NOT A GOOD WAY TO START THE YEAR! 7K-10k?? (with no changes)

Grock2020

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 motor Full self driving
Country flag
FSD on my pre-orders jumped from 7K-10k (with no changes during price hikes)
I had NO price changes to my pre-orders when FSD went up to 7.5k or 8k but now my pre-orders show 10k for FSD. On one pre-order , the one for my wife, we did upgrade, online, from a single motor to a dual motor. FSD was 7k at the time of the change. Now on both pre-orders it show FSD at 10k.
Can anyone help?
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
apparently the thought is, its just not updating properly... if you already have it locked on your order then you are locked in at that price (whatever is was, 8k for me)

Crissa on here said its CA law that they have to sell it at that price.

but honestly im suspicious and think they might try to get away with not selling at at the price when you preordered. if so, im not buying the truck, or a tesla.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
lookin at the tesla preorder agreement...

"Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees.The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change. "

seems to me, they can change whatever price they want no issues, legally

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They cannot, without violating California law. You cannot say one thing and then change it.

That says the total price may be different, as will the fees and taxes and options we haven't yet been allowed to select.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Grock2020

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 motor Full self driving
Country flag
lookin at the tesla preorder agreement...

"Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees.The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change. "

seems to me, they can change whatever price they want no issues, legally
Thanks for the info. The price for FSD is locked in at the time of ordering, is this correct?
or is the FSD price just an estimate at the time of ordering ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info. The price for FSD is locked in at the time of ordering, is this correct?
The text on the web page says FSD is priced at the time of the pre-order, not at the time of delivery.

As I've said, they'd be in criminal trouble if it was not.

-Crissa

Deleted member 5322

I locked the price for FCD @7K, then I made a change from a single motor to a 3 motors. I did not touch FSD. I think the price is still 7K for it. Otherwise, I do not need this feature. I've been driving for 15 years without it and can do 20-50 years more. It is cool to have, but not life taking breeze.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
apparently the thought is, its just not updating properly... if you already have it locked on your order then you are locked in at that price (whatever is was, 8k for me)

Crissa on here said its CA law that they have to sell it at that price.

but honestly im suspicious and think they might try to get away with not selling at at the price when you preordered. if so, im not buying the truck, or a tesla.
If your order number hasn’t changed and your original email confirmation shows FSD I wouldn’t worry about it.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
The way Tesla had done this in the past for previous vehicles is that they honor the price of options when you put in your reservation. They could possibly force you to accept a higher price for FSD later if you change the configuration (i.e. going from Single motor to Dual motor). But past behavior is no guarantee of the future.

cyberforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
They cannot, without violating California law. You cannot say one thing and then change it.

That says the total price may be different, as will the fees and taxes and options we haven't yet been allowed to select.

-Crissa
What law is it? Sounds like the price is now 10k...

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I had NO price changes to my pre-orders when FSD went up to 7.5k or 8k but now my pre-orders show 10k for FSD. On one pre-order , the one for my wife, we did upgrade, online, from a single motor to a dual motor. FSD was 7k at the time of the change. Now on both pre-orders it show FSD at 10k.
Can anyone help?

I noticed this a couple months back and started a thread about it. Crissa and others posted some helpful information. Bottom line is that you will get the $7k or $8k FSD price depending on when you selected the option. Just keep a copy of that reservation email you received. No need to worry.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-else-have-their-fsd-option-now-say-8k.1891/

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I'm really not worried about $3k. Buying a $70k truck, that I figure will end up being $100k; $3k might be part of the $100k figured, or it may end up closer to $110k. I'm not going to stress it or stress anyone else from now until I get it, then complain for the next 10 years of ownership. You got what you got. Ante up or not. And fagetaboutit. peace

Edit: I say $100k due to wanting anything helpful toward overlanding and off-road (read their camper top, any tire/wheel size improvement, and solar). For all this, and whatever else, I expect about $100k. If it's less, sweet... that excess will go to the solar panels, inverter, controller, wiring, fuses, batteries, etc for the house.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Can anyone help?
Correct FSD has been going up periodically and shows on the website.
Where are you seeing change on pre-order, my pre-order page does not get into those details.
confirms order and FSD only.
Sponsored