Nobody noticed payload was reduced by 1000lb?

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Yes we did and discussed it when the poster that said it was 2500 pounds was put online last week. The extra payload puts it into heavy duty truck category. You may have noticed Elon today said it could do more than 2500. They just won’t rate it for more for vehicle classification.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Yes we did and discussed it when the poster that said it was 2500 pounds was put online last week. The extra payload puts it into heavy duty truck category. You may have noticed Elon today said it could do more than 2500. They just won’t rate it for more for vehicle classification.

And elon almost surely introduced a lawsuit into the mix the first time someone goes hog wild scrapping brake rotors or kills somebody with bunch of busted concrete in the back

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
I’m waiting for his “hail proof” claim to bite him in the ass one day. Every year here in north Texas I see a hailstorm produce a baseball sized ones that go through windows. Armored glass or not I bet you its going to crack.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
That must mean you didn't notice the towing now being 14k either? Lol

We've been on that for weeks

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The lower specs are still well in my acceptable range. For my 7500lb RV, Tow ball weight, passenger weight, and range extender weight... still have plenty enough for general cargo (I hope)

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I’m waiting for his “hail proof” claim to bite him in the ass one day. Every year here in north Texas I see a hailstorm produce a baseball sized ones that go through windows. Armored glass or not I bet you its going to crack.
I didn't know hail was categorized similar to hurricanes. Fine print says hail proof to category 4. What category are softball size Texas hail, anyone know?

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
The scale goes up to 4 which is rated to a 2” steel ball being dropped and impacting at terminal velocity. So if it’s a 4” piece of hail it’s still in the same class. On a rare occasion hail can go through the roof into your house.
Sponsored