago which has 2 employees wearing Cybertruck shirts and has a huge Cybertruck glass panel. The panel was clearly meant to be seen and identified. It wasn't a coincidence that it appeared in a video where 2 guys were wearing Cybertruck shirts.

Elon mentioned it at their last earnings call.

Elon mentioned it in response to comments on AI Day.

Elon talks about it more often and with way more animation than he talks about any other car, including the roadster. They delayed the roaster to prioritize the Cybertruck.

They have over a million orders.

I don't think we have anything to worry about.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
If that shook you up my only question to you is whether your middle name is "Gullible".

Seriously, it doesn't take being part of "the faithful" for such statements to elicit hilarious laughter. All it takes is an ability to parse the facts we have at our disposal. Especially the part about Rivian being the primary killer. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I have to question the sincerity of anyone giving this even a sliver of credibility as all the facts point strongly in the opposite direction.

People that run the largest steel mills in the world are not known for being gullible and yet there is a huge, multi-billion dollar facility nearing completion as we speak that is being built to supply Tesla with large orders of cold-rolled stainless steel. SpaceX will need some too but not nearly as much as Tesla.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I call BS.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Materiality principle. If a line of business will not see the light of day and an officer of the corporation deceives the public - e.g. No CT - than that officer gets an unfriendly call from the SEC. Say the stock will go private at 420, get a call. Say you have future capacity in a tweet, get a call. Say the "stock is too high imo", lose the chairman of the board seat. And, if you say that CT is a yes when it is fact a no, you get a call as well as a class again lawsuit.

Maybe..."Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.". Must be serious.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
SpaceX will need more of the stainless steel than Tesla, I think, in the end. They need up to twenty Starships per Starship that goes to Mars.

-Crissa
Perhaps, I'm not willing to project out more than 5 or 7 years at the most.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Say what? You're trying to say Tesla asked for $100 deposits from over one million people only to pull a Rosanne Rosanna Danna, and say "NEVER MIND".

I don't think so. :ROFLMAO:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Say the stock will go private at 420, get a call.
They ultimately bought Lucid at that price point. So the buyer was real.

Say you have future capacity in a tweet, get a call.
The future capacity happened as he predicted it.

Say the "stock is too high imo", lose the chairman of the board seat.
That was a reasonable interpretation of traditional stock pricing, no stock holders were injured (the stock is higher today).

Seems like the SEC likes to pull the trigger whether or not the statements were true.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Not even going to sweat it. I talked directly to a guy who works for a tailor who has a neighbor whose nephew used to work at the roach coach that feeds the Austin Terafactory, and it's official: Cybertruck is happening.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It’s on the Tesla main website. They are going to build that truck. Sounds like rumors to me

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Not even going to sweat it. I talked directly to a guy who works for a tailor who has a neighbor whose nephew used to work at the roach coach that feeds the Austin Terafactory, and it's official: Cybertruck is happening.
The roach coach man knows all
Sponsored