Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Mine took way longer than a normal update but jumped right from 60% to completed after about an hour.
I just went outside to see what it looked like inside my CyberTruck.. I'm enjoying the process. Screen inside "OO7" as update progresses..
Tesla Cybertruck OTA Software Update 2024.14.3 now available (Off-Road Mode, Locking Diffs, Etc.) -- RELEASE NOTES! 20240501_205656

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
The turning radius on the truck was already pretty good before this update but now its just insane, my parking spot today prior to this update took 3 F-R-F-R-F-R to get into, after update I was able to do it in one F-R

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
a few things I've noticed
  • @Darth abbott was right, the lock sound/custom lock sound is now comically loud. love it!
  • "dome" light between driver/front passenger is VERY bright now (but only the ends of the bar light up on touch; the whole bar lights up dimly when accent lighting is active)
  • accelerator pedal is significantly less sensitive, which for me is a plus because it feels like my other teslas now. it used to be so jerky because I wasn't used to the pressure required versus on my Y; now it's very similar

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
My first attempt at camp mode (in the garage) took it out of level side to side, and into level front to back. About half a bubble on a four foot level so nothing crazy, but still kinda funny.

When I took it out of camp mode it reversed (fixed side to side level and undid the front to back level to normal for the slope of the garage floor). Maybe it will calibrate later?

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Now makes a lock sound where none was heard before.

Now when calling a contact with more than one phone number you can see both of them. Previously the bottom one was cut off and barely selectable. Can you select the number or hang up a call or anything with buttons on the steering wheel or must you use the screen?

Was there never an open the frunk button on the control screen?

Last edited:

Luxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
One thing I noticed but haven’t seen mentioned is the significant improvement in the detection of other surrounding vehicles. Prior to update it seemed like it maybe covered a 50ft radius and would only show 2-3 cars max. Now it is showing several hundred yards out, both sides of large streets/intersections, and each vehicle now shows when brakes are applied—indicated by illuminated red lights on the grey models. None of which occurred prior to this update.

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
that was on top of my frustration list along with overheating my phone wireless charging it.
Agree! The wireless charger is useless. All it does is make my Fold3 warm. The satellite view was also frustrating. Good to hear it is now "locked in"... Still haven't driven mine since update.