Benefit to unpainted CT. I don’t like paint on trucks. I use Linex, no paint no scratches.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My entire use case for pickup trucks involves going places where they will probably get scratched up so… yes. Though I wouldn’t buy a newer model traditional pickup. I owned a 2002 Tundra (sold prematurely :cry:) which I have taken along some of these routes, but not having to worry about paint I will certainly push deeper and less cautiously.
When I bought a new F-150, I just said "it's a truck" and didn't worry about it. Now that we've had the truck 12 plus years, it really doesn't matter. It's worth what it's worth and a few scratches isn't going to change it much. It will be replaced by the Cybertruck and I'm glad I didn't worry about scratches all those years.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When I bought a new F-150, I just said "it's a truck" and didn't worry about it. Now that we've had the truck 12 plus years, it really doesn't matter. It's worth what it's worth and a few scratches isn't going to change it much. It will be replaced by the Cybertruck and I'm glad I didn't worry about scratches all those years.
When I owned a pickup, it was generally only driven to trails or trailwork so buying a new truck seemed like a huge extravagance, particularly since it was bound to get beat up and dirty regardless. The Cybertruck is a huge extravagance, but IMO worth it and won’t get beat up. I hope the interior is as durable as the exterior.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A beat-up truck has character. It has lived its life.

I literally hugged my Maverick when I sold it.
Sponsored