First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
wtf

a 60% price delta from reveal to delivery event (dual motor).

I guess I'll be sitting on the sidelines waiting and hoping for dual motor variant to approach something near $60k which is about all I'm willing to spend on the CT.

what a bummer

4 years waiting to find out it's way more than I'm willing to spend

Last edited:

fefrank

First Name
Felix Guzman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Design Manager
Country flag
All of you guys saying that we are crazy for not expecting a price hike. You guys are ridiculous. I could understand a 10% or even a 20% markup, and I would have been okay with that. But 40%! Forget it, only the very rich would be okay with that.

It has been 4 years not a freaking decade. a $30K increase from what they promised is absurd. Enjoy your overpriced polygon. It's a good product but dang $80k for a mid-model that can't get 350 miles of range is a flop . I don't give a crap if it is faster than a Porsche. This is not a utility truck anymore, this just became a luxury vehicle to flash around other trucks, and for that reason, I'm out.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
This is still better pricing and value than any other electric truck. $72,500 ain't bad for an incredible truck with locking diffs, 17" of clearance, locking vault, 340miles of range, and no dealer markup. I'll be following through with my purchase.
You can get lightnings below sticker in several markets currently. Also note that ground clearance is in extra mode and based on the Hummers execution not actually drivable. I expected functional ground clearance to he in the 13-14” range. Still better than most trucks but just an fyi

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
It's honestly amazing just how MANY people they just priced out. Honestly, it does make the most sense. You've got a set number your producing over the next 12-18 months. No need to make it affordable to the masses. I see you all in 2025, maybe. Assuming they still want to make 1/4 million of these a year

vrpatel

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
2024 model Mercedes GLE450 is $69500. I think I'm cancelling my order now.

7AnhZ826rtAtWXf.png
I mean, if the tax credit stays at $7,500 for <80k vehicles, it's changing to a point of sale credit. so the 79,990 cybertruck would come down to 72 and some change. I'd take that for 3k more over a GLE

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck

Range extender is reported as an external device. So maybe something that can be added after, hopefully to CT's that get the tax incentive, to keep prices in the rebate game, or upgrade as needed.

Remember, in 2024, tax incentive comes off actual price of vehicles, not off taxable income requirements.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
The people backing out probably should just stick to the smaller cars Tesla sells. You obviously never shopped or bought a larger vehicle before. Cry harder somewhere else, please.
LOL...I've only owned trucks. 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton for the last 24+ years. If Tesla is looking to convert me, they failed today.