Poll: Is 7500 lbs of towing capacity enough? (RWD CT)

Is 7500lbs enough?

• Total voters

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
In the Sandy video from today, they said the RWD tows 7500lbs.

It's enough for me because i dont tow.

But for those who do, is it enough? Or could it be a deal breaker? Keep in mind the truck costs

Tesla Cybertruck Poll: Is 7500 lbs of towing capacity enough? (RWD CT) 1702314785383

video at timestamp
Sponsored

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
If 7,500lbs is not enough, buy the 2 motor or 3 motor to attain the desired truck pull capacity. 7,500 lbs capacity for 2 wd, is enough for me.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If 7,500lbs is not enough, buy the 2 motor or 3 motor to attain the desired truck pull capacity. 7,500 lbs capacity for 2 wd, is enough for me.
That's not how money works lol.

If you are stretching to get the rwd and need a truck to tow, you may be out of luck. (but like i said, i know nothing about towing. I do know that my old a$$ silverado could only tow like 5k or something so it's still better than that)

Just saying, oh, well then just spend an extra $19k feels a little out of touch.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
If you have the money, this is how it works.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If you have the money, this is how it works.
I imagine the people shooting for the RWD typically dont have the money though. There are few reasons to get the RWD over the dual besides saving money

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I imagine the people shooting for the RWD typically dont have the money though. There are few reasons to get the RWD over the dual besides saving money
I could buy the 3 motors foundation series, but it would be overkill for my needs.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I could buy the 3 motors foundation series, but it would be overkill for my needs.
But you understand that you are the exception to the rule and not the rule itself right?

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
7500 is in line with something like a Colorado or a Tacoma. Works well enough for small trailers and this will have quite a bit more oomph

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
7500 lbs is sufficient for many smaller types of towing tasks like snowmobiles, or a side by side or a light utility trailer hauling a lawn tractor. Maybe even an aluminum open flatbed car hauler pulling some smaller classic cars.

Would be OK for pop-up camper.
Maybe a smaller rv trailer, but going to be very range limited.

Plenty of towing weight capacity for Jet Skis or a fishing boat. But I would not use a RWD truck for launching boats even if they are under the weight restriction, due to the danger of sliding back down the slippery wet ramp.

Could pull a 2 horse trailer. Not going to pull larger horse trailers with changing room, 3-6 horses, etc.

Probably not enough for wake boats, big RV's, Equipment trailers with tractors, excavators, and bobcats, big landscaping dump trailers, full size enclosed car hauler or race trailer.

Could pull an ice house, but with a curb weight of 6700 lbs, I wouldn't drive it on the ice - use your side by side for that.

TTz

First Name
TTz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Tesla is after high-volume mass-market.
The fact that the Cybertruck can haul a load of 2x4s and/or pull a trailer is a nice utility. But if you require a true tow vehicle or you regularly load 1000 lbs of pea gravel in the bed…go order an appropriate vehicle. The sure sign this truck is NOT a work truck is the white interior option. It will mainly be a drive to work truck. A soccer mom truck. A Sunday drive with the kiddos to see grandma truck. You will be disappointed if you were thinking this was a replacement for your F350.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The fact that the Cybertruck can haul a load of 2x4s and/or pull a trailer is a nice utility. But if you require a true tow vehicle or you regularly load 1000 lbs of pea gravel in the bed…go order an appropriate vehicle. The sure sign this truck is NOT a work truck is the white interior option. It will mainly be a drive to work truck. A soccer mom truck. A Sunday drive with the kiddos to see grandma truck. You will be disappointed if you were thinking this was a replacement for your F350.
There will be a black interior version I'm sure. I don't know how that would disqualify it from the truck bros game lol

No one was comparing it to an f350.

Well, except Tesla, when they out-pulled one. Or I guess when they hit both with sledgehammers on reveal night.

And honestly, I don't think the prices really target super high volume anymore.

Maybe in the future.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Cybertruck Beat the Ford F350 Diesel in a load pull of 40,000lbs, so where is the problem with this truck?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
But you understand that you are the exception to the rule and not the rule itself right?
Why is that? The beast is only advantageous for racing. Noone needs that kind of acceleration and the payload and towing capabilities are the same as the AWD. So someone with common sense is an exception to the rule? I weep for the species.
Sponsored