Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
for delivery units, it’s basically last minute

there’s an alternative explination to your observation

But separately: typically vehicle “production” starts when the first normal, retail, unit come off the line (not counting non-retail, or ‘special’/‘founders’ types units). It’s when real vehicles first get made.

however, it is also possible for the first retail unit to come off a production line that isn’t yet fully built out / commissioned
I think Tesla may build the configurations they want to build first, and they will then match it up against existing orders. With as many reservations as they have, there will be abundant interest in every single configuration.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think Tesla may build the configurations they want to build first, and they will then match it up against existing orders. With as many reservations as they have, there will be abundant interest in every single configuration.
for the insider delivery event, they’re building a delivery event configuration across the board - likely showcasing all the accessories available (that is, available / on hand as of Nov 30)

after the delivery event, there may be a ‘middle’ phase prior to true retail configuration

that middle phase, if so, would look like the ‘founders’ or ‘signature’ series they’ve done with past releases - special editions, to special buyers, at special pricing, with special configurations

when they get around to true retail configurations, expect it to go as ever: from what’s available, configure whatever you want - but your resulting delivery timing may effected

eg, folks who configure a ‘performance’ optioned CT will likely be waiting for delivery much longer than folks that configure a dual. The configuration site will likely forewarnthat a specific configuration/accessory will result in [X] anticipated delay.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
xwitter formula for success 😗

I used to think reality television was the heart of American social degeneration

(Modern) xwitter and it’s fans are now in pole position
That's certainly tiktok / 4chan crowd, reddit not much better. People act like Twitter was big or something. Reddit has always been larger. And, at least in the past, shxttier than Twitter, but X might have taken the lead over Reddit now.

Nothing worse than Truth Social though.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
lol no. And it would be awesome, but these first few trucks will likely lack a lot of what is to come. The first Model S Plaids didn't have trunk liners.
Yup.

I'm in no real hurry so I'd rather get a 2025 or even a 2026 Model Year.

Let the kinks get worked out.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the site won’t let me ignore anymore threads. It says I already have 1000 ignored and I’m at the limit.

CYBRTRKN

First Name
CYBRTRKN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRK
Occupation
EVangel1st
Country flag
Phooey.

I’ll just stare semi patiently at this countdown timer. Like a dog waiting for it’s owner.
Noticing the timing of your post viewing from my side of the ocean was 2:22 AM, and this is a snapshot I took recently:

Tesla Cybertruck Official delivery production has started today on Cybertruck IMG_9285