Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck
Occupation
Firefighter, entrepreneur
Country flag
I heard 2 rumors that I'm trying to confirm...

1. Tesla has decide to release 3 motor first (doesn't make sense to me, but whatever)
2. Tesla is allowing ppl with reservations to upgrade to 3 motor without losing their reservation number
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

1. Tesla has decide to release 3 motor first (doesn't make sense to me, but whatever)
2. Tesla is allowing ppl with reservations to upgrade to 3 motor without losing their reservation number
hope thats true...get production going with CT3 and then when bugs are eliminated, bring on the CT4.......allow people with CT1 and CT2 to upgrade, but place holding will depend on what you order and the production line configuration

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

#1 is what Elon said, due to demand, in the week after launch. This year, he said there would be a quad motor first instead.

#2 is what lots of people did before the reservations were cut down. Currently you can't select a model.

During previous launches, Tesla has cajoled people into purchasing the earliest models they had available. The model selection is generally just a tool for them to estimate demand.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

all guessing

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge, both 1. and 2. are true.
Sponsored