Cybertruck specs and pricing announcement when?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
seems to me you're making the point that the CT is an amazing truck with massive market appeal, even if it doesn't work for edge case scenario buyers?

I think that's a more than fair point

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You do realize Tesla showed a photo of the first production CT coming off the line with a bunch of Tesla employees surrounding it. It might not be the first CT to go to a customer but it still is the first CT built on the Austin assembly line.
They are building release candidates, not production units. These are vehicles produced to test and refine the manufacturing line. We are likely months away from production units.

It is the first built in Austin, but it is not production and we are still months away from any cars intended for customers being produced.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tsla-Cybertruck-specs.jpg

Here ya go
Sometimes I wonder where people that keep asking these questions came from. There it is, trims and prices. DONE :)

Ok, the world has changed a bit in the past almost 4 years, but this is the last published information we have. I suspect that Tesla doesn't know yet what they will be changing in the trim price points. I wonder if they have decided which trim to manufacture first, but I am not willing to speculate beyond that considering Tesla's propensity to switch directions on a whim.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You do realize Tesla showed a photo of the first production CT coming off the line with a bunch of Tesla employees surrounding it. It might not be the first CT to go to a customer but it still is the first CT built on the Austin assembly line.
The operative word in your response is "built". Yes it is clearly labeled RC1 but what does that really mean? How much of the tooling is automated now? How many of the parts in this CT that will ultimately come from GigaAustin were produced there? Was the CT moved from section to section where whatever tasks that could be performed at that station were, and how many of those tasks required 'assistance'? And so on.

I am overjoyed that a CT has been built at GigaAustin but I agree (with others) that this is just the beginning and that we are doubtless some way from the first CT coming off the fully-operational line. Even then it will be interesting to see how long it takes for 10 CTs a day to come off the line, but from there the ramp will probably increase speed exponentially WOW or MOM.
Sponsored