Armyintel96b

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 performance
Country flag
I ordered the tri. Res 11311 and I'm in Texas. Hoping to get an invite soon. I wonder how many people will try and flip their CT. I've been watching AutoTrader and Ebay and haven't seen any yet.
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There is no way the Cybertruck has 4 million orders, especially in mid-late 2020
Of course not, but they don't have to iterate every base 10 digit the same and they may not be allocating reservations for every single enumeration of a count.

Fact is no one knows the reservation number schema except Tesla and they could have it setup for skipped or reserved numbers or who knows what. They might even have an algorithm to allocate reservation numbers from a block of numbers, or they may be skipping certain groups.

But it's a good bet they have at least 2 million orders, and Tesla may just have a schema that spreads those 2 million across the block of numbers. Either way, it's a good bet that the person with a RN116xxxxxx is further down the distributed list than someone with RN112xxxxxx.

- ÆCIII

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
It's usually within weeks. Didn't the email specify?

With other vehicles - ones not in a launch ramp - you'd get specific dates.

-Crissa
When I got the Tesla E-mail for my M3 in 2018, once accepted, they sent me a separate e-mail with a range of delivery date.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Seems similar to the model 3 launch. They did California first and random reservations.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
When I saw that people with RNs in the 20K range were getting invites my hopium went crazy. I figured that if that many places of RNs had passed on the option or didn't fit the criteria, then maybe there is a chance that my number would come up sooner than expected (and that has moved off to the future at least 6 months beyond where I had earlier hoped). But I haven't seen any updates where the upper RN has moved beyond that number by much. Maybe Tesla really is only going to have a few Foundation Series CTs.

Hmm, I just checked the order tracker again and there is someone in MD that has an RN very close (even slightly higher) than mine. I am in the RN1130 range. It would be wonderful to have the option to configure but it is becoming clear that the algorithm Tesla is using isn't sequential. I am going to let my hopium remain for now.

Last edited:

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
Did everyone who configured get the prepare for delivery email? Received Saturday 5am
I ordered last night 12/10 and recieved a "prepare for delivery" today 12/11 early morning. I'm in CA.

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
I'm trying to figure the rhyme or reason to the seemingly random RN order. Certainly Tesla is picking folks who live near TXGF or CA Design Studio so they'll be close by if there needs to be a hardware update, but I wonder if some of the jumping around is to get people who locked in the $7K FSD originally to in essence, pay a higher amount for FSD by bundling it in to an early release, take-it-or-leave-it package?

Has anyone who DIDN'T indicate FSD on their original reservation been invited to buy the Founder's Series? 🤔
I didn't, and have been (but...I'm in socal). I still think it's a lottery

Knucklehead

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It was $100 and IFIRC it was opened globally.

I'd say that domestically I will be surprised if 10% of the reservations actually convert to orders.

The vast majority of people rely on bank financing to make auto purchases and many times they have no money down or are even upside down on another car they purchased.

With no money down and a 72 month loan a dual motor CT is $1400 a month, plus insurance (which will probably be astronomical) plus electricity which will be 50% higher than a different Tesla vehicle for the same driving. Plus $350 a piece tires, etc.

So call it "all in" at $1600 or more a month.

How many people can even afford that?

Elon knows it's a problem too which is why he said the #1 priority with CT after production ramp is finding ways to make it more affordable for customers.
IMO, if you can't afford to put at least 20% down on a vehicle, you probably shouldn't buy it. And for sure the market for $100k+ vehicles is small compared to $40k vehicles.

How far down did the X go from the initial price? Can we expect a bigger drop on the CT? I don't have the answer, but I suspect it will be similar.

chris_ace_14

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
I ordered Friday night and got the email Saturday morning. Been stuck at this stage of the steps.

Tesla Cybertruck "Prepare for Delivery" Email Received for RN11278xxxx (Cybertruck Foundation Series Cyberbeast AWD)! 😱 IMG_9067

rrobster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Consultancy
Country flag
Hello, I received "Prepare for Delivery" email at 5:00am this morning. This will be my first Tesla, Does anyone know what the time frame is from this point? Thanks.

Reservation number: RN11278xxxx (reserved within first 5 minutes on concept reveal date - 11/21/19).

I got the Foundation Edition invite at 7:30Pm Friday (12/8/23). I accepted the AWD on Saturday morning and paid the $250.00. I completed the Registration info, loan info, etc on the Tesla app. This morning I got the email posted.

Cybertruck order prepare for delivery email.jpeg
It's been 6 months since I took delivery of a Y but I received my 'prepare for delivery' notice and it was delivered 2 weeks later. As others have said, I'm not sure if a launch vehicle such as this changes the time frame.

yurmitesla

First Name
Eyal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Software eng
Country flag
I wonder how many people will try and flip their CT. I've been watching AutoTrader and Ebay and haven't seen any yet.
No reason to flip, Turo is your best friend. I made a %15 return off MSRP in the first year of my Model Y, just by casually renting it out (maybe 10% of the time). I suspect that the demand for the Cybertruck will far exceed the Model Y.

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
I ordered the tri. Res 11311 and I'm in Texas. Hoping to get an invite soon. I wonder how many people will try and flip their CT. I've been watching AutoTrader and Ebay and haven't seen any yet.
Cant flip it. At least not the first 12 months. Not sure on how to gnerate income with it through things like TURO. So I doubt you'll see CTs in auto trader or the likes anytime soon:D

Andres.FS7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
No reason to flip, Turo is your best friend. I made a %15 return off MSRP in the first year of my Model Y, just by casually renting it out (maybe 10% of the time). I suspect that the demand for the Cybertruck will far exceed the Model Y.
How long ago did you rent your model y on Turo?
How was your experience on Turo?

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
This is strange how Tesla process early reservation (My RN11275xxxx) holder. I have lower reservation for the Tri-motor and have not been contacted by Tesla for a founder version. All they sent me was an offer to get a $1000 of for other cars while I wait for my CT. I am in California by-the-way
Sponsored