NOT A GOOD WAY TO START THE YEAR! 7K-10k?? (with no changes)

Djarik

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Guys,

I am feeling kinda dumb here but where are people seeing their prices associated with their reservations?

When I log into "my Tesla" account and see the orders there, I don't see prices. Even in my reservation confirmation emails I didn't notice anything with the prices stated. I have been hesitant to click on "edit design" because I don't want anything to update to current prices.

I did however, take screenshots of my reservations with full self drive when it was still $7,000 and emailed it to myself for historical proof if I ever needed to argue the point.
Sponsored

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Can someone with a good known account Tweet @Tesla or @Elon, I have tried in the past but since I'm a no body no one sees my tweets to them.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Guys,

I am feeling kinda dumb here but where are people seeing their prices associated with their reservations?

When I log into "my Tesla" account and see the orders there, I don't see prices. Even in my reservation confirmation emails I didn't notice anything with the prices stated. I have been hesitant to click on "edit design" because I don't want anything to update to current prices.

I did however, take screenshots of my reservations with full self drive when it was still $7,000 and emailed it to myself for historical proof if I ever needed to argue the point.
The only place any of us (to my knowledge) has is the confirmation email Tesla sent when we made our reservation saying what model and features we ordered. Hopefully everyone saves these kinds of email for everything they order and especially something so expensive. The reservation page doesn’t show much though I haven’t been there recently.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The only place any of us (to my knowledge) has is the confirmation email Tesla sent when we made our reservation saying what model and features we ordered. Hopefully everyone saves these kinds of email for everything they order and especially something so expensive. The reservation page doesn’t show much though I haven’t been there recently.
I think you did the right thing.

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I'm really not worried about $3k. Buying a $70k truck, that I figure will end up being $100k; $3k might be part of the $100k figured, or it may end up closer to $110k. I'm not going to stress it or stress anyone else from now until I get it, then complain for the next 10 years of ownership. You got what you got. Ante up or not. And fagetaboutit. peace

Edit: I say $100k due to wanting anything helpful toward overlanding and off-road (read their camper top, any tire/wheel size improvement, and solar). For all this, and whatever else, I expect about $100k. If it's less, sweet... that excess will go to the solar panels, inverter, controller, wiring, fuses, batteries, etc for the house.
I currently drive a 2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (4-door) and I am going to get into overloading with it. I initially thought about adding all the necessary equipment in and to the Jeep and ultimately decided it made more sense to get an expedition trailer. The weight of all the equipment will negatively affect off-roading, although that wouldn't be as much of an issue with the CT as it will absolutely not come close to being as capable as the Rubicon in tougher off-roading.

The reason for this is the wheelbase is 42" longer than the 4-door Rubicon and the 4-door is 21.6" longer than the 2-door and they can make obstacle that I scrape on without touching a thing. The breaker on the CT will be brutally small compared to the Jeep and it would turtle a lot and need to be winched a lot. It will be great for overlanding on more moderate trails, but I still love the idea of taking the trailer to a remote location and then unhooking it and exploring more with the vehicle.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No need to tweet at Elon (although some already have). The configurator hasn't been enabled yet, so of course it wouldn't show our locked in prices.

It just doesn't show any price, right now.

-Crissa

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I'm really not worried about $3k. Buying a $70k truck, that I figure will end up being $100k; $3k might be part of the $100k figured, or it may end up closer to $110k. I'm not going to stress it or stress anyone else from now until I get it, then complain for the next 10 years of ownership. You got what you got. Ante up or not. And fagetaboutit. peace

Edit: I say $100k due to wanting anything helpful toward overlanding and off-road (read their camper top, any tire/wheel size improvement, and solar). For all this, and whatever else, I expect about $100k. If it's less, sweet... that excess will go to the solar panels, inverter, controller, wiring, fuses, batteries, etc for the house.
Well said. There are a lot of folks on this forum that seem ready to cut off their nose to spite their face over a relatively few dollars. FSD will be life changing for some and rationalized away as a just a trivial, expensive, and unneeded feature by others.

Last edited:

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
It explicitly states when you reserve, that you are reserving the price of FSD. Other elements of the price of the truck could change, but you're safe on that. It's clearly written, and changing it would be false advertising.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It explicitly states when you reserve, that you are reserving the price of FSD. Other elements of the price of the truck could change, but you're safe on that. It's clearly written, and changing it would be false advertising.
True enough, but the reality in our world of online shopping is that we can view an itemized listing of what we have ordered, shipping charges, taxes, track the item, find manuals, etc., often all from a single page. So it should come as no surprise that people are anxious over the way Tesla does it. It would be easy enough to change so the fact that Tesla hasn’t means, to me, that there is a reason why it is done this way. It would be nice to know what that reason is and share it with everyone.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be nice to know what that reason is and share it with everyone.
  • The configurator isn't ready yet. They only have so much staff building/maintaining so many web pages.
  • The options list isn't known yet.
  • The options pricing isn't known yet.
  • The fees pricing isn't known yet.
  • It's not for another year, so none of this is high priority right now.

• (Okay, the text box wysiwyg is broken on iOS and since it changes the selection I can't do the double-enter needed to end the list...)

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
  • The configurator isn't ready yet. They only have so much staff building/maintaining so many web pages.
  • The options list isn't known yet.
  • The options pricing isn't known yet.
  • The fees pricing isn't known yet.
  • It's not for another year, so none of this is high priority right now.

• (Okay, the text box wysiwyg is broken on iOS and since it changes the selection I can't do the double-enter needed to end the list...)
Its Ok Crissa, We all have our off days....
I won't let this have me think any less of you.

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5.1 180 4WD - CT Tri motor FSD ??
Occupation
Property Maintenance Technician
Country flag
Hello everyone
this is my UK ?? Order and the FSD is still fixed at ÂŁ6800 at the
time of pushing the button, just hope I actually get what I ordered and not a tiny CT for small! Countries ?

Tesla Cybertruck NOT A GOOD WAY TO START THE YEAR! 7K-10k?? (with no changes) DA316571-418A-45AF-8E95-C4997A365EE1

Civic1993

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Correct FSD has been going up periodically and shows on the website.
Where are you seeing change on pre-order, my pre-order page does not get into those details.
confirms order and FSD only.
In Canada and I never got a price on my preorder. I just assumed that the full self driving price would be locked at the time of the preorder.... now I am wondering is that was a good assumption to make....

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...now I am wondering is that was a good assumption to make....
Why? The web site says it is, the law says they have to honor promises, there's no evidence of them ever changing prices from reservation dates before.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Civic1993

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Why? The we site says it is, the law says they have to honor promises, there's no evidence of them ever changing prices from reservation dates before.

-Crissa
Well we never actually got a Canadian price at time of order. So I guess that the site did say say the self driving will stay at $9100 Canadian in November of 2019. It I was just converting from USD American pricing for the actual truck....So I guess we will see next year( or later this year for optimists ) what the sell price will be in Canada..... I appreciate your feedback and how active you are on this site. I have been following Tesla since 2012 and am super excited to see what Tesla comes up with next!
Sponsored