Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
That makes me feel a bit better! Nice KTM's....will put my KTM sticker on first thing like I always do....even M3P has one (wonder what people think)..but hey it adds 20ft lbs torque! ;-)

Getting a bit tight in the garage - this is where the M3P now sits
IMG_0133.jpeg

I LOVE IT!!!! Can’t just be single garage?
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I hope there aren't any more changes in the dimensions. I still want it to have all the functionality of a full size PU.
Im pretty certain Elon said would shrink it as long as he could retain the 6.5 ft bed length. Can you imagine the footprint versus cargo capacity? i cant think of a 225" long truck with a 6.5' long bed.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Im pretty certain Elon said would shrink it as long as he could retain the 6.5 ft bed length. Can you imagine the footprint versus cargo capacity? i cant think of a 225" long truck with a 6.5' long bed.
Has to come with 6.5 foot bed.
I sure hope that stays as well.?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
That makes me feel a bit better! Nice KTM's....will put my KTM sticker on first thing like I always do....even M3P has one (wonder what people think)..but hey it adds 20ft lbs torque! ;-)

Getting a bit tight in the garage - this is where the M3P now sits
IMG_0133.jpeg
Look at all those truck bed ramps you're gonna have to eBay off! :)

Reactions: Geo

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The increase in window size is the most noticeable change for me. And I like it! Visibility and safety are some of my favorite things about trucks.

Deleted member 3316

Whoa! 7" shorter? Now this thing will fit in my garage! Fantastic. Regretfully, it also probably means my motorcycle won't fit in the vault. Bummers.
Apparently the vault is the same dimensions, cabin is likely pushed into the frunk more.
That dash is HUGE!, and shortening the front overhang improves the approach angle.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Has to come with 6.5 foot bed.
I sure hope that stays as well.?
Absolutely! I dont really care if Tesla wants to make it a little smaller, more maneuverability is welcome. However i want to use this truck as a truck, not because its "cool". So as long as the cargo capacity remains im game, also mine wont be a garage queen. Gonna be a road warrior instead :cool:

Edit: honestly i would buy it no matter what though, i was sold on the Tesla truck before it even got revealed.

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
3% isn't that much. Flattening angle of center line cuts about 2 inches from tail (without shortening bed). Then take another 2 inches from nose (in front of wheel well). Then shorten rear door 2 inches and driver door 1 inch. Interior might loose a little but maybe dashboard and seats can be adjusted to minimize difference.

Tried photoshop--Not perfect but an idea of about as drastic as we can expect, I think.

CT-3pc-shorter.jpg

ct-original.jpg

ct-org-short.gif
This is beautiful. Great work CT4P. Anything to reduce the absolute dump truck of an a** that the original design had is an improvement in my book. And shrinking the truck a bit was necessary to appeal to a larger audience who might be trying to park this thing in the city.

CT4FP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck DM
Country flag
slider showing both dimensions simultaneously. Sorry if repost...
https://electrek.co/2020/04/18/tesla-cybertruck-renders-elon-musk-design-changes/
The problem with this render is it takes the entire 7 inch reduction from the bed. The doors and window positions are identical. Elon already said 3.5 inch is taken from cabin and bed size will stay the same.

I also don't think when Elon said window sills were lowered, he meant they would be made larger just lowered as a side effect of decreasing angle of center line.

This is my interpretation (minor fixes from my first attempt)

Tesla Cybertruck Production Cybertruck Size Reduced By 3% With a More Level Center Line and Lower Window Sills [Update: Interior Reduced 1.5%] cybertruck-length-225

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just concerning this "choice" of reducing the overall size of the Cyber...
So the "first principles". Elon, explain how the change in the Cyber was done because the engineering team failed to follow first principles?
I wrongly surmised that all the reductions were done because a little dead space was found between parts and sections. But IF you are reducing cabin space then why?
The first set of dimensions were created using "First Principles." If they were not then why?
If the second set of dimensions for the interior space is correct concerning "first principles" then how did the engineers get it wrong originally?
I had faith that Elon would use "First Principles" to engineer all his products. And now this?
It is disconcerting to see "First Principles" ignored at any stage...or given up on?

CT4FP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck DM
Country flag
Not sure how common it is but my "20 foot" garage is actually 19 feet 4 inches (232 inches) -- the exact length of prototype. The 7 inch shorter version makes garaging an option. Maybe the unexpected level of interest from non-truck people made Tesla reconsider garages.

UPDATE: Looks like that is pretty common. A 20 foot garage refers to external size and you'd subtract 6 to 8 inches for interior dimension.
Sponsored

Last edited: